Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #51
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: T-Mobile Advertisements Block Screens in Webkinz World

Yes, I have found this so annoying, I haven't logged in after I notice it. You can't access the upper right sections of the map like the curio shop of wish factory. If you catch the ad without the giri in it it seems to be OK, but this isn't the first time one of these ads have interefered with the site. They need to be more selective and QUIT allowing the "live" style ads that can't be closed. Come on Ganz, find some other sponsors and make a deal with them with restictions on the kinds of ads they can run!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #52
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

this is beyond maddening. because any outside ad is not acceptabe in or on WW. i pay a lot to have a safe site.................. ive invested sooooooooooo much in ww and i feel they have betrayed me. i also want to say that many of us are also being randomly logged off our accts and we cant really play at all i cant get MH trpohies anymore because i get logged off over and over..... id loveto see a front p[age article on this problem........ there has been a glitch report for months now but ganzwont fix it or even address it at all. we deserve much better than this. im afraid when this keeeps up i will hae togie up this hobby for good. why are they doing this?
this ad started on my logout page two days ago, but if your cursed over it it went away but now its morphed to plopping there,. this is unacceptable. im sooooooooooo mad right now.
thanks for addressing this on the frontp[age............. id be so appreciative if you also address the random logouts for us............ seeing that ganz wont do so. thanks so much for all you address.

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO SAY ABOUT THE ADS is that the self-refreshing ads are slowing down my accts because my computer is an older one,in the middle of play all of a sudden my acct freezes while the ad refreshes......... it was bad enough when they were animated, now they are also self refreshing.............. this whole ad thing may be the deal breaker for me. ive had it with the glitches and now these ads making my whole accts, all 3 of them, unstable. since these ads have appeared a bit prior to this is when my random logouts have started.
i know WI has these adsand i dont like them but the BIG DIFFERENCE is that this is how WI makes money to keep the site free so i understand it................in ww i PAY FOR MY PLUSHIES AND ZUMS AND HAMSTERS AND CLOTHES AND CARDS AND CHARMS AND FIGURINES AND ON AND ON AND ON
so i expect a secure and safe and clean site for this ton of dough i have given them. this is wrong. i believe with all my heart that these ads are why my accts continually log me off at any time, and many other people. i put that here only because ganz does not have the manners to admit to this happening. we deserve better. stop adding stuff if you already have instability. you tell me why they need an ad that says 'go ahead, make a baby!', NO MATTER WHAT IT IS ADVERTISING, on a kids site? i wouldnt even like it on an adult site...........

sorry to comment yet again but i was in my acct and another issue happened that i believe is related to these new ads that refresh or fill out the screen, and that is that i cannot take any screenshots while in ww anymore............ i get logged out. if anyone else has this issue please ad it to the random logged out thread in the glitch report and here too........ since it is the only place that the top dog at ganz reads. front page articles.

many of us have repeatedly told ganz about the ads and all that has happened is they are getting much worse................. real nice.

Last edited by BASMAT; 05-09-2011 at 02:37 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #53

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

I'm still getting logged out too BASMAT. Right in the middle of important things, that I can't do again until the next day. Heck, now I've gotten in to the habit of logging MYSELF out every 20 minutes just so that it doesn't happen in the middle of something important. Shouldn't have to do it, but I do! I must say, contests or not, I'm SOOO happy I added the ad blocker tonight. Everything is running better, and thankfully NO T-Mobile ad (or that awful make a baby one).
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #54
Gift Guru

blueajah knows the way
blueajah knows the wayblueajah knows the wayblueajah knows the wayblueajah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Mynoey
If you're using Firefox, there's an add on called Ad Block Plus. I've been using it for a few years. Normally, I have it set not to block WW or WKN. Right now, I've turned it back on for WW.

You can also use this (or another form of it) for Google Chrome! I installed it over a year ago and love it!
blueajah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #55

Princess Pony is a jewel in the roughPrincess Pony is a jewel in the rough

This happened to me a couple times. It's really annoying because whenever I try to X out of something, I can't because the ad is in my way! So I have to log out and log back in. I'm really annoyed with webkinz lately because they have so many glitches!
Princess Pony is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #56
Honoured to be a
Gift Guru

vcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to behold

Oh I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! The worst part is there isn't even a "close" button for the silly ad.
vcs28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #57

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

This is so unacceptable. Can't get to the Curio Shop, can't finish Jumbleberries. How much longer do we have to put up with this????
jemkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #58
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

I just called Customer Service and reported the problem and I urge others to do the same. The lady I talked with did not sound as though she'd heard the complaint about the TMobile ad before. I also shared my dismay with ads taking over WW, but told her that when the ads are glitchy or I suspect they are causing sudden drop out from WW (usually in the middle of an activity only available 1x/day) that my attitude towards the ads is made even MORE negative.
GlynnisI is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #59

lava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant future

Ugh. Ive been noticing that webkinz has gotten progressively worse and worse when it comes to blatant advertising, but this is going too far.
lava94 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #60
Bunny Giraffes?

Grownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of lightGrownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of lightGrownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of light

I gave up and installed adblock plus. I didn't want to as I felt I was helping to support Ganz by viewing the ads (even though NONE of them have been for anything I want) but the degradation of site performance has finally become too much for me to withstand.

Using the 'block third party' ads box that Webkinz has is NOT a good idea. I had tried that several months ago and it DOES NOT block the ads before log-in which turns out to be the problem now. And it prevents you from participating in any sponsored prize ads for a month. With Adblock plus, you *should* be able to turn it off and on whenever you like, and even set it to allow ads on some pages of Webkinz (wherever they aren't too terrible, I will try to do that.)

I've only just installed it, so am only hoping it all works out.

View Post Originally Posted by Grownup Giraffe
I gave up and installed adblock plus.
On second thought, I may NEVER turn it off for webkinz unless there's an ad contest. The site is SO MUCH FASTER without the ads, I can't believe it. The ads really, really cripple performance. HEY, maybe I'll be able to pass the strength & agility classes! Worth a try.

Last edited by Grownup Giraffe; 05-09-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Grownup Giraffe is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
ugh! ganz! sheesh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: