Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #51
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

SammyS is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Protect Your Webkinz Account, Never Share Your Password

I've had Ganz employees ask me for my password when calling about a problem with my account! Are they allowed to do that?
SammyS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #52
mkmaa00

DancinDog has disabled reputation

Great advice! When I was younger, I gave someone my username/password because they promised more KC and new exclusives and such. Good thing he never went on my account...
View Post Originally Posted by wikylo
thanks for the reminder.

I saw the tinkerpup picture and I was hoping there was some free way to obtain a tinkerpup.....maybe another day. lol
Same here. I was like "YIPPEE! " XD

Quote:
I've had Ganz employees ask me for my password when calling about a problem with my account! Are they allowed to do that?
Yes, I'm almost positive.

Last edited by DancinDog; 10-16-2011 at 07:10 PM..
DancinDog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #53
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by SammyS
Yes they are allowed to do that.............HOWEVER, they only do this when YOU call THEM about something. Never ever believe someone who is claiming to be a Ganz employee, either in the clubhouse, on a fansite, even on the Webkinz news site. They do not communicate with their customers this way so it's better to be safe than sorry and if you think an employee is trying to communicate with you and/or steal passwords and info then stop everything and call them using the well known customer service number.
Robmomm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #54
Team GATOR!
Gifted

Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!

Thanks for the warning.. sad that it needs to be said though!
Babygator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #55
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

Thanks, FIA, for this important reminder. It is unfortunate that this kind of thing can and does happen, so it is good to be informed. Also, it does not have to be a stranger asking; it can be a someone who you consider a friend. If a friend wants to play on your account, YOU sign in and enter your password and THEN let them play, or better yet, get them their own Webkinz as a gift so you can play online together. Remember, too, that the real-world buying or selling of WW (virtual) items is not allowed by Ganz so it's best to stick to trading in the Clubhouse or with known friends or in the WI Gift Exchange.
Nereid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #56
ebkinz. EX-cellent!

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Great reminder FIA! Especially since Ganz has made it clear that they will not help you out at all if you give out your info to others. When it comes to the internet, BE CAREFUL!!
Trust me. It's not just Ganz/Webkinz World. These days, it's most companies. It's one thing if they got to your info by hacking into their systems, but if they know/can prove that the other party got your info directly from you, likelihood is they're not going to lift a pinky to help with it (unless you luck out and are dealing with a really nice company or customer agent).

And, as far a playing (or doing much of anything) on the internet goes, you can't be ignorant about the rules of any particular site you're on. If you read their Privacy Statements, there's a couple faves a lot of sites like to use.

(minus the legalese)

1. Essentially says, we're only providing a service/play area for you guys, if you decide to go around giving any of your passwords/codes to other people, we will not be held responsible for anything these other people do. (Meaning they're not required to be helpful in any way, shape or form if whatever bad happened occurred thru you giving other people your passcodes.)

2. Really think about what you're posting 'cause a lot of them have the phrasing saying that they can do anything they want with anything you "say" and don't need to ask permission to use it 'cause you freely put it up on a site THEY OWN.

So, never EVER put any important and/or personal info on a website unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. Ummm,....that is, unless you don't MIND people knowing.

Pls note that it's pretty much anything you put on the internet STAYS on the internet these days. Kinda paranoid of me, but if someone doesn't like you and really wants to do some damage, they can and will dig into the depths of the 'net to find anything you said and even if it was something meant to be harmless at the time (even something said years ago) and can be turned to THEIR advantage, they will.
serendipitydoda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #57
☣Retired☣ TTNB!;0

KINGBRANFLAKES is a splendid one to beholdKINGBRANFLAKES is a splendid one to beholdKINGBRANFLAKES is a splendid one to beholdKINGBRANFLAKES is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by KINGBRANFLAKES
I want to add to that by saying to never give your secret code to anyone either. They can change your password and know what your username is too(not telling how). Unless you have a code with you, you can always change your password back but there will be some kind of “tug of war” with that. I don't know if there's some sort of way to cancel that code from accesing your account, but I'd do that.
Just wanted to remind about secret codes again.
KINGBRANFLAKES is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #58
Love Webkinz! Proud

Little99Little is just really niceLittle99Little is just really nice

Smile Re: Protect Your Webkinz Account, Never Share Your Password

Hello!

Well, first of all thanks for the info FIA! I totally agree to not give your password to strangers !

Well, but BFF's are another thing.Before my BFF had her account I shared mine with her, yeah maybe she bought a lot of things ( even a whole room theme! But I wanted that one so no worries ) but she sometimes repaid that money . I also share my account with my cousins, yeah maybe one of them spent my tokens but that was one of the risks one has when sharing accounts.Plus my BFF is 100% trustful, and so are my cousins. One advantage of sharing accounts WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW AND HAS YOUR TRUST 100% ( DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH STRANGERS!) is that you get more chances of getting prizes . Do NOT learn from me cuz I share my accounts with all my COUSINS which have my 100% trust !

Good reminder FIA

~Little
Little99Little is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #59
ebkinz. EX-cellent!

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
That is so true. If someone actually wanted to help you get more items, or double your kinzcash, wouldn't they just tell you? Giving away your password risks you logging on and finding every single item that's send-able gone, and all of your money spent on things you didn't want.
Far as this one goes, I agree. I don't need the kinzcash, but if someone really wanted to give me any nice items, they could just as well set up a time to meet in the trading room and trade the item over to me for some minor food items. I see no reason to give anyone passcodes to my account for that.
serendipitydoda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #60
slcoon

slcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to all

I trust my friends I know in real life more than a stranger.
slcoon is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
alley&ali ♥, be safe!!, i have a dream ♥, ifitsounds2good2btru, keep it secret!, stay safe, staywayfromscammers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: