Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #671
Wytchy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by rain62001
LOL! I love it, that's to funny!
LOL

Thanks, I just couldn't resist!

View Post Originally Posted by tarayvonne
Not too sure about this. If I were a company that depended on buyers from all over the world to stay in business, I would not put up a contest unless EVERYONE was eligible to join it.
In the past I think residents of Canada and New York (U.S.) were excluded from contests because Ganz has headquarters in both places. I still don't understand why residents where Ganz has headquarters were excluded.

In this case though, Ganz excluded members of every country BUT Canada. That kind of contradicts their previous rules that residents where they have headquarters were disallowed from all contests.

I don't understand how they can now circumvent what they previously claimed were 'legal issues'. I just know I'm getting more and more aggravated with their arbitrary policies that alienate so many people who've kept them in business all these years.

Last edited by Wytchy; 04-02-2010 at 05:14 PM..
Wytchy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #672
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not pacified by the Ganz Tweet re: FOX and their agreement. They shouldn't have agreed to it b/c they know they have a huge customer base outside of Canada. You can't have those clothes floating around and say "sorry, rest of the world this is just for Canada"... I mean ALVIN and CHIPMUNKS!

I just get more irritated with each mistep they make.

Do they need new marketing and/or public relations help over there? The peeps they have seem to be asleep at the wheel.
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #673

View Post Originally Posted by Stayontarget
I'm just wondering, how would they know you live in Canada as to other countries.
Simple answer: IP address
Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #674
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by queenfrostine12
I think it is so interesting that Ganz has just come out with the statement that Fox made them do this in the terms of agreement, do they really have no back-bones, I would have said to Fox- listen we have a huge fan base and you are going to benefit a lot more if we do this contest in other places as well.

Anyways--- Thank you so much to those generous Canadians who are willing to share with members from the rest of the world!!! There are many children who are so happy that you are donating!
I put up a Tweet regarding it a little while ago - but I bet there have been some that have been a bit more impolite regarding the contest.

And, sadly enough - FOX has more money and power than Ganz does, even in the fan base sadly. Even if Ganz had more kids involved than FOX, that company has adults buying its products so this will be second banana to it - they know that even if the kids boycott, most adults won't.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #675

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
I'm not pacified by the Ganz Tweet re: FOX and their agreement. They shouldn't have agreed to it b/c they know they have a huge customer base outside of Canada. You can't have those clothes floating around and say "sorry, rest of the world this is just for Canada"... I mean ALVIN and CHIPMUNKS!

I just get more irritated with each mistep they make.

Do they need new marketing and/or public relations help over there? The peeps they have seem to be asleep at the wheel.
Luckily for me, my youngest daughter really doesn't care much about clothes for her pets. At least I don't have her crying over THAT. What really upset my youngest daughter was when Ganz announced the Sparkling Pegasus as an estore pet available for anyone who uses the estore.

Then they reneged and changed it to 'contest only'. *sigh* It just seems like Ganz is alienating more and more people and it almost seems deliberate as though they just don't care.

I mentioned when they reneged on selling the Sparkling Pegasus via the estore that I would only maintain my kid's accounts by purchasing a new pet ONLY when their accounts were set to expire.

That caused a couple of days of crying, but they're over it now. I explained to them that Ganz can no longer be trusted to honor what they initially say they are going to do.

It's easier to have my kids cry for one or two days, than hear them cry every single time Ganz pulls the stunts they've been pulling for the last couple of months.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #676
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Everyone, just to let you know, our Canadian members are really pulling for all of you elsewhere. As of right now, we have over 600 codes to give away for our contest on Monday! Keep your heads up!!!

Webkinz Insider Chipette Costume Contest Coming Soon
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #677
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I think the one thing we all seem to forget is that Ganz is a company full of humans that make mistakes. And, when you have a product that has soared like Webkinz has (few others have had this success) you will do and make things that some people are going to be happy about and not others.

What I've not been happy about is the Sparkling Pegasus - I originally signed up for Twitter to have a chance to get it, and had considered doing the YouTube bit and seeing if I could win so I could donate it for a contest of sorts. But, the more I think about it, the more I go "Do I want to have to constantly think of the four way test of the Rotary Club creed?" By this - 1. Is it the Truth?, 2. Is it fair to all concerned, 3. Will it bring good will and better friendships, and 4. Is it beneficial to all concerned? So, I realized it wouldn't, and decided against it. Sadly though - Ganz lately hasn't followed any of those quite universal notes and bring more and more disappointment than anything.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #678
Gift Guru

nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!nana is headed for the top!

This was posted on Webkinz Twitter about 3 hours ago as to why it was for Canadians only:

Re: Chipettes contest. It is the terms of our agreement with Fox. We may make the costumes available in other ways (ala Bee costume)
nana is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #679

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Everyone, just to let you know, our Canadian members are really pulling for all of you elsewhere. As of right now, we have over 600 codes to give away for our contest on Monday! Keep your heads up!!!

That's very generous of the Canadians who've been excluded from previous contests, Justin. This really is an amazing site.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #680
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Justin

Thanks Justin for the update!!!
Come you fellow Canucks...get out there and get to work....get that donation number up to 1,000 before the evening is over. We can do that!!! Today and then hopefully beat it tomorrow. Let's go!!!!!! CJ
ConchyJane is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: