Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #41
Ladygracie
Webkinz :)

01ladybug is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: It is not Ganz'z fault, it is ours

I have lost many rooms and wekins also and can not get into my account now. this happened Sunday after adoption of my lil webkinz. Can you help???? Please
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #42
Alannax0

i have 6 items. its only copounds becuse i have nowhere to put them
Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #43
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by little6
It is our fault! We did not empty our docks to 100 items! That is the reason for all of these glitches.........IT IS OUR FAULT!!!
That is a ridiculous accusation to make! our docks were too full so a server crashed? no, maybe you could blame people with multiple accounts or the flood of new accounts after christmas, but certainly not the item issue by itself. Yes 500 items is excessive but 112? not a big deal. I had around 70-90 in my dock all the time up until this fiasco and now every item i get cant go anywhere but in the 5 rooms that didnt dissappear or onto/into my webkinz. Plus it is so much easier to blame someone else for your problems, and since ganz never warned us of such consequence prior to this, we cant be expected to take any of the blame.

My take is they neglected to take into account the flood of new adoptions they'd get after the holidays...and even if that isn't the case and there was no big increase in adoptions, if I were ganz i'd have expected a bunch of new webkinz and set up a backup system for it, so that whether it happened or not we'd have been prepared.
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #44

joymcg is an unknown quantity at this point

Are the 3rd party stuff really worth keeping so many of?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #45
TRADES ON WI ONLY
Gift Guru

little6 is a jewel in the roughlittle6 is a jewel in the rough

I'm not saying it is the cause for all glitches. It is just the cause for some glitches
Old 01-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #46
lollipoptree is an unknown quantity at this point

nope mine is never over 100 unless its right after a harvest. then it goes back under.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #47
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by 01ladybug
I have lost many rooms and wekins also and can not get into my account now. this happened Sunday after adoption of my lil webkinz. Can you help???? Please
did you get blocked from your rooms, or your account entirely? if it is just your rooms you cant get into you can pm me and i will tell you a way you may be able to do it.
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #48
TRADES ON WI ONLY
Gift Guru

little6 is a jewel in the roughlittle6 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by momma501
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Ganz's inability to keep the site up and running is 100% their fault - not ours. The dock limit of 100 is a guide for users because whenever you go from room to room, the system has to reload everything in your dock which can be time consuming and cause slower service to that particular user. This also goes along with the idea of not having our rooms overloaded with items... ie: full 100 item gardens.

Ganz owns this issue fully themselves. They knew the amounts of Webkinz that their retailers were ordering and what they were shipping out. They knew their product was increasing in popularity - being featured on news and in magazines. They saw the issues around Easter last year with the spike in traffic and should have been able to foresee these issues at Christmas. IMHO, Ganz chose to make expanding their website their top priority, instead of ensuring that it could handle the increased traffic and addressing known system issues.

I'm not hating on Ganz here and I'm not complaining. But as a consumer, I will not accept fault for these issues. We, the users, did not break this system by purchasing too many Webkinz or not emptying our docks. That would be like saying, for example, the cable TV goes out and that it's the viewers faults because they were all watching at the same time. Doesn't work that way.
But if your TV goes out, it is partly their fault for not have good cable
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #49
Likes Art
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by riblet
On the account that I can't access rooms, it won't even let me log on. Yet on my other account, I am on and accessing everything just fine. Does that still mean it could be a server? Seems like I wouldn't be able to access either if it was the server, but hey, I'm a little computer illiterate, so who knows? LOL!
All our stuff is stored on tons of servers, stacks and stacks of them! but if say just one whole stack went down, then only parts of your rooms created in the time frame that server was being filled or what ever parts just happend to be on that server would be gone after it went down. Make sense? that is a simplified version of what i assume is true.
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #50

Abercrombie is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please close this, you are all making me feel very mad,angry,sad and upset.

I had way less than 100 items and they were still missing. I'm still mad that I lost my favorite exclusive item: the Wishing Well...
Abercrombie is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: