Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
ribbonumbrella

Default Re: It is not Ganz'z fault, it is ours

i have 6, its not my fualt
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #12
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by momma501
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Ganz's inability to keep the site up and running is 100% their fault - not ours. The dock limit of 100 is a guide for users because whenever you go from room to room, the system has to reload everything in your dock which can be time consuming and cause slower service to that particular user. This also goes along with the idea of not having our rooms overloaded with items... ie: full 100 item gardens.

Ganz owns this issue fully themselves. They knew the amounts of Webkinz that their retailers were ordering and what they were shipping out. They knew their product was increasing in popularity - being featured on news and in magazines. They saw the issues around Easter last year with the spike in traffic and should have been able to foresee these issues at Christmas. IMHO, Ganz chose to make expanding their website their top priority, instead of ensuring that it could handle the increased traffic and addressing known system issues.

I'm not hating on Ganz here and I'm not complaining. But as a consumer, I will not accept fault for these issues. We, the users, did not break this system by purchasing too many Webkinz or not emptying our docks. That would be like saying, for example, the cable TV goes out and that it's the viewers faults because they were all watching at the same time. Doesn't work that way.
Very well put! I agree that Ganz was not ready to handle the increase. I really wish that they would concentrate on the server issues with the increased popularity of webkinz rather then making the site larger, new games etc.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 AM   #13
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by koto
Very well put! I agree that Ganz was not ready to handle the increase. I really wish that they would concentrate on the server issues with the increased popularity of webkinz rather then making the site larger, new games etc.
Ditto Momma501 and Koto.
commodore is offline Female
Old 01-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #14
tiffier
Webkinz :)

misspiggy77 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by koto
I agree with you on that. There is already more to do on this site than a person can do in a week so expansion is deffinitly low priority. what good is it to expand if the site is down all the time any way they need to make what already exist stable first:pig:
Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Ganz's inability to keep the site up and running is 100% their fault - not ours. The dock limit of 100 is a guide for users because whenever you go from room to room, the system has to reload everything in your dock which can be time consuming and cause slower service to that particular user. This also goes along with the idea of not having our rooms overloaded with items... ie: full 100 item gardens.

Ganz owns this issue fully themselves. They knew the amounts of Webkinz that their retailers were ordering and what they were shipping out. They knew their product was increasing in popularity - being featured on news and in magazines. They saw the issues around Easter last year with the spike in traffic and should have been able to foresee these issues at Christmas. IMHO, Ganz chose to make expanding their website their top priority, instead of ensuring that it could handle the increased traffic and addressing known system issues.

I'm not hating on Ganz here and I'm not complaining. But as a consumer, I will not accept fault for these issues. We, the users, did not break this system by purchasing too many Webkinz or not emptying our docks. That would be like saying, for example, the cable TV goes out and that it's the viewers faults because they were all watching at the same time. Doesn't work that way.
I agree 100%. Thanks for articulating this family's growing frustration in such a polite manner.
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 AM   #16
Lunawater

Lunawater has a spectacular aura aboutLunawater has a spectacular aura about

I agree too, well said momma501, the popularity of webkinz is going up up up!! More and more webkinz are being sold and adopted daily, are they ready for the future, let alone today? we got sick of loading rooms so we opened new webkinz accounts and it is way better, and smaller, its alot easier managing a few rooms as apposed to 30 rooms, especially for our son. Its nice having a few accounts to jump to and you can always pick up a few more of arte's rares with more than one account!! Sending yourself kinzpost to organize your webkinz worlds is nice too!!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 AM   #17
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Ganz's inability to keep the site up and running is 100% their fault - not ours... That would be like saying, for example, the cable TV goes out and that it's the viewers fault because they were all watching at the same time. Doesn't work that way.
Great example! I laughed so hard at it's clear absurdity of blaming the consumer!

I have only one account that is affected by this problem. It has just 2 pets and 6 rooms. Explain that!

Meanwhile, my main account has 30+ rooms -- with some of them stacked full of stored items. No problem. Explain that!

Most of the recent glitches are server related. None of that is our fault. Only Ganz.

Don't get me wrong -- I love my Webkinz and love Ganz for creating them, making a virtual world to enjoy and almost everything about it. Just not the glitches that they allowed to grow.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 01-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #18
arianana1
Gifted

arianana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope what is happening to you isn't the same as what happened to me. If it is the reason you are getting logged out when you go to these rooms is because the rooms are gone with everything in it. I went in with a new pet and when I got into the map more than 20 of my rooms and some storage rooms, including my special items storage were gone. When I tried to enter these rooms from ajoing rooms I was logged out. Try a different pet and try your map. Hopefully all your rooms are still there.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #19
morrisclass

morrisclass is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that it is not our fault, but I haven't been able to log on since yesterday around noon. Does anyone know what I can do? If other people are logging on, then my garden will be dead and I will miss out on all my dailies. Please help!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #20
nillahboo
Gift Guru

ColtsFan24 is on a distinguished road

i don't have more that 100 items in my dock. i have like 60, and i can't get into any of my rooms, and now i can't even get into webkinzworld. i think it is some peoples fault who have more than 100 items but it's also ganz fault for not expecting this.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: