Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #211
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Starting Jan 19, 2011, Webkinz Accounts will No Longer Expire!

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
THOUGHT:

From a financial point of view, why would Ganz do this?

Could it be that in a year or two they will be phasing out/shutting down Webkinz World?

One might say 'no way, look at the new hamster stuff and all the new pets each month'. But then again, we've been told (all over WI) that Webkinz have dropped in popularity & the fan bas is shrinking - the craze is over.

So, what are your thoughts? Anyone else think this is something besides unprecedented goodwill & generosity on Ganz' part?

Just curious.

Hope the 'too good to be true' is true in this case.

Respectfully,
Bankskinz
If people can come back and play in WW again after they have abandoned their expired accounts, they will remember how much fun it is and they will see all the cool new stuff in WW, and that will make them want to play with it even more, especially if it doesn't cost anything. When they get frustrated by not being able to access some of the best areas of WW, they will want to buy another webbie or a Deluxe account code to unlock those areas and get the best playing experience.

That's what I would think if I were running Ganz's marketing.
Arbee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #212
Webkinz :)

McNugget97 is a jewel in the roughMcNugget97 is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand....What's the difference between a full and free account?
McNugget97 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #213
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I feel a bit ripped off though..I just adopted 30 pets on 30 accounts. Well good news for others none the less. I wonder if webkinz sales will be affected by this? It's probably being done to compete with all those other free sites out there.
EXOTERIC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #214
I'm a dancing
Gift Guru

1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold

WELL this came a little late I wonder if I will ever use my expired account...
1220panda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #215

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

I got an account and it says it expires today and I got 14 more days of grace and if i dont renew...then...it gones for good and i cant use it.
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #216
californiagirl05

californiagal05 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by lilduckey99
Thanks for the news! But I feel sorry for some people I know who can only get webbies if their account is about to expire
Yeah, haha this is great! But... I don't think I'll be allowed to get any more Webkinz after my parents find out about this. :O
californiagal05 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #217

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

I'm guessing that we'll be able to do whatever is on the Things To Do menu (except the map) and the newspaper. It might explain why new accounts have to earn other locations on the map. I guess in 4 weeks we'll know!
Beautykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #218

Linus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
THOUGHT:

Could it be that in a year or two they will be phasing out/shutting down Webkinz World?

One might say 'no way, look at the new hamster stuff and all the new pets each month'. But then again, we've been told (all over WI) that Webkinz have dropped in popularity & the fan bas is shrinking - the craze is over.

So, what are your thoughts? Anyone else think this is something besides unprecedented goodwill & generosity on Ganz' part?

Just curious.

Respectfully,
Bankskinz
Bankskinz, this was my thinking, too, when I read this news. It doesn't seem to make any sense because it actually gives people a disincentive to buy more Webkinz products.

I've been wondering if the end is near, so when I saw this announcement my first instinct was that Ganz was desperate to get back former users. But I don't see that happening. I work in an elementary school, and I have seen a huge drop in the popularity of Webkinz. Two years ago, there was a huge wave where every kid seemed to have them. Now none of the kids bring them to school or talk about their accounts.

Truthfully, I think their glitches have done them in. Kids have little patience and plenty of other entertainment options, so when WW is slow or doesn't work as it's supposed to, they just head somewhere else.

My own kids who used to play every day have not logged on for months. My youngest daughter's account is nearing expiration, and we were planning to buy a cheap pet just to keep the account alive, but there's no sense even doing that now.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I sense there is more behind this story, maybe a very limited "free" or ad-based Webkinz World, and a pricier subscription account with the features we've grown accustomed to. Obviously, Ganz needs a reliable revenue stream coming in from somewhere, and this move is so confusing because it cuts off an obvious source of revenue. I'm interested but a little worried about what's coming next.
Linus is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #219

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Arbee
If people can come back and play in WW again after they have abandoned their expired accounts, they will remember how much fun it is and they will see all the cool new stuff in WW, and that will make them want to play with it even more, especially if it doesn't cost anything. When they get frustrated by not being able to access some of the best areas of WW, they will want to buy another webbie or a Deluxe account code to unlock those areas and get the best playing experience.

That's what I would think if I were running Ganz's marketing.
This is absolutely what they are thinking. Well said, rep for you! I hope others read your explanation, because it hits the nail on the head!
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #220

Ezyloveswebbys is on a distinguished road

Quote:

THOUGHT:

Just curious.

Respectfully,
Bankskinz
Quote:
Bankskinz, this was my thinking, too, when I read this news. It doesn't seem to make any sense because it actually gives people a disincentive to buy more Webkinz products.

I've been wondering if the end is near, so when I saw this announcement my first instinct was that Ganz was desperate to get back former users. But I don't see that happening. I work in an elementary school, and I have seen a huge drop in the popularity of Webkinz. Two years ago, there was a huge wave where every kid seemed to have them. Now none of the kids bring them to school or talk about their accounts.

Truthfully, I think their glitches have done them in. Kids have little patience and plenty of other entertainment options, so when WW is slow or doesn't work as it's supposed to, they just head somewhere else.

My own kids who used to play every day have not logged on for months. My youngest daughter's account is nearing expiration, and we were planning to buy a cheap pet just to keep the account alive, but there's no sense even doing that now.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I sense there is more behind this story, maybe a very limited "free" or ad-based Webkinz World, and a pricier subscription account with the features we've grown accustomed to. Obviously, Ganz needs a reliable revenue stream coming in from somewhere, and this move is so confusing because it cuts off an obvious source of revenue. I'm interested but a little worried about what's coming next.
Me too. As some people say, it could well be trying to regain former members... But probably the majority of members who leave webkinz do this because they think they have grown out. I don't think that, just because their account will no longer expire, that they decide that it isn't a younger kid's thing. (WHICH IT iSN'T ANYWAY!) Even if it was a ploy to regain them, they would not know, because they quit anyway.

Somehow I don't think they are preparing to close... They HAVE just released December Webkinz, Series 2 Mazin' Hamsters, most things as usual. Considering the season, I bet they have made VERY healthy profits this month of all.

Another thing surely could be that they are trying to compare to other free games, and I think perhaps this is the most reasonable solution.

I too am worried about the future for Webkinz, but I guess they had their reasons, that or just they are deciding to come away from greed? Maybe we'll never know...

Ezzy.
Ezyloveswebbys is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
allthegoodtagsweretaken, big newz!, crafter4christ, god is 100% awesome, good going ganz!, iwashere:)<3, james is mangarine, lanawas happily here!! :), lightning :), ninjalicious, not sure :$, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, shelby <3, yippee thx ganz, you are beautiful! ☺, ♫sing4me a melody

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: