Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #151
suzyqlake
Webkinz :)
suzyqlake is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Some Customers Still Unable to Log On to Webkinz World

I still can't get on my site after 3 days!!!
suzyqlake is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #152
Gift Guru

kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by shellwcross
I have access to 6 accounts. One, my main one, has not worked since the maintenance FR. This morning a second got the "server error" message, but this afternoon it is working fine again. Not sure what was up this morning.

What frustrates me the most is not being able to contact someone at Ganz. I have used the form on their site, but I never get anything more than the Auto-reply. I called this morning and got a busy signal until Lunch time. By then I was so frustrated, that I cried while leaving the message and expressed my disappointments quite clearly. I called again when I was calmed down and left a second, more civil message. In this message I complained about the fact that I do not get responses to their online forms and that their phone message says to e-mail support@webkinz.com and we all know that e-mail is useless.

I really just wish I could talk to a real person and express my problem.

I know that sites experience technical difficulties, even the largest ones, so that does not bother me as much as the lack of customer service.

As I said before it is communication that I need, and I finally got it. My customer service rep explained to me that the first 5 of their servers are working properly. 6 seems to be the problem server, and they have not been able to get it back online. All servers after 6 are unable to reset dailies. So if you are unable to do your dailies, you may be on a server that comes after 6. This problem will be fixed once the server problem is fixed.

She said unfortunately they do not know when it will be back online. That it is best to check your account after 7pm EST, if it is not back up by then to wait until the next day 7pm EST and so on.
Thank you for sharing this! I'm still upset that they don't really know when the issue will be resolved. The response of 'try it later today, and if it doesn't work, try it tomorrow' seems a bit of an obvious step, doesn't it?

I'm really hoping it's resolved today, and that Ganz provides some kind of official response to the problem soon.
kellykam is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #153
Chrissie124

My cousin had the same problem and she used my computer but when i logged in it worked!!we tried 2 computers!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #154
auntiee2

auntiee2 is just really niceauntiee2 is just really nice

Just checked again to see if I could get onto the one acct. I haven't been able to access -- no luck. So sent the inevitable e-mail and am waiting to hear. The other 5 are working fine. Yipee!! Curio Shop was open , don't know when it opened though.
auntiee2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #155
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

THEY HAVE FINALLY MADE AN ANOUNCEMENT! If you go to the news on the log in page they are saying a server had a hareware problem and they hope to have it fixed by tomorrow. They also mention that the curio shop is down, but now I see there will be a rare at 9:00.
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #156
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

UPDATE: MON 03.30.09 430pm KT.

I just got off the phone with a manager at Ganz. I called and got a supervisor and then requested a manager. He is aware that I'm posting this as I told him that I was going to share this with people. He specifically said, "please do, especially if you are posting on insider".

Here's what happened:
All servers went down at 1000pm KT Fri 03.27.09. Some servers were functioning again Saturday morning. Pretty much all of the remaining servers were functioning again Sunday evening. HOWEVER--there was still one server down. (It might be a few but he said "server" so I took it to be one.)

Here's the good news....
They have been working on this issue nonstop since Fri at 10pm. The technical team has been working in alternating 12-hr shifts. (When Team A goes home, Team B comes in, and so on.) Fixing this is a top priority for them and WW Ganz will not rest until the server is back up!

Here's the bad news....
Although they HOPE to have it fixed by this evening, in reality they have no idea when it will be fixed. Why? They aren't sure WHAT exactly caused the crash. Here's an interesting fact, they did not add anything new, the crash was caused by REGULAR maintenance. You can clear your cache, try a zillion different computers, try three-hundred million different browsers, move across the country, do any number of "typical fixes", it won't matter. WW's server is DOWN. Also, We all must keep in mind that WW is a "as-is site" with no guarantee of access.
RedBear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #157
Gift Guru

kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!

RedBear - did the manager mention if they will be providing any kind of compensation to those of us that are unable to login?
kellykam is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #158
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by kellykam
RedBear - did the manager mention if they will be providing any kind of compensation to those of us that are unable to login?
well.......... not sure how you'll feel about this..... (okay, yes, i do know, you won't like it!)

the supervisor immediately said "NO!" no way, jose, too bad so sad. (okay not really that way but still.)

naturally, i didnt like THAT answer and that's why i got the manager. he reminded me that WW is an as-is site with no guarantee of access and also quoted something from the terms & conditions that goes on about that includes site being down due to server problems.
RedBear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #159
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Gmagator
THEY HAVE FINALLY MADE AN ANOUNCEMENT! If you go to the news on the log in page they are saying a server had a hareware problem and they hope to have it fixed by tomorrow. They also mention that the curio shop is down, but now I see there will be a rare at 9:00.
Thanks for this update. Arte is telling me that there will be a rare at 5pm!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #160
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

Thanks Red Bear! I hope they had back ups of all our rooms. This has been so frustrating, they also posted info on the news on the log in page.
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: