Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #361
ow! I'm finally a
Gift Guru

cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Spring Celebration Eggs Arrive in Webkinz World

Out of all my 25 eggs I've gotten, only 2 were duds. Isn't this kinda unusual or am I just getting really lucky?
cplover5689 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #362
B2UTYFUL
Gifted

poochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by cplover5689
Out of all my 25 eggs I've gotten, only 2 were duds. Isn't this kinda unusual or am I just getting really lucky?
i only have a few accounts and i missed some eggs, but in total i got 14 eggs and non were duds. i hope my luck continues
and i think the 80% chance is different with different ppeople
poochie10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #363
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
That is too much math for me! Yesterday I opened 6 eggs and got two prizes, and today I opened 6 eggs and got 6 prizes. To me, that means my rate of success is 67%. Which is way lower than the advertised "chances".
View Post Originally Posted by RalGash
What happened to the 80% chance of winning something? I think it may have been accidently programmed the other way because it seems to me to be more like between 30-50% depending on your luck.
The way probability works, any outcome of opening the eggs is possible despite the 80% chance - you can get zero prizes, or you can get all prizes, or you can get any combination in between. The difference is that each outcome differs in how likely it is to occur. Because of the amount of variety that is possible with the probability, you most likely will not get exactly 80% success with such a small number of attempts. If you were to open an infinite number of eggs, however, you would be expected to even out at an 80% success rate.

So Hibiscus - you were just a bit more unlucky with your eggs the first day and not the second. The probability of getting 8 prizes out of 12 eggs is about .1329 which is not unusual at all.

I, on the other hand, have gotten 4 prizes out of 8 eggs, the probability of which is .0459 which is unusual, so I have been more unlucky than most.

View Post Originally Posted by cplover5689
This would probably not be considered unusual. The probability of getting 23 prizes out of 25 eggs is .0708 which is more likely than my getting only 4 prizes out of 8 eggs.

View Post Originally Posted by poochie10
i only have a few accounts and i missed some eggs, but in total i got 14 eggs and non were duds. i hope my luck continues
and i think the 80% chance is different with different ppeople
The chance is the same no matter who you are or how you open your eggs. It's possible to get any combination of successes, but sometimes the odds work more in one's favor than other times. (And just while I'm at it, the probability of receiving all 14 prizes out of 14 eggs is .0440 which is the most unusual outcome of the bunch here so you have been quite lucky )
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #364
Webkinz :)

jillpfrn is a name known to alljillpfrn is a name known to alljillpfrn is a name known to all

We have only one account but have purchased four baskets in the E- Store. Our success rate has been about 70% which isn't too bad. We have been fortunate to get at least one of all the prizes except for the water wheel. I'm sure it is rare, but everyone has the same chance to get it. I don't plan on buying anymore baskets , but maybe one of my free eggs will be a water wheel!
jillpfrn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #365
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Wow thats a lot of math! I have opened 19 eggs, gotten one dud. My friend has opened 16 with 3 duds. Please don't ask me how that calculates.
I don't know what the rhyme or reason is to this but my DD opened 12 so far and got 3 prizes, all 3 were the eggs in the carton. She is very disappointed esp. after spending hours trying to get the extra one on WKN. I really do love that Ganz is doing so much lately but I wish that all the eggs had a prize in them even if I was a piece of candy for the webbies.
slbradshaw is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #366
onderful

bubble3495 is a glorious beacon of lightbubble3495 is a glorious beacon of lightbubble3495 is a glorious beacon of light

Whoooo! look what I got! Out of my 4 eggs 2 were duds

Click the image to open in full size.
bubble3495 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #367
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

I'm also averaging 67% "good" eggs... we get at least 2 duds every day; sometimes more. good thing we have 3 accts.

I got the waterfall but only 1 jacket and 2 hats.

Baskets and wind spinners are abundant. I'm happy with all of the prizes and not complaining at all but would love a couple more jackets for my male bunnies.

View Post Originally Posted by slbradshaw
I don't know what the rhyme or reason is to this but my DD opened 12 so far and got 3 prizes, all 3 were the eggs in the carton. She is very disappointed esp. after spending hours trying to get the extra one on WKN. I really do love that Ganz is doing so much lately but I wish that all the eggs had a prize in them even if I was a piece of candy for the webbies.
Only 25% of your eggs had a prize and all were the egg carton? i hope she gets a few more ops to get some of the other things.

Last edited by VeronicaGee; 04-21-2011 at 06:41 PM..
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #368

wishforit is on a distinguished road

Did you only get 1 water wheel? We have 3 accounts also and have gotten maybe 7 jackets but no water wheel. I gave up and fianlly gave up all of our good stuff in a trade for it, I was just wondering if yuou had gotten more than one?
wishforit is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #369
I learned to do this

CLOUD DANCER is a splendid one to beholdCLOUD DANCER is a splendid one to beholdCLOUD DANCER is a splendid one to beholdCLOUD DANCER is a splendid one to behold

I have not kept track of how many eggs our 5 family account have gotten, we have been getting 3 eggs a day for each since the spring celebration started so far. We probably got about 4 duds and only two bunny hats and two water wheels. We have gotten many baskets and egg cartons as well.
CLOUD DANCER is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #370
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by wishforit
Did you only get 1 water wheel? We have 3 accounts also and have gotten maybe 7 jackets but no water wheel. I gave up and fianlly gave up all of our good stuff in a trade for it, I was just wondering if yuou had gotten more than one?
Yup, only 1 water wheel here and 3 accounts. I haven't purchased any eggs but caught all the extras (hourly & WKN).
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: