Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #71
Webkinz :)

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Starting Jan 19, 2011, Webkinz Accounts will No Longer Expire!

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
THOUGHT:

From a financial point of view, why would Ganz do this?

Could it be that in a year or two they will be phasing out/shutting down Webkinz World?

One might say 'no way, look at the new hamster stuff and all the new pets each month'. But then again, we've been told (all over WI) that Webkinz have dropped in popularity & the fan bas is shrinking - the craze is over.

So, what are your thoughts? Anyone else think this is something besides unprecedented goodwill & generosity on Ganz' part?

Just curious.

Hope the 'too good to be true' is true in this case.

Respectfully,
Bankskinz
I doubt it. I mean why would they do all that stuff and get their members all excited and stuff to just turn around and dump Webkinz...it be like a slap in the face to their members.
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #72
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

I wonder if I'll be able to get another mat? I'll have to try and get a code from an add and give it a try.

It is a smart idea, I think.
kawee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #73
Goodbye!

iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man this makes me so happy! No more OMG WHEN DOES MY ACCOUNT EXPIRE I NEED A NEW WEBKINZ!!
iamsam is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #74
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I totally agree this is a marvelous idea but one has to ponder the reason for this change. Did the people whose dropped accounts rise in number? Were the company efforts to encourage bringing a friend back not having the expected results? Was membership down? There has to be a reason for this type of change and I wonder what it was.

I think its important to remember that the phasing in of new stuff is as far out as a year in planning before it actually hits the site..maybe even longer..so just because new stuff is hitting right and left doesn't mean that the site is as popular as in 2006.

Could this also be an experiment to see how many people will spend money on pets and delux in order to have access to the whole site..??? I have a feeling the access issue will be huge. Who is going to want to play on WW if they can't access their favorite things they use to when adopting a pet each year? So they are not telling us what that limited access will be...it could be a lot we will not be able to access that will make it not so much fun.

This could backfire.

Last edited by Tula; 12-22-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #75
Call me Haley

Cozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the way

That is so cool! I think Ganz is getting a lot better! This will be a great feature!
Cozyy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #76
HEY YOU
Gifted

1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things
1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things1212blue is a champion of all things

yay!!!! i don't have to spend all my b-day money on new webkinz to renew my account!
that's great news!!
1212blue is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #77
Go Tim Tebow!

tjsie is a glorious beacon of lighttjsie is a glorious beacon of lighttjsie is a glorious beacon of light

Go GANZ! This is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
tjsie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #78
Alexj894

Alexj894 is a jewel in the roughAlexj894 is a jewel in the rough

This is great nes. Although I can imagine the site will be running slower due to the large amount of people joining webkinz.
Alexj894 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #79
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

People will only stop buying webkinz.
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #80
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

Click the image to open in full size.us adults won't like limited access but kids...they love games etc....so they won't mind
lemony is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
allthegoodtagsweretaken, big newz!, crafter4christ, god is 100% awesome, good going ganz!, iwashere:)<3, james is mangarine, lanawas happily here!! :), lightning :), ninjalicious, not sure :$, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, shelby <3, yippee thx ganz, you are beautiful! ☺, ♫sing4me a melody

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: