Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #51
bflyangel
Gift Guru

bflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roost

Default Re: Skater Kat Skateboard Replica Coming to Webkinz eStore

I will be standing in line with Exoteric to get this on the weekend! I have it in my calender to check just after midnight on friday

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
I personally don't see what the replica {NOT tradeable} has to do with the other {which IS tradeable} -- the values are supposed to be for Exchange {trade} values but if you can't trade for it how does that one have any value and/or the other one lose value {or much}? You can't trade for a code, it stays on the account it was put in to.
This is my question as well. I just don't get how this will effect trading of the item. Let's think realistically about it for a minute and ask a few questions...

1. How many current traders were around at the time to win the skateboard or get other rares? I would be interested in knowing a percentage. I would guessimate around 1/4 of the the current players were online then.

2. How many of these long time players are actually trading the skateboard? I haven't seen a GE with them on it, which doesn't mean much because they could be offering them privately.

I guess the fact is that MANY MANY players can never dream of 'trading up' enough to get these items. So those that are lucky enough to be able to purchase them for their own accounts are similar to those who are lucky enough to have been on WW at the time these were available.
bflyangel is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #52
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Nels1M
This is bad business on the part of Ganz and I hope this spells trouble for them in the future. It will serve them right for their greed. Example, if I want a tea cart, I have to for example buy three new pet items and trade the new pet items to get one good retired item (hey that has been my experience anyway. In effect Ganz gets me to spend about $45 because I want a tea cart. Do you know many "tea cart like" items it takes to get something like the skateboard? A lot! Even if I assume 6 of them (you know trade for valuable things like Wacky jeans and then trade up again) that means the money I would have spent to get one is about $250 worth of Webkinz products. Now...let's assume $6 and I am done.

Bad, just bad business. They have no idea how much revenue they will now lose. In fact, knowing that everyone has and can get the skateboard, in other words it is no longer special, I don't think I will even spend the $6.

So, from $250 or so that they might have gotten out of my pocket pursuing the "special" item, now they probably get...$0. Way to go you geniuses! You had such a good thing going.
I agree - I think that the eStore might be Ganz's downfalling - especially with our current economy. People are not going to want to spend that money on something that is not tangible (for the younger ones, tangible means something you can hold, i.e. the plushies), and now there's this.

Ganz needs to keep some things special and where those who have it can appreciate it and those who want to trade can save up for it. Next thing you know, we'll find out that one can just buy the charm forest tiara (1,250 KC value - and no I didn't trade mine ), and the Crown of Wonder (2,500 KC value - and again, no trade). What's the fun in earning one then - took me about 6 months to get the tornado charm to win my tiara, and I was tickled when I finally did.

(BTW, I'm personally against the e-store for some opinions that I can't say as well as I feel that if I spend money on fun stuff I should have something tangible, but do respect those who can and do purchase items there. )
Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #53
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
I'm not crying over this for those who over traded for it...that's all part of the trading game.
I'm stoked to get it...we started webkinz a week before the game retired...had we know I would have played a week straight to win the trophy...but hindsight is 50/50...I'm first in line to buy the board!!
I'm with you, my friend. I will be logging in at 12:01 to get one for each of the kids and myself. I traded HUGE for my red lava, elephant statue and blue dragster so I see both sides of the argument.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #54
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

You know, I can see if you were an avid collector, but this little 'trinket' really doesn't tickle my fancy. I don't know if I would have kept it if I won it...to be honest. I am not as 'hyped' about it as some of you are. BUT if you all are thrilled and you get it...I am THRILLED for you
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #55

stellaoncolumns has a spectacular aura about

I don't like that you can not sell (to the w-shop) trade or gift (kinz post) an item that you buy in the estore. what if you don't want an item anymore...you basically cant get rid of it.
stellaoncolumns is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #56

Aunt Tissi has disabled reputation

I have to agree with some of the above comments. Offering retired items in the Estore ruins the whole concept for me. They were "special" (although I dont have one), but by putting them in the estore, the item is no longer special at all. ....and frankly has no value to me. If you can't trade it, can't show to others you worked hard for it, then it becomes worthless to me.

The estore is ok, although there prices are ridiculous for a "virtual" anything - but the items in the e-store should not be something that has been offered in the past, they should be new and different items. The fun of the trading room is trading up and seeing what cool things you can get - be they new or retired. What fun is it, if an item is readily available to anyone?

Just my though on it - as much as I would have liked the original, I won't be buying this one.
Aunt Tissi is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: