Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #91
Webkinz :)
 
Margo's Avatar
Margo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the rep
Margo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the repMargo invented the rep

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

The bed may have been available for 5 years, but not all of us have played for 5 years. I don't see why they can't give one week of warning. That really doesn't seem too much to ask. I have 2 bed boxes and have been trying to decide which to get as there are 5 or 6 I like best and that was one of them. I know that a lot of people here have multiples of all the beds, but not all of us have that many pets yet.
Margo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #92
ho?... Me?
Gifted
 
ArkMama's Avatar
ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

Ummm.... This thread is getting interesting. Ganz is trying to make things new and exciting available, and to do that, they must discontinue some old things.

They do not make a profit by making items rare. It is the other players that profit from that.

Besides, if someone was that interested in that bed, why did they not get it?

I guess I don't understand why some are making it such a big deal. It is a bunch of pixels. Think of the new bed they will soon be releasing. Isn't that much more exciting?

...........OR....(J/K)..... We could launch a massive boycott and not buy or use anything by Ganz until they give into our demands!
ArkMama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #93
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)
 
WebkinzFrenzy's Avatar
WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by ArkMama
Ummm.... This thread is getting interesting. Ganz is trying to make things new and exciting available, and to do that, they must discontinue some old things.

They do not make a profit by making items rare. It is the other players that profit from that.

Besides, if someone was that interested in that bed, why did they not get it?

I guess I don't understand why some are making it such a big deal. It is a bunch of pixels. Think of the new bed they will soon be releasing. Isn't that much more exciting?

...........OR....(J/K)..... We could launch a massive boycott and not buy or use anything by Ganz until they give into our demands!
I think that you missed the whole point. I have 398 pets on my main account and have been on WW for nearly 5 years. Not everyone else has. What the others were saying was

A. Not everyone has dozens of superbeds, some people, hard to believe, but some people have none or just one. B. Some people have been on Webkinz World a day, a week, a month, even a year, not 5 years.

So some people had no opportunity to get this bed, because they didn't have enough pets or they didn't have enough time or both. It is a big deal when you pay for something and then it is changed or altered on a whim without notice. You have no idea how many people were prodding along buying 1 pet a month or every week or bimonthly, etc. clicking off the time excitedly waiting for when they could get that great dragon bed

. Ganz quite often acts like they are trying to build their users into, well, users. That desire to leave people constantly uncertain about what will happen, wondering if their other favorite item will disappear, or what exclusive might just blink out tomorrow with no warning, well, that is how you build an unhealthy, unstable pattern of dependence and addiction. I sincerely doubt that they DON'T know that. I would guarantee that they do know.

It is not about making things fresh and changing it up for the kids, because anyone with kids knows you don't just take away a whole handful of their toys and never explain where they went and never warn them that you are going to do it. There is no excuse for the way they do it, other than they are trying to create an air of uncertainty and oh yes they DO profit from that, they are the only ones that profit, when someone runs out this week and buys 10 more pets to get those 2 superbeds they were waiting on, just in case Ganz takes them next, well, that is Ganz profiting.

I constantly see people on here, even I will make the comment, that if you want something from Ganz, a pet, an exclusive, a rare, buy it as soon as you see it because Ganz can retire it any time. That is what they are counting on, our uncertainty leading us to mass purchase because they might take whatever it is away at any second. Hence the reason they have a pet in the estore only once or twice a month, and how they trump it up as "this week-end only".

There is nothing inappropriate with the complaints thus far, the people are annoyed that we spend all the money and Ganz acts like our opinions as consumers are unimportant. No other paid site would act that way. If they did this on Sonys Free Realms site or Build a Bear and people called in, they would return the item, because the consumers pay to be there, regardless of who writes the code, our money pays for Webkinz, Ganz should keep that in mind more often. That is what the people were voicing, nothing wrong with being disappointed and honest about it. And if it was just pixels, then why is there dozens of sites devoted to discussing it? Why did you join here to talk about it? I mean, geez, who wastes time chatting about some pixels that don't even matter?
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:25 AM   #94
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)
 
BASMAT's Avatar
BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
I think that you missed the whole point. I have 398 pets on my main account and have been on WW for nearly 5 years. Not everyone else has. What the others were saying was

A. Not everyone has dozens of superbeds, some people, hard to believe, but some people have none or just one. B. Some people have been on Webkinz World a day, a week, a month, even a year, not 5 years.

So some people had no opportunity to get this bed, because they didn't have enough pets or they didn't have enough time or both. It is a big deal when you pay for something and then it is changed or altered on a whim without notice. You have no idea how many people were prodding along buying 1 pet a month or every week or bimonthly, etc. clicking off the time excitedly waiting for when they could get that great dragon bed

. Ganz quite often acts like they are trying to build their users into, well, users. That desire to leave people constantly uncertain about what will happen, wondering if their other favorite item will disappear, or what exclusive might just blink out tomorrow with no warning, well, that is how you build an unhealthy, unstable pattern of dependence and addiction. I sincerely doubt that they DON'T know that. I would guarantee that they do know.

It is not about making things fresh and changing it up for the kids, because anyone with kids knows you don't just take away a whole handful of their toys and never explain where they went and never warn them that you are going to do it. There is no excuse for the way they do it, other than they are trying to create an air of uncertainty and oh yes they DO profit from that, they are the only ones that profit, when someone runs out this week and buys 10 more pets to get those 2 superbeds they were waiting on, just in case Ganz takes them next, well, that is Ganz profiting.

I constantly see people on here, even I will make the comment, that if you want something from Ganz, a pet, an exclusive, a rare, buy it as soon as you see it because Ganz can retire it any time. That is what they are counting on, our uncertainty leading us to mass purchase because they might take whatever it is away at any second. Hence the reason they have a pet in the estore only once or twice a month, and how they trump it up as "this week-end only".

There is nothing inappropriate with the complaints thus far, the people are annoyed that we spend all the money and Ganz acts like our opinions as consumers are unimportant. No other paid site would act that way. If they did this on Sonys Free Realms site or Build a Bear and people called in, they would return the item, because the consumers pay to be there, regardless of who writes the code, our money pays for Webkinz, Ganz should keep that in mind more often. That is what the people were voicing, nothing wrong with being disappointed and honest about it. And if it was just pixels, then why is there dozens of sites devoted to discussing it? Why did you join here to talk about it? I mean, geez, who wastes time chatting about some pixels that don't even matter?
YEAH WHAT SHE SAID.................. in the way i could not say any better..............

and if it is only pixels then why take away those pixels anyway, they have the room, my gosh the site is riddled with animated ads and such................ why take anything away except to make us run out and buy things so we can get items we enjoy before they are yanked without notice? if they had manners and respect for the customer they would give fair notice, not some vague warning given a few months ago............ or weeks ago. many of us dont have a lot of time to play ww so our fun piles up as we have to earn kc or adopt or whatever, so its pretty narrow minded to think all of us put in the same amount of time in the same way...........with the same amount of money or availability of money. super beds need to be hands off by ganz.......... even the retiring exclusives should not be so the way it is, the curio shop needs to be rare items only and exclusives only. that is where they need to go when they are retired so all can have a chance at having them . its only fair. i dont like this 'being-in-a-casino' feeling i have playing webkinz anymore................ its completely ruining it. kudos to any of you who thrive on that but i hate it. and im allowed to hate it jsut like you all are allowed to love it.............
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #95
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
I.....
. Ganz quite often acts like they are trying to build their users into, well, users. That desire to leave people constantly uncertain about what will happen, wondering if their other favorite item will disappear, or what exclusive might just blink out tomorrow with no warning, well, that is how you build an unhealthy, unstable pattern of dependence and addiction. I sincerely doubt that they DON'T know that. I would guarantee that they do know.

.....
View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
YEAH WHAT SHE SAID.................. in the way i could not say any better..............

...... i dont like this 'being-in-a-casino' feeling i have playing webkinz anymore................ its completely ruining it. kudos to any of you who thrive on that but i hate it. and im allowed to hate it jsut like you all are allowed to love it.............
I picked out a piece of WebkinzFrenzy's and a piece of BASMAT's quotes. I have to say that I agree with them. It might have been on a subconscious level up until recently, but ever since they took away the dragon superbed, I keep telling my husband that I would not do very well [mentally] in Vegas. So there has to be some (and a lot of) truth to what is happening.

To Ganz:
If you are reading this, you should know that because of this feeling, I have been spending less on your product and am even thinking about quitting Webkinz entirely (my husband just gave me a thumbs up). Frustration is not my strong suit. This is not entirely an issue over just the superbed retirement. It is an issue over the way things have been going lately, starting with drastically reducing the time limit for the new Mover Job (I can't remember the complete name of the job, because I haven't done it in such a long time). I don't thrive on failure. I have also stopped doing the agility and weight lifting classes because they are impossible to do on my fast computer and you took away the tutoring option. Even though you said you would look into changing the classes to make them easier, it took you 2 years to get the running competitions going after you stated they were coming soon! I don't think I can stick it out 2 years.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #96
ho?... Me?
Gifted
 
ArkMama's Avatar
ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

I like what you said about Ganz and users . Don't actually believe it, but I like the comparison.

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
Ganz quite often acts like they are trying to build their users into, well, users. That desire to leave people constantly uncertain about what will happen, wondering if their other favorite item will disappear, or what exclusive might just blink out tomorrow with no warning, well, that is how you build an unhealthy, unstable pattern of dependence and addiction. I sincerely doubt that they DON'T know that. I would guarantee that they do know.

That is what the people were voicing, nothing wrong with being disappointed and honest about it. And if it was just pixels, then why is there dozens of sites devoted to discussing it? Why did you join here to talk about it? I mean, geez, who wastes time chatting about some pixels that don't even matter?
And I lol'd about voicing opinions! It was the irony that I, too, was voicing an opinion.... And I feel "attacked" for doing so, especially in the last 3 sentences (though I do believe you were only trying to get me to see your point). See the funny? We are the same!

Thank you for trying to explain why it is a big deal to some in retiring a super bed.
ArkMama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #97
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)
 
WebkinzFrenzy's Avatar
WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by ArkMama
I like what you said about Ganz and users . Don't actually believe it, but I like the comparison.



And I lol'd about voicing opinions! It was the irony that I, too, was voicing an opinion.... And I feel "attacked" for doing so, especially in the last 3 sentences (though I do believe you were only trying to get me to see your point). See the funny? We are the same!

Thank you for trying to explain why it is a big deal to some in retiring a super bed.
You are welcome, and I certainly did not mean for you to feel attacked or singled out. I was just trying to make a point. Webkinz does mean a lot more than just pixels to all of us here, or well, we wouldn't be here. Because it means enough to all of us to join a site just to discuss the Webkinz site, well, it makes it even harsher the way they play with people's emotions. These people really enjoy the Webkinz site, they like their little virtual pixel pets a lot, and they will continue liking them a lot if Ganz does not keep abusing their power. Eventually people will stop going and stop buying if they feel punished or abused by Ganz. I don't want to see that happen, we like playing on Webkinz, making us feel bad for any reason is bad for business for Ganz and will turn the customers bitter and send them marching to a hobby that just makes them feel good, no bitterness and feelings of being manipulated.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #98
Rarely on here
Webkinz :)
 
animalsrock!34's Avatar
animalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

I better hang on to mine...
animalsrock!34 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #99
Webkinz :)
 
pagehanna's Avatar
pagehanna knows the way
pagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the way

Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

Excellent post WebkinzFrenzy. I know quite a few adults use WW and post on WI. I'm sure we all know -- or should know -- that Ganz is simply a business. It's a big business making big money and we supply the money. We should always be treated as valuable customers since we are indeed "valuable" to Ganz.
pagehanna is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #100
virtualpawprints
Gifted
 
virtualpawprint's Avatar
virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Sleeping Dragon Bed No Longer a Super Bed Option *UPDATE*

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see the new bed!!!
virtualpawprint is offline Female Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts