Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Thankz Pointz system has been CHANGED to Reputation

For the time being, we've removed the Thankz Pointz system. All previous thankz pointz are still in the system and on your accounts, it's just that, at this time, we have disabled it because people just don't get it. So, don't worry, if we put them back in one day, you won't be "starting from scratch."

We've put it in the rules and told countless people hundreds of times that they are not to be begged for or offered. They were supposed to be fun and given out when people felt like it. The staff and the users all got tired of seeing the begging and reporting it and dealing with it, so, until we can get people to stop the begging and offering of thankz pointz, they won't appear on WI.

------------------

Okay, I've worked on this quite a bit and really want to leave it for you guys, since everyone loves it and the main issue was not with the system itself, rather with the point totals. I toyed with a different system that may have a place later on.

So, I've changed it! It's now an "earned reputation", rather than a "hard number of points" that people are collecting. I will not give out the qualifications for each "dot". I've changed the title to "reputation" because I was afraid that people would think that each "dot" represented a "point" and then would start asking for more points or asking us why their "dots" don't reflect their points.

Also, I've removed any reference to the point total that each user has accumulated, so that no one looks in their profiles and sees that they "just need 2 more to get to 100" and start soliciting again.

I'm sure that you guys already know that "more dots" = "higher reputation" just as before. You may notice that some people have green dots and some have gray. This doesn't mean that they don't have a reputation (or have a bad one), it just means that their "reputation display" is turned off in their userCPs. If yours isn't showing green and you want it to, just "show my reputation level" in your userCP and you'll be good to go.

Basically, it's the same system, just with a different name and a slightly different implementation

Hope everyone is okay with the change!!
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
bratzgirllily
Gift Guru

lisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of light

Talking Re: Thankz Pointz system has been removed

ok thanks for telling us

Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
If you want it ask
Gifted

heymay has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Thankz Pointz system has been removed

Thanks for letting us know
heymay is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
Gift Guru

WesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Well fooey.......I'm a newbie and was hoping I'd get my first points soon!! Oh well!

In my short time on here, I've seen lots of begging and offering too! So, I guess that's a good idea until everyone "gets" the idea!!!
WesleyKinz is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
umustpmme4it
Gifted

rattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for taking control of that- while the Thankz points were fun and I enjoyed giving them out to people who deserved it, far too many people have been begging. I do look forward to when they come back....if they ever do, that is...
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
UNI

I was just going to post something about the Thanz points, but went to the home page and saw this.

I know I'm not the first, and I doubt I will be the last

But Justin......

THANK YOU -- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU for all you do
Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
GrannySalty
Gift Guru

GrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of light

What a shame. I for one enjoyed being able to Thankz someone who was truly helpful. It was nice to be able to say a little extra or thank them without having to post. Sorry to see it go away but I do understand why. I too get sick of seeing the whinning and begging for them too!

Thankz goodness I got to Thankz Merthyn for the great stories today!! At least I got that Thankz in in time!! I look forward to the day we can bring them back.
GrannySalty is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

i loved reading the comments people left for me!
tee1000 is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
ash*

Why? I loved thanks points system!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Hey I loved the comments just as much as you guys, but no one followed my example of never begging for nor offering thankz pointz. I had the most of anyone and I never once begged for them. People thanked me for being helpful. Too many people did too much begging and the hand was forced; it was wasting our time in correcting the posts and users' time by having to report them.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: