Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #71
ishin I was a gifted
Webkinz :)

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmom007
Personally glad at least were going to be ble to trade for them ! I'm a mom that plays and my DD is no longer into webkinz ,But I feel bad for those MOMs who have to tell the little ones that only one country gets them!
I expect to be trading something BIG for them ....
eeclipse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #72
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by eeclipse
It is UNREAL how people are acting towards this. YEAH SURE - I am so BEYOND bummed out. It's not even funny. We are all here for the same intention, regardless of where we live; it's on the same EARTH!
I couldn't agree more. We all are equal human beings and if Ganz can't treat all it's customers the same they shouldn't have contests at all! I am thankful for this situation in one sense. It has opened my eyes to how some people really are and the silly things that people still think and do in this day and age. Discrimination and prejudice just makes me sick.
ilovecats711 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #73

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

Personally glad at least were going to be ble to trade for them ! I'm a mom that plays and my DD is no longer into webkinz ,But I feel bad for those MOMs who have to tell the little ones that only one country gets them!
Like you I am not sure how to explain it either or than to simply say "well it's what the webkinz people decided and no, we are not moving to Canada this weekend".

I already know my older daughter will more than likely write GANZ a letter stating her frustration about it being unfair just because she lives in a different country. AND she will take it to the mailbox herself, just like the last time.

Good luck Moms!
mjsiowa is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #74
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

Am I disappointed? Yes, of course.

But not because my country was excluded. Whether because of local laws or target markets in advertising contracts, sometimes that can happen anywhere. It's never fun or pleasant, but it is a RW reality.

I'm disappointed because Ganz handled this poorly. They should have announced the target market for this early and clearly. When you market to kids, the ethical thing to do is NOT set them up for a unnecessary disappointment.
Mynoey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #75
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
Wow Jane so sorry you have such a poor opinion of all of us United States residents. I don't know about anyone else here but I for one didn't know ganz ever discriminated against anyone in any country. It wasn't something I was aware of or something I thought I needed to look for. As for this being a taste of our own medicine....It sounds to me like your holding on to some grudge you have yourself. I hope your wounds heal from whatever situation you had to deal with and you can stop insulting the rest of us.
I'm sorry - maybe it's just outside influence on my life. Like I said, I really don't mean to offend anyone, and I know it sounds like I'm holding a grudge (wish tone of voice could be sent via the internet) but to me it's just sort of amusing. Yes, there have been some - personal issues, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was bringing those out on all of you. That wasn't at all my intention.

Maybe I just like discussions about politics too much...Maybe I'm just liking that there are actually people online for me to talk to (and enrage) at 6 o'clock in the evening.

Maybe I, like everyone else, am hoping for a bad April Fools joke. Though the fact that Ganz very cleverly planned this for Good Friday (meaning no calls of protest as customer service will be closed) is a clue that it may not be a joke.

I'm sorry, I hadn't thought of the legal actions. Though with VIRTUAL items, I can't imagine what sort of legal actions there could be.

Maybe that post was entirely uncalled for. I'm already regretting it...

- Jane
jenga_jane is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #76
ishin I was a gifted

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Mynoey

But not because my country was excluded. Whether because of local laws or target markets in advertising contracts, sometimes that can happen anywhere. It's never fun or pleasant, but it is a RW reality.

I'm disappointed because Ganz handled this poorly. They should have announced the target market for this early and clearly. When you market to kids, the ethical thing to do is NOT set them up for a unnecessary disappointment.
I agree. Completely.

I wish there was a way they would make it up to ALL of us.
eeclipse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #77
-elies007
Gift Guru

webkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clown

You couldn't have said it better,Thank goodness my child no longer plays,She just got to overwhelmed with all of it and quit,lol,I play so I don't have to tell myself everyday how much money I have wasted,lol,plus I love WI !
webkinzmom007 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #78
I rocks
Gift Guru

yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine
yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine

Mynoey,
I totally agree with you 100% and I couldn't have said it better.
yaniella is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #79
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

I agree. The original advertisements didn't say this. They said to go to the Webkinz Newz for the rules, but then the rules were never posted on the Webkinz Newz. As far as I can tell, the only way to read them is to see one of the advertisements first and click on it.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #80

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

Thats what I was wondering if others were ever excluded from other contest!
Wow! Thanks for letting us know! Now it will be even more important to really work at the contests we do get to play!

It may be the only way we can share in good fortune! Just start doing what we did with the Griffin rugs, get as many as possible so can have a give away contest with lots of cool "country specific contests"!

As a group we all know we can do this. Man I wish we were in Canada for the Holiday Weekend!

Again thank you for the update about other countries not being able to compete!
mjsiowa is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: