Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #331
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Default Re: Spring Celebration Eggs Arrive in Webkinz World

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
I would like to know if it truly is an 80% chance of receiving a prize from the eggs. So far on my accounts I have received 2 prizes out of 6 eggs, which may not seem to be too bad, but the probably of which is .01536 or about 1.54%, which is quite unusual (it should happen for less than 1 out of every 65 players).

Of course, it is completely possible that I've just been unlucky, and probably is the case. However, I will see what happens with more trials, which hopefully will even things out.

The reports seem so scattered, though, as far as wins and losses, I'm not sure what to think of the probability.
Actually, 2 out of 6 is equivalent to 1 out of 3. In other words, there is a 33% chance. I'm sorry to hear about your luck, try HITR's tip and don't feed your pets multiple eggs at a time. Feed one, log out and back in. Good luck!!!
sarahgotchi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #332
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by sarahgotchi
Actually, 2 out of 6 is equivalent to 1 out of 3. In other words, there is a 33% chance. I'm sorry to hear about your luck, try HITR's tip and don't feed your pets multiple eggs at a time. Feed one, log out and back in. Good luck!!!
What I calculated was the probability of receiving 2 prizes after feeding 6 eggs given that the probability of receiving a prize is .8 or 80%.

I can use a binomial probability formula to calculate this probability because there is a success/fail condition (either I receive a prize or I don't), the trials are independent, and the probability of success is the same for each egg I feed (80%).

These are the probabilities of each outcome of feeding 6 different eggs:

0 prizes - .000064
1 prize -- .001536
2 prizes - .01536
3 prizes - .08192
4 prizes - .24576
5 prizes - .393216
6 prizes - .262144

This makes sense because if I have a 4 out of 5 chance of being successful, how many times do you think I could go without having a successful attempt? I am far more likely to be successful each time out of 6 than to even miss half of them.

For this reason, I wonder about the actual probability because the circumstance I had has such a low chance of occurring. If I'm just unlucky, then more attempts should bring me closer to the actual probability of 80%.

One other note - if the probability of receiving a prize is 80%, then no other tricks like logging out and back in should have any effect on success. It may seem as if it does, but the chance is probably the same no matter where you are or how you feed your eggs.
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #333
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Wow thats a lot of math! I have opened 19 eggs, gotten one dud. My friend has opened 16 with 3 duds. Please don't ask me how that calculates.
Jennielou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #334
Webkinz :)
gdaughter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if anybody has any hints as to where on the page to see the white chocolate eggs in WebKinz Newz. Thanks for any help.
gdaughter1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #335
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by gdaughter1
Just wondering if anybody has any hints as to where on the page to see the white chocolate eggs in WebKinz Newz. Thanks for any help.
I just bounce around between pages; wait for it to fully load, look, then switch. It seems like there are short windows of time when I see them and then they go away again, but not for long.
Jennielou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #336
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

That what I do. I always bounce from page to page.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #337
has 60

crum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I got a cherry blossom wind spinner for eating them .
crum98 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #338
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

DD got the water wheel today. The rest of us haven't checked our eggs today yet. Still trying to get the extra egg on WKN. Think they might have pulled it again. No eggs for 40 minutes on either computer.
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #339
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Are you we supposed to get a prize with the white eggs too? After searching and searching I finally got one and fed it to my pet........ just to get nothing!! Seems like a big waist of time if no prize is awarded!!!
jessicabarnhart is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #340
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by jessicabarnhart
Are you we supposed to get a prize with the white eggs too? After searching and searching I finally got one and fed it to my pet........ just to get nothing!! Seems like a big waist of time if no prize is awarded!!!
There is an 80% chance that you will get a prize in any of the eggs.
fluffy113 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: