Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #41
Gift Guru

californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Skater Kat Skateboard Replica Coming to Webkinz eStore

I cant decided whether or not Im happy about this!
Im not buying anytihng Estore (I am not able to), but I wonder whether or not the people who trade 10000 items for a Skateboard, etc., will get lost in the shuffle with people who just bought the Estore version. Hmm. Maybe someone will have both and show us all the comparison

---------- californiax24 added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by NightB4Xmas
I really don't like this one bit. I do not believe it is fair to the people who legitimately won the trophy and for those that traded away so much in order to obtain one. I think if Ganz at all anticipated this, they should have mentioned this the first day that the e-store opened (that retired items were fair game to be replicated)! And, as far as the values go... who knows!!! How on earth can items appreciate after they retired when there is a likelihood that they will appear in the e-store? You can't, things cannot really appreciate in kc value. Granted, there are some people who cannot make purchases from the e-store which might mean something in all of this... To me it is just another unfair aspect of this whole situation. I'm so disgruntled!!!!
I agree 100%!

Last edited by californiax24; 03-01-2009 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
californiax24 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #42
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

I need to start writing all of these things on my calendar! But if I did that I would be broke QUICK!! Ahhhh To be able to get one of each thing. I LOVE Webkinz!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #43
Webkinz :)
Nels1M will become famous soon enough

This is bad business on the part of Ganz and I hope this spells trouble for them in the future. It will serve them right for their greed. Example, if I want a tea cart, I have to for example buy three new pet items and trade the new pet items to get one good retired item (hey that has been my experience anyway. In effect Ganz gets me to spend about $45 because I want a tea cart. Do you know many "tea cart like" items it takes to get something like the skateboard? A lot! Even if I assume 6 of them (you know trade for valuable things like Wacky jeans and then trade up again) that means the money I would have spent to get one is about $250 worth of Webkinz products. Now...let's assume $6 and I am done.

Bad, just bad business. They have no idea how much revenue they will now lose. In fact, knowing that everyone has and can get the skateboard, in other words it is no longer special, I don't think I will even spend the $6.

So, from $250 or so that they might have gotten out of my pocket pursuing the "special" item, now they probably get...$0. Way to go you geniuses! You had such a good thing going.
Nels1M is offline Male
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #44
Webbiekinz1
Gift Guru
Webbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to behold

I want to know how soon before the Elephant statue, blue dragster and others are "replicated" and how much this will all affect values
Old 03-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #45

mayflower64 is on a distinguished road

everyone who has it will be offering it to everyone and ask for like huge items but no one will ever trade for them cause they can just buy them for like sick dollars each! i would trade them for the red lava since that is like the only one that we don't know is going to the estore
mayflower64 is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #46
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

Lightbulb Re: Skater Kat Skateboard Replica Coming to Webkinz eStore

What's next? Bunny ears, deer antlers, Lava Lamps, the rest of the price less stuff?
JulieBear01 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 02:59 AM   #47
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I'm not crying over this for those who over traded for it...that's all part of the trading game.
I'm stoked to get it...we started webkinz a week before the game retired...had we know I would have played a week straight to win the trophy...but hindsight is 50/50...I'm first in line to buy the board!!
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #48
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I personally don't see what the replica {NOT tradeable} has to do with the other {which IS tradeable} -- the values are supposed to be for Exchange {trade} values but if you can't trade for it how does that one have any value and/or the other one lose value {or much}? You can't trade for a code, it stays on the account it was put in to.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #49
Gifted

JustineSade will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by NightB4Xmas
I really don't like this one bit. I do not believe it is fair to the people who legitimately won the trophy and for those that traded away so much in order to obtain one. I think if Ganz at all anticipated this, they should have mentioned this the first day that the e-store opened (that retired items were fair game to be replicated)! And, as far as the values go... who knows!!! How on earth can items appreciate after they retired when there is a likelihood that they will appear in the e-store? You can't, things cannot really appreciate in kc value. Granted, there are some people who cannot make purchases from the e-store which might mean something in all of this... To me it is just another unfair aspect of this whole situation. I'm so disgruntled!!!!

I understand the excitement of people who really want these items and have been unable to get them. They will finally be able to have them in their rooms! I am glad for them.

But for me, I am very disappointed. 98% of the fun of webkinz for me was figuring out how to get priceless items, and being proud when I had them because they were so hard to obtain and everyone didn't have them. Now this changes everything.

Oh well. I guess I will just wait and see what happens, but how can we trade now. Is my priceless item going to stay priceless? Now it seems as much a gamble as the stock market. Who knows?
JustineSade is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #50
Areyel
Gift Guru

Areyel is just really niceAreyel is just really nice

Actually, the value should not change at all for the regular trophies. People will have one day to buy a replica. THey will own it, but not be able to trade it. For everyone else who misses this one day, or starts after the 7th, they still will have only the same amount of tradeable trophies out there. (Demand will decrease for a little bit, but supply will stay the same)

As long as Ganz does not continue to sell these replicas over a long period of time, In the long run the value should be the same.
Areyel is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: