Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #731
Unregistered

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

As it's said, the voting hits hardest through the pcoketbook.

In spite of Ganz's unfairness, disappointing "events", buggy web site, etc...people still stampede to buy by the boatloads out of the estore and flock to the stores that hold Webkinz Day events.

I am staggered by the # of posts on the Webkinz News site giving Ganz decent, informed "feedback" on how to run it's website and using thousands of (unpaid) eyes and countless hours of experience to do THEIR job for them. I have seen many dismissive responses to people who call Ganz with account questions, I used to work for a major TV/Website and the constant "gee, we didn't know", asking users to do your work for you and "we're working on it" are all business tactics to stall people without alienating them. Ganz may have had a 'deal' with FOX that only appiled to Canadian users, but they were aware that by doing so it would leave out everyone else. It's a dismissive decision especially as you said the US and other countries are whose money is being spent to support Ganz. I see many being positive about it somehow but I also read many upset, puzzled, hurt and upset people too

Until people boycott or stop supporting all the flaws and laziness on Ganz's part, it wont hit them in the pocketbook and no message will ever get through.

And thank you to the Canadian friends who are being so kind. I spent two weeks in the trading room giving away all the many many Snow White Contest prizes I'd won because so many didnt get any.
Doesnt this "lesson' show us all something about all the greed, 'prices' and attitude thats attached to rare/retired/past year's stuff? Its just stuff, its not gold or notariety. Thank you to those in Canada who have shown us that and shared
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #732
Webkinz :)

Roshelle will become famous soon enough

I am so very hurt by Ganz / webkinz... I LOVE my Brothers and Sisters from Can a da

BLESSINGS TO ALL AND HAPPY HAPPY EASTER !!!!!
Roshelle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #733

ticktok will become famous soon enough

I`ll be clicking away today for as long as I can. Go webkinzinsider`s. As a group we can do anything!
ticktok is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #734
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Everyone - there is a thread in the Contest section of the forum to show your pledge of extra time
in Home Before Dark as a thank you to those tired Canadian fingers to help make sure we finish
the Communal Cjhallenge this week.

Come on, show your spirit. Let's "click" back for them!!
Twizzlerz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #735
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
I have pledged an extra hour of Home Before Dark to help win the Communal Contest on the Contests Forum as my way of saying thank you to all the Canadian WIers who've been busy all day.

Thank you!!!
Oh, that is SO helpful, thank you very much. This weekend I'm planning to concentrate on sending off as many codes as I can (latest total count: about 155) and I've been feeling a bit bad because it means I can't play Home Before Dark for the communal contest like I was planning to do. (I don't like feeling like I'm "letting down the team", y'know?) If more non-Canadians can play extra time at the communal contest to pick up the slack for the Canadians who are frantically trying to get them as many codes as possible, that would be AWESOME.
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #736

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and while I'm very thankful we have some very generous members here in Canada, I think we're being way too silly in the whole thing. This of course I know isn't liked, but please let me explain.

These are pixels, they won't change our lives if we don't have a Chipette outfit. And, instead of being out in the sun and playing, some of these members are spending hours just trying to get enough outfits for a contest here (no, I'm not participating).

People say "Well, Ganz should've declined to take Fox's offer if it was just for Canadians;" however, we're in an economy right now that for the most part an offer of sponsorship (and ensuing money) will outweigh some of the other decisions. (And, Fox makes by far more money than Ganz does, so I"m sure the offer was too good to resist).

I'm reading "Well, we'll hit Ganz in the pocketbooks by not buying the items" - I'm not so sure everyone knows how big Ganz really is. There are many gift items and I think some cards, created by Ganz. They're not hurting for money and won't as long as they diversify like they have.

That said, small businesses that rely on Webkinz for most of their income right now will be seriously affected, and in turn a brief moment of unhappiness for most of us will end up being permanent because Ganz decides to shut down the site entirely.

Also, there are many, many people like me who don't care about the clothing and will continue to occasionally buy a pet because they like the pet. We don't even buy e-Store because it's just not interesting enough, and if they go strictly e-Store, we'll finish our one year and leave, because there are better uses of our dollar where we want something tangible.

BTW, I think the Twitter is an attempt to assuage the public's fury. Personally, I do not think they're going to make it something that can be sold in the Curio Shop.

And why you may ask? - Ganz would have to have the royalties for an extended period of time in order to "sell" the item online.

Trust me, I know many people are disappointed with Ganz' choice to put money ahead of their customers here (or at least all of them), but they are indeed a business where they will take supplemental as well - at the sacrifice of a few complaints - in order to make sure their business keeps going. And, as long as you go to a gift shop and purchase an item, you'll probably always be buying at least something that was from Ganz.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #737
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

Well said, jadewarlock. It's always good to have someone point out such a reasonable perspective on things.

Although I am one of the people who's generating as many codes for the contest as possible, I am not letting it run my life this (gorgeously sunny) weekend and I hope that's true for other Canadians who are helping out. Yesterday's code generation was done in between playing with my kids, taking them to the park, chores, and doing some other hobbies. Today it's the same thing - I gave my toddler a bath and a haircut, spent more time with the kids, and after nap time (which is happening right now), we're going to go outside and play. I'm not being "stupid" about generating codes and I certainly hope other people aren't either, especially if their weather is as gorgeous this weekend as it is here in my town.

However, even with all this going on, I've still managed to send almost 450 codes for the outfits to WI, because I figure each code I send will be a nice present for someone who really wants it, and it's really no skin off my nose to send more codes.

I also agree that Ganz probably used the business information they had to make what they thought was a good decision with this contest, although I think they could have done a better job of making it clear beforehand that it was a limited-access kind of thing.

Anyway, everybody with access to the contest, and everybody who is playing Home before Dark to make up for us: yes, do your best to help out your fellow WI members, but don't get silly about it.
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #738
ladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of light

Umm, I'm Canadian, but I don't see these Chipette ads anywhere. My ads have been stuck showing the same three ads (one says "Go to the Head of the Class," one says "Explore the outdoors," and the other just says "Ganz") on all three of my accounts ever since the Snow White ad contest started (and I didn't get a chance to win any of those prizes either).

Can someone please explain why my ads are 'stuck'?
ladyoflight is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #739
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

View Post Originally Posted by ladyoflight
Umm, I'm Canadian, but I don't see these Chipette ads anywhere. My ads have been stuck showing the same three ads (one says "Go to the Head of the Class," one says "Explore the outdoors," and the other just says "Ganz") on all three of my accounts ever since the Snow White ad contest started (and I didn't get a chance to win any of those prizes either).

Can someone please explain why my ads are 'stuck'?
This contest is in the webkinznewz. You know that, right?
mickey26 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #740
ladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of light

No, I thought it was one where you clicked on the ads in WW. Do you click on ads at Webkinznewz instead?

I'd still like to know why my ads in WW are stuck, though.
ladyoflight is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: