Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #141
Webkinz :)

gem-peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Some Customers Still Unable to Log On to Webkinz World

View Post Originally Posted by DeMooreHuis

Just a reminder to everyone though... that although we ALL love Webkinz - and we ALL "have to" have our "daily grind" of Webkinz (yes, I admit it - My name is "Dad" and I'm addicted to Webkinz!) ... Whew! - much better... - unfortunately there ARE glitches in technology occasionally... sometimes even through human error - yet we always have to remember #1 It is FREE and is provided to us within the following scope:
THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WEBSITE AND THE GANZ MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND.

I understand what you're saying but at the same time Webkinz is totally NOT FREE. I know it's a choice but I have spent over 300 dollars on Webkinz products in the last year (Plush, figures, charms, kinz style) needless to say if I didn't like the "the game" so much I wouldn't have spent so much money. I spent that money to enhance the play and try to reach goals -getting stuff from the woodlands or getting the charm forest tiara. So by my way of looking at it I have spent about a dollar a day to play on my account with all of it's features. So each passing day I do feel a bit ripped off.

Also Ganz wants to put the disclaimer on "as is" or "as available" but again it's legal stuff. They don't feel that way because in a couple of weeks they will want more of my money for my "webkinz membership" as they release Kinz Klips, Signatures and Caring Valley. And if these problems continue I am not pouring more hard earned money into somethng that doesn't work properly. I would be upset if my cell phone turned off for 3 days or if my cable went out for 3 days and I would expect some kind of compensation.

And while I'm aware it's "just a game" it's also a hobby, for myself and I know other here. While some people can work 10 hours a day and come home and sit infront of the tube with a beer to relax, or they will knit, or go to the gym I like to take an hour and play on Webkinz (I suppose it's important to say here I am young, kind of, and single - no husband or kiddos - yet.) So yes, it's a game, but it isn't free and it isn't a "just".
gem-peas is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #142

Luv my Webkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Still down here, I sure hope the gardens are going to be ok.
Luv my Webkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #143
SAM2KL

Angry Re: Some Customers Still Unable to Log On to Webkinz World

Please Advise on Problem with logging on to site.

3 Days down for maintenance on a weekend is not a smart idea !!
Your programmers must not have children as if they did they would have
done this maintenance on week night hours when children are sleeping.

Way to many problems lately with your site ....WHY ?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #144
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by DeMooreHuis
...out since friday...

Yeh - same boat here... have several accounts in the family - at least one of them hasn't been able to get on since friday :-/ and it's one of my kids who, yes is a bit bummed right now...

Just a reminder to everyone though... that although we ALL love Webkinz - and we ALL "have to" have our "daily grind" of Webkinz (yes, I admit it - My name is "Dad" and I'm addicted to Webkinz!) ... Whew! - much better... - unfortunately there ARE glitches in technology occasionally... sometimes even through human error - yet we always have to remember #1 It is FREE and is provided to us within the following scope:
THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WEBSITE AND THE GANZ MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND.
per "Disclaimers" section at http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/user_agreement.html
And... like I had to tell one of my young boyz who were crying the other day when the accidentally sold the Webkinz Diamond :-/ and then accidentally traded one of his best items... boy this is hard to say.... "...It's only a game"... there.. said it... what a relief! :-)

Seriously though... perhaps we could ALL use this time for some more constructive encouragement.... for example, if you have more than one account in the family ... maybe sharing a game or two with a sibling who can't get on - or maybe once it comes back up - sending a gift or few to the person(s) in your family or friends group who has been "down" for the duration. - Or as some of our household has done, taking a temporary voluntary break from Webkinz world so the others who can't get on don't get "bummed out"... Just some ideas... let's look for ways to encourage each other though... and HAVE FUN! - without "unintentionally" blasting Ganz... or anyone else... (no I'm not an employee of Ganz or subsidaries... Just a Dad... with a house full of Webkinz and kids)

ebKinz RULES
You write very well. What you have said is to help put a perspective on how important Webkinz is compared to real life. Of course, there are a lot of other things that matter more than Webkinz (your children, for example!).

As others have said, Webkinz is not a free site. You cannot get an account if you don't purchase an adoption code (by buying a plush or buying a code for a pet at the eStore or on ebay, or by some other means). Buildabearville is a free site. They acknowledge their tiny problems immediately by sending mail to your account and giving some sort of compensation (here are 100 bearbills to spend when the store is back up). They are also really quick to fix any insignificant problems (I say insignificant, because that is what they are compared to WW problems). They actually can give an explanation of exactly what the problem is and why it was encountered. They have excellent customer service. You don't need to purchace anything in order to play in Buildabearville.

Ganz is in the business of making money! They wouldn't be making so much money without WW. The plushes wouldn't sell as much. I remember when Webkinz first started and I passed up many of their plushes because I thought they were ugly (I passed up the cheeky cat!!!). I collect polar bears and I even passed up their polar bear for a cuter one made by another company! I also remember passing on their pegasus because his wings were tiny compared to another one I saw. I passed up the love puppy because he was too expensive compared to a ty Valentines puppy. Once I got into playing in WW, I purchased some of these pets which I previously passed on (not the cheeky cat, of course, that one is way too expensive!) If WW shut down, I most likely would never buy another Ganz product. That is the way many people are feeling right now. WW is shut down for them and they are very very upset.

I am not bashing what you are saying. You make some very valid points.

Ganz has used their user agreement as an exuse way too many times (by many customer service reps reciting parts of it when you don't receive the items you are supposed to with an adoption). People pay for the POTM pets in order to receive the POTM exclusives. There have been many times which I haven't received my POTM exclusives. The only time their customer service has ever gotten back to me about empty POTM loot bags is when I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. All other times, my emails (when they were excepting emails), my filled in forms (through thier main page) and my phone calls have gone unanswered. If Ganz doesn't get their act together (at least by getting better customer service), they will lose most of their revenue.

Something that really bothers me is that I have heard many WI members saying that Ganz customer service reps say WI members lie and don't believe anything WI members say. Most software companies value their users and encourage the formation of user groups. That is what WI is, the user community. Ganz uses the information on WI's front page to see what problems there are and then fix the problems. The problems that are good for us, they fix right away so we can't take advantage of them (e.g. the Halloween eStore pet being for sale recently---it was pulled quickly when WI announced it on their front page). Even though Ganz reps seem to not value WI, Ganz uses it all the time as a tool.

I value so much. Much more than I value Ganz! (and is free!!!)
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #145
ants Edward Cullens

coolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
Tried to go to customer support to have them fix the problem. New problem now...it tells me my account verification information is incorrect. I double checked it 5 times. It is not incorrect. What do I do now??????
omg, that is what they are telling me. I checked, re-checked, double checked and triple checked.
I'm at a loss also. I just hope when this "glitch" is worked out, everything will be back to "normal."
coolchic775 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #146
WWID NanRei1

Nanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Hurray for SnowCrystal!!!!!!!!! You said it. Ganz does exactly what you said. They think WI members are whiners and complainers but the truth is, that if they were doing what they should, there would be no need to express our anger and didtrust for them. Perhaps WI should not announce problems that are too our benefit on the front page anymore. I talked with someone at Ganz this morning and she said they were working on getting the servers working today. Hope she was right.
Nanasrose is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #147
Unregistered

Angry Re: Some Customers Still Unable to Log On to Webkinz World

Today is 3/30 and I just tried to log on to my account. I still can't get on, got an error message saying that they are "doing important maintenance". I haven't been able to sign on since Thursday night. I hope this gets fixed soon.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #148
kathynew

kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great
kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

I am one of the customers who is unable to logon to one of my accounts, (the other 3 are working). I have been very frustrated, thinking it was my computer. Thank you, INSIDER, for a great website that addresses our problems so we can tell if the problem is with Gantz or with us!

Kathy, mother of 8, grandmother of 20 onderful, healthy, happy ebkinz!
kathynew is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #149
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

I am another who is getting the same messages as RedBear, and not able to get in to one of my accounts. It is the account I have most recently adopted on(the butterfly). I have been able to access my other accounts...although get kicked off when I try to access the curio shop in any of the accounts...but have been unable to get on the one account all week-end.
Lizzy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #150

shellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clown

I have access to 6 accounts. One, my main one, has not worked since the maintenance FR. This morning a second got the "server error" message, but this afternoon it is working fine again. Not sure what was up this morning.

What frustrates me the most is not being able to contact someone at Ganz. I have used the form on their site, but I never get anything more than the Auto-reply. I called this morning and got a busy signal until Lunch time. By then I was so frustrated, that I cried while leaving the message and expressed my disappointments quite clearly. I called again when I was calmed down and left a second, more civil message. In this message I complained about the fact that I do not get responses to their online forms and that their phone message says to e-mail support@webkinz.com and we all know that e-mail is useless.

I really just wish I could talk to a real person and express my problem.

I know that sites experience technical difficulties, even the largest ones, so that does not bother me as much as the lack of customer service.

As I said before it is communication that I need, and I finally got it. My customer service rep explained to me that the first 5 of their servers are working properly. 6 seems to be the problem server, and they have not been able to get it back online. All servers after 6 are unable to reset dailies. So if you are unable to do your dailies, you may be on a server that comes after 6. This problem will be fixed once the server problem is fixed.

She said unfortunately they do not know when it will be back online. That it is best to check your account after 7pm EST, if it is not back up by then to wait until the next day 7pm EST and so on.

Last edited by shellwcross; 03-30-2009 at 01:56 PM..
shellwcross is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: