Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #341
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Default Re: Spring Celebration Eggs Arrive in Webkinz World

View Post Originally Posted by fluffy113
There is an 80% chance that you will get a prize in any of the eggs.

Well, that seems like a waist of time then!!! Thanks for the info hon!
jessicabarnhart is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #342
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by fluffy113
There is an 80% chance that you will get a prize in any of the eggs.
Oh, that explains why I didn't get a prize today.
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #343
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I wouldn't give up on the finding of them though....
Yes it is an 80% chance but yesterday I only had 3 "Dud" out of 30 eggs (10 accounts x 2 chocolate and 1 White)

Today I had only 1 Dud out of 30
I got 29 prizes today - the White ones gave me 6 of 10 of the same item

I got
1 Bunny Top Hat
6 Candy Eggs Picnic Baskets (3 of which were on the same account)
6 Celebrate Spring Tea Cups
3 Cherry Blossom Wind Spinners
2 Eggcellent Spring Glasses
3 Spring Blossom Blazers
3 Spring Celebration Eggs
2 Spring Fling Dresses
3 Toothy Bunny Masks
dawnscott1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #344
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by jessicabarnhart
Well, that seems like a waist of time then!!! Thanks for the info hon!
No problem, it may seem like a waste of time, but you shouldn't give up, I got quite a few prizes today and this goes until Sunday so you have time to get the prizes. Good luck!!
View Post Originally Posted by big2gray
Oh, that explains why I didn't get a prize today.
Haha, yeah kind of like the Jumbleberrys except with the eggs there is a greater chance. (;
fluffy113 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #345
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber

I just did inventory, and have had 69% prizes in my eggs, including the 2 batches I bought.
No water wheel, but at least one of everything else, with a total of 42 eggs / 29 prizes. Not as good as some are reporting, but hey - these are free prizes, and I like all of them. I especially am glad for the bunny ears hat since I doubt I'll ever have enough to trade for the bunny ears! I'm a happy camper! And there's still hope for the water wheel!
vanberk is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #346
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

I didn't receive an egg on my account this morning

However, my kids' three accounts received theirs, we all got one white egg from Webkinz Newz, and the free egg from today's activities, and only one dud out of the bunch!

Got a few doubles, and still no bunny ears hat or water wheel (my top two wants from the egg prizes). Keeping my fingers crossed for some different prizes tomorrow!
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #347
Webkinz :)
lisam is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
I AGREE WITH gwenda.............. the whole site is geared towards the area of the brain that stimulates a gambler or an addict............ which explains a lot of behavior with the site. and why i get so frustrated with the low variable of giving a prize. if it was a 100% return on the eggs that would not be gambling........... with the 20% fail rate it is gambling. it adds to the adrenaline level that addicts crave...................... thats why they do it........ it is the 'hook'............. thats why ive been grumbling so long about the whole way of the site the last few years............... and why im so unpopular when i say this in this forum............ but its jsut how i feel and i think this is why some of us are getting tired of this 'feeling' we get with the site. its not quite fun but not quite awful............. its a bit off and we dont quite know which way to go with this 'feeling' .............. but wehave our investment and we dont know what to do really because it should be 100% return on these eggs, especially with only one a day. when those who dont get the prize,they get angry asthey should, bnut then they cant wait until tomorrow to try again and seewhat they will get........... and its that feelingthat gamblers have and ganz knows that. its wrong to do to an adult but we are better able to make our own choices but its unconscionable to do to a child. and ww is a childrens site. or it was.

i like the easeof gettingthe prize now, which is good but each egg should give each acct a prize. i feel so bad for those who get nothing and then read of all those who get multiple great prizes because they have multiple accts. not that they should not post their winnings, it jsut is not fun when you get dud after dud................ this is supposed to be fun for every acct.........

i know most of you want to hurl tomatoes at me now, but so be it i guess. .i can duck.

im jsut saying................. these eggs should all give a prize. end of story.
Basmat = I totally agree. The way they are doing this spring egg promotion is exactly like gambling. Gee - I didn't get the water wheel, so maybe I should buy some eggs. It is bad enough experiencing that feeling as an adult, but to program that addictive feeling in children is not a good thing. You are completely right.
lisam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #348
onders never cease
Gift Guru

Puppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonder

Does anyone know if you get a egg each day (milk Chocolate ones on WW) if you don't log on; or is it only if you are able to log on each day to WW. Then of course you get the chance at two others one on WKN (the white egg) and another through out the day.
Puppet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #349

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

I agree with those who are disappointed with this event. You get an egg 1 egg and to have it be a dud does seem like a waste. I know I should appreciate the event but what harm would it be for all eggs to contain a prize...even a small one.
berribrite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #350
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
What I calculated was the probability of receiving 2 prizes after feeding 6 eggs given that the probability of receiving a prize is .8 or 80%.

I can use a binomial probability formula to calculate this probability because there is a success/fail condition (either I receive a prize or I don't), the trials are independent, and the probability of success is the same for each egg I feed (80%).

These are the probabilities of each outcome of feeding 6 different eggs:

0 prizes - .000064
1 prize -- .001536
2 prizes - .01536
3 prizes - .08192
4 prizes - .24576
5 prizes - .393216
6 prizes - .262144

This makes sense because if I have a 4 out of 5 chance of being successful, how many times do you think I could go without having a successful attempt? I am far more likely to be successful each time out of 6 than to even miss half of them.

For this reason, I wonder about the actual probability because the circumstance I had has such a low chance of occurring. If I'm just unlucky, then more attempts should bring me closer to the actual probability of 80%.

One other note - if the probability of receiving a prize is 80%, then no other tricks like logging out and back in should have any effect on success. It may seem as if it does, but the chance is probably the same no matter where you are or how you feed your eggs.
That is too much math for me! Yesterday I opened 6 eggs and got two prizes, and today I opened 6 eggs and got 6 prizes. To me, that means my rate of success is 67%. Which is way lower than the advertised "chances".
Hibiscus is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: