Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #231
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

Default Re: Starting Jan 19, 2011, Webkinz Accounts will No Longer Expire!

The last time I adopted a new pet on my account was February 2, 2010. I got a new Webbie for Christmas this year and was planning to save it for just before Feb. 2 to extend my account for another full year, before I read this article. Interesting thing, though......I went to the My Pets section and it has these dates: Account opened: 5/14/08. Full Membership: 5/1/11. Somehow I gained 3 months in the transition!

I agree with previous members who predict that unless members purchase a new pet before their accounts expire, they will lose "full" membership privileges and will be reduced to a "limited" membership.......perhaps only what is offered in the pop up menu not including the map to Kinzville (which offers everything on the site). The only way to regain full access is to adopt another pet or go Deluxe.

I think this is an acceptable compromise. Those that don't want to spend the money on adopting pets or going Deluxe can have their account for free, but just won't be able to do everything. Remember, lots of features on WW are "pay to play" anyway (you have to purchase a figurine, Zum, etc. to be granted access). Those who don't want to pay don't get to play those areas.

I personally don't have an issue with adopting one $15 pet per year to keep my membership "full". I'm sure this is how I will continue in future years.

Nickelcat
Nickelcat is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #232
Unregistered

Talking Re: Starting Jan 19, 2011, Webkinz Accounts will No Longer Expire!

wow this is awesome my account expired now i will be able to go back oin my webkinz wow awesome i cant belive this who made webkinz world is a genius great your awesome
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #233
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Tomorrow is the day!
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #234
Gift Guru

nmk6 knows the way
nmk6 knows the waynmk6 knows the way

I can't wait til tomorrow!
nmk6 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #235
hoo! I'm
Gifted

ariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder when this will kick in - I still cannot get into my extra account. :p
ariel95a is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #236
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Perhaps they'll have a maintenance early this morning (it is Wednesday after all - maintenance usually only occurs on Wednesdays) and then it will kick in...
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:15 AM   #237
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 

Just as I suspected WW is now down for maintenance I'm sure we'll see the update when it comes back up
Old 01-19-2011, 04:24 AM   #238

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

I also have been a little concerned about what this can mean -- however wouldn't it be terribly short sighted of Ganz to start closing down WW? After all I can guarantee most people here wouldn't consider buying one of their new Tail Town figures if they stopped supporting WW, something we already have a lot of $$$ invested in. I really don't think there is cause for worry.

Wonder if there will be any fun things in the wshop after maintenance.

Is this a fun new theme that I have missed hearing about?
Click the image to open in full size.
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:35 AM   #239
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
I also have been a little concerned about what this can mean -- however wouldn't it be terribly short sighted of Ganz to start closing down WW? After all I can guarantee most people here wouldn't consider buying one of their new Tail Town figures if they stopped supporting WW, something we already have a lot of $$$ invested in. I really don't think there is cause for worry.

Wonder if there will be any fun things in the wshop after maintenance.

Is this a fun new theme that I have missed hearing about?
Click the image to open in full size.
I think that allowing users to access expired accounts can only renew interest for those players who may have stopped using the site because of not being able to adopt new pets. I know there are many younger people on this site who only use WI for it's other features such as RP'ing and to run graphics shops or chat with friends on the DCT, but now if those members can use their accounts it can only be a good thing for driving up interest in WW! I don't think they'll shut down the site Plus I think that the estore sales are something that have very little expense since they are not making real product and the estore sales will keep the programmers at Ganz paid for a long time! I hope anyway!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #240
hoo! I'm
Gifted

ariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
Perhaps they'll have a maintenance early this morning (it is Wednesday after all - maintenance usually only occurs on Wednesdays) and then it will kick in...
Thanks Cocoa! That is just what I was thinking. Occasionally I notice some maintenance starts at 5am, and well its after 5am so they must be working now especially since the log in screen is blank.

ariel95a is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
allthegoodtagsweretaken, big newz!, crafter4christ, god is 100% awesome, good going ganz!, iwashere:)<3, james is mangarine, lanawas happily here!! :), lightning :), ninjalicious, not sure :$, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, shelby <3, yippee thx ganz, you are beautiful! ☺, ♫sing4me a melody

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: