Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #81
Webkinz :)

valana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

well don't know what to say here .... but i have clicked on the ad
yes i am canadian

valana is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #82
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

First off...I AM CANADIAN....but I really feel the need to respond to some of the frenzy.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
I can not believe I have to tell my children that they are being discriminated against because of WHERE they live!
We are talking about a game here, not discrimination. If that were the case then every person in those few Provinces and States that are never allowed to enter are always discriminated against...not...there are legal issues...lets put this in perspective.
View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmom007
I know right we teach our kids where all equal,no one should be left out ,Hmm what does ganz teach the children!Not a wise thing to do ,if it was legal work they should have put it off until they did!
View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
*Dreams*

It would be nice if somehow Canada did not participate in this in a show of solidarity.

Either all of us Play......or none of us play.

But I am falling out of my dream bubble now. Because that could never happen.

It is a nice thought tho.
To both of these posts, first off, since the inception of Webkinz, owned by Ganz, a Canadian company, we Canadians have never had the luxury of Canadian Thanksgiving celebrated. We get full day hourly events on U.S. Holidays...so for anyone living outside of the U.S. this is the case. But never have people from outside the U.S. asked people to not collect their gifts as a show of solidarity. This has nothing to do with equality and everything to do with issues that we know nothing about. Companies are bound by user agreements with outside advertisers....just like WI is....I mean, if I don't want ads I have to pay here, does that mean I'm discriminated against because I don't make enough money to pay for a WI membership???
View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
They are open tomorrow right (well technically today). It is Friday. Can someone post the number for me please?
View Post Originally Posted by Twins310
I too am extremely disappointed that Ganz would do something like this. My daughter has be talking about this for the last three days and now I will have to tell her the bad news. I think that we should all send a message to Ganz expressing our disappointment. Perhaps if they were to get thousands of e-mails/comments they would get a clue. I think it's kind of amusing that they boast about how many languages they now offer (for the record, they list 14 different languages at the top of the main screen), but will offer a contest like this to Canada alone. This is a real let down in a big way.
Trust me....in Canada alone, which is multicultural, there are far more than those 14 languages spoken by the residents of this Great Nation!
View Post Originally Posted by jenga_jane
I hope I don't offend anyone in saying this. I probably will anyways, but this is too good an opportunity:

Stop acting like spoiled rotten yanks!

I don't know how many times we've tried clicking on an add to win a prize, only to be told that the contest is "Only open to residents of the US". TV promotions, internet promotions, everything has it all over them. But you don't notice it until it's a promotion only open to another country...

I am just as dissappointed in this as everyone else - I lived in Canada for 16 years, and I've only been in Australia for 1 and a bit, but I, like everyone else, am excluded from this contest. Still, this feels like I am watching you get a taste of your own medicine, so to speak (though I know none of you are personally responsible for this). I'm not enjoying this any more than you are, and I'm not going to say anymore here.

Once again, sorry for offending you. Ganz was cruel for not including everyone...props to those of you who can take this lightly. Loved the newspaper headlines. And Bindi, that comment about Tim Horton's was priceless! I can't wait to see the "Funstration" entries about this!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right? *Runs to hide before I get rocks thrown at me* *already regretting sticking my own foot in my mouth*.
I tend to agree. For years Canadians have taken a back seat and never once have I seen this kind of ranting and raving, not by Canadians and not by members from other Countries outside the U.S.....but 1 contest comes along that excludes them and it becomes an issue that involves threats, cries of discrimination....I mean, let's put it in perspective people...it's pixels worth nothing in the grand scheme of things!
I couldn't agree more. We all are equal human beings and if Ganz can't treat all it's customers the same they shouldn't have contests at all! I am thankful for this situation in one sense. It has opened my eyes to how some people really are and the silly things that people still think and do in this day and age. Discrimination and prejudice just makes me sick.
Ganz has never treated all customers from different countries of the world as equal...it's just others accept it for what it is...and we don't cry discrimination over something that does not even approach discrimination.

People, this is a game. Those costumes cannot be worn by you....they are really, in all respects, worthless. I think everyone needs to calm down. I mean, call Ganz, ask them, but the rules were specific from the get go....had everyone taken the time to read them this would not have been such a shock.

Take a breath and look at this for what it is...in the grand scheme of things.

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I agree. The original advertisements didn't say this. They said to go to the Webkinz Newz for the rules, but then the rules were never posted on the Webkinz Newz. As far as I can tell, the only way to read them is to see one of the advertisements first and click on it.
FIA...the rules were posted from the get go on Webkinznewz....but they give the exact address in the add on WW....and those rules were available. I did go to them and saw them...I didn't read that closely, but they were there and were accessible from the time that ad appeared in WW.

I just wanted to clarify that point! If you go to the ad now in WW you will see you have to add "/chipettes" to the end of the address on the URL....I did that and voila, the rules were there, just as they are now.

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 04-02-2010 at 02:17 AM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #83
Dror

this is very dispointeing news!! and finally when we thoguth were part of the world. comes Ganz and dispointe the children of the world.....sad sad day
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #84

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Amneris
Fake newspaper headline: Millions flock across the border to Canadian Internet Cafes! Experts baffled!

If I lived near the border I'd be one of them.
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #85
Webkinz :)

twinkletoez is on a distinguished road

This is so not okay!!! I can't believe Ganz!!! I spend a lot of money on Webkinz between plush, estore, clothes, cards and everything else. Why on Earth would they eliminate the US??? I would speculate that most of their sales/profits come from the US. My daughter is incredibly disappointed as am I! I am just shocked. Ganz how could you?? It is different to exclude Ganz employees or affiliates from contests. But allowing such only Canada to participate, well that is just plain awful. Ganz you should be ashamed and embarrassed!:emb arassed:
twinkletoez is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #86
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

I couldn't agree more. We all are equal human beings and if Ganz can't treat all it's customers the same they shouldn't have contests at all! I am thankful for this situation in one sense. It has opened my eyes to how some people really are and the silly things that people still think and do in this day and age. Discrimination and prejudice just makes me sick.
I do not like that it is called Discrimination and prejudice when the U.S. customers are excluded....but never once have I seen words like this used by members from other countries who have been in this situation or similar situations many times in the past. This is NOT discrimination and it is NOT prejudice guys....
Old 04-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #87
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I just would like to know the reason for not letting the USA participate.

Yes, it's just a bunch of pixels.
But, I've spent over 1,000 dollars on these pixels. I would like to participate in the contests. I'm not going all crazy/psycho on Ganz or anything, I just wish they would realize there are kids in the USA that would like to participate
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #88
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I do not like that it is called Discrimination and prejudice when the U.S. customers are excluded....but never once have I seen words like this used by members from other countries who have been in this situation or similar situations many times in the past. This is NOT discrimination and it is NOT prejudice guys....
I agree that people shouldn't use words to describe this like calling it prejudice.

But, we spend money on these products, and then when contests come around they exclude other countries? They have webkinz available for many countries, and they start doing contests that are only for one country?
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #89
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by valana
well don't know what to say here .... but i have clicked on the ad
yes i am canadian

As a fellow Canadian I've never felt so 'unwelcome'....how about you? I don't see the discrimination or prejudice in this....but I guess that just me.
View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
I just would like to know the reason for not letting the USA participate.

Yes, it's just a bunch of pixels.
But, I've spent over 1,000 dollars on these pixels. I would like to participate in the contests. I'm not going all crazy/psycho on Ganz or anything, I just wish they would realize there are kids in the USA that would like to participate
I hear you, and all I can say is that there are many kids in Canada who have never been able to celebrate Canadian holidays, and there are many kids from other countries who's holidays and such are never recognized...and then we get a gift and hourly activities on days when kids are in school and which have no 'meaning' to us....imagine the confusion with all the kids who do not live in the U.S. It's really no different...Not saying it's right or fun or nice to be on the receiving end of exclusion, but using words like discrimination and prejudice is totally uncalled for.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #90
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

As disappointed as I am....If ganz doesn't make this up to us somehow it would be nice if we could figure out a way to have some kind of giveaway ( abiding to WI's rules) to make it up to all the disappointed children who just won't understand why they did this.

FroggyDoodle I appreciate your view point on this and applaud your country for never complaining about not being included in things. Maybe had more people known we could have stood beside you in talking to ganz that everyone should be able to participate. I also think that some people take it more seriously than you. Your view point makes sense but how many 5 year old children are going to understand that tomorrow morning? Its easy for you to explain your view point to a group of adults I don't think you'd get the same understanding from a group of disappointed children. Maybe had ganz put a small note on the bottom of this promotion that said (Canada only) or something of the sort they could have prevented alot of this confusion.
ilovecats711 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: