Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #71
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

Default Re: Protect Your Webkinz Account, Never Share Your Password

It has all been said in the posts, but it is good to repeat.

If YOU call Ganz with a known good number and they ask for your password and/or secret code you can give it to them, they are simply trying to verify you are who you say you are. Otherwise, never give out your password or secret code to anyone or you risk losing everything.

If someone calls you or contacts you claiming to be from Ganz and they need to password to validate your account or give you a prize or what ever, ignore them . If you believe they are legit, tell them you will contact Ganz yourself and get things straightened out. Then call Ganz and report them.

Never give your secret codes to anyone either. If someone does somehow get your password, or you forget it, you can use the secret code to get a new one. If someone else has a secret code to your account, then you can have a tug-o-war situation that will cause a great deal of headache and grief.

No matter how well you think you know someone or how great the prize, it is always a risk to give away information. It is better to be safe.
FBmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #72

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

Great reminder FIA.
tarabella9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #73
lugwee has disabled reputation

good advice it is scary to know someone can and would hack us!!

I put a profile picture up, did it work?
lugwee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #74
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Great advice! I gave my password to a very trusted and close friend so that when I was gone she could do my dailies, but she didn't take advantage of it. I wouldn't ever give my password to anyone else though.

Once however, when I was younger, a friend that wasn't as close to me tried to get my password and promised that she wouldn't go on my account. I stupidly gave it to her but made a mistake when writing it down and she later got angry at me because when she tried to put in in, it didn't work. Our friendship deteriorated from there as she had promised not to enter my account in the first place, but I did learn not to give away my password to those that asked for it.

Last edited by labradorian; 10-17-2011 at 04:16 PM..
labradorian is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #75
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Great advice, but it's not just strangers and scammers to be wary of. I remember reading many years ago on WI that someone's daughter had given the password out to a "friend". When her mom got on her case about never giving your password to anyone, the daughter said, "She's not anyone, she's my friend." Well...daughter lost a lot of valuable things on her account. Some parents actually don't allow their children to know their password - they just type it in when the child wants to sign on.

So parents, talk to your kids about this, and frankly if your child is under the age of 7, it's probably best to log in for him/her. Sadly friends are not always "friends".
Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #76

karla14 is a jewel in the roughkarla14 is a jewel in the rough

when i first got my account i gave my friend my info and she ended up taking my items so it isn't just strangers but friends too.
karla14 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #77
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted

cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Kippyling
I think that Ganz should also make it a policy then to not ask for the password on the account as well. I had a problem with my account a couple of weeks ago and when I called Ganz, they asked for my password. I gave it to them and immediately changed it, but that did not make me feel comfortable at all. I questioned the person and they told me they had to have it. I really did not believe that, but ended up giving it to them anyway. What do you do????
um just a note but i have called ganz like a gazillion times about all sorts of stuff and never have they asked me for my password. Just saying that seems weird
cheree31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #78
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

My experience has been the same as yours - they have asked me for the name and birth date associated with the account, but they have never asked for my password. Lately they have not even asked for a code for a registered pet.
Jrock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #79
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by Kippyling
I think that Ganz should also make it a policy then to not ask for the password on the account as well. I had a problem with my account a couple of weeks ago and when I called Ganz, they asked for my password. I gave it to them and immediately changed it, but that did not make me feel comfortable at all. I questioned the person and they told me they had to have it. I really did not believe that, but ended up giving it to them anyway. What do you do????
I know they do not HAVE to have it...maybe only for certain types of actions?? (b/c sometimes when I call they do ask for my password and sometimes they don't)
View Post Originally Posted by FIA
They post their scam anywhere they think Webkinz players will see it. This week their target is members of WI. We have been deleting their posts and banning their accounts, so odds are that you will never see it here, but we want you to be safe as you travel around the internet. Also, hopefully by posting this on the front page they'll decided WI members are a bad target and they'll leave us alone.
Thanks so much for all you do and for protecting us!!!
View Post Originally Posted by violetj
When I called Ganz for help with the microphone issue, all she asked for was my username, nothing else. But I have called a long long time ago and they asked for my password then. I think they can do stuff without it, but maybe there are some things they have to do that require it? Never had any problems with doing that, but yeah, you never know!

Yeah, I used to try to trade in the forums, but that is a hot mess! I would post a thread, people would jump in and trade with each other, not with me. Then I have seen many people trading items that are not fair trades at all, and a lot of them are adults that know better! The kids seem to like the clothing items, and so I've seen rare/exclusive items trades for nafaria slippers! So crazy, especially since Ganz knows all the problems the trading room on ww used to have!
I agree w/you completely on both points!
View Post Originally Posted by cheree31
um just a note but i have called ganz like a gazillion times about all sorts of stuff and never have they asked me for my password. Just saying that seems weird
I agree - but it has happened to me both ways - sometimes they ask, sometimes they do not...why? maybe only for certain types of actions?
View Post Originally Posted by Jrock
My experience has been the same as yours - they have asked me for the name and birth date associated with the account, but they have never asked for my password. Lately they have not even asked for a code for a registered pet.
My most recent call was no request for password or code...just user name and my first name...
Lolith is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #80
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

very good reminder WI!!!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
alley&ali ♥, be safe!!, i have a dream ♥, ifitsounds2good2btru, keep it secret!, stay safe, staywayfromscammers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: