Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #651
Webkinz :)

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
Sorry you cant get any dresses. I think Justin might be planning something to let other members get them, because he set up some things so that Canadians can donate dresses to WI ( :
thanks secret ninja. i am really not too worried about it. i live with the idea of if it's meant to be it will be. i know it's bothering a lot of people but for me i am wasting my energy on something that i can't change. i sent ganz a message, called and left them a voicemail and will have to wait to monday to talk to someone. until then what can i do??? you know?

i do think it is important that everytime there is customer complaints each person should let ganz know. that is the only way ganz WILL know we are disappointed.

i don't agree with people attacking eachothers countrys. this would not be such a huge issue on this thread if it wasn't the united states. i think its sad that a lot of countries are "used to" this problem. i had no idea until today so many people get left out of contests. if ganz couldn't get this contest to everyone they could have offered it in the kinzstyle shop for a limited time, like the superhero costume. when there is a will thers way!
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #652

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
what about the kids? my issuee is having to explain to the kids in my family why we can't get the outfits. the is supposed to be a kids toy and marketed as such. i say that ganz should have made sure the ads to announce the contest were only shown in canada and made it clear it was a contest for canada. this is an issue of kids being consistently disappointed by this company. it's sad.
The only thing I can see an issue with this is that some people do have international access and would've seen the ads regardless. It's why they have to use the IP issue to get people trying to find a way around some things that are specifically for certain countries.

Quote:
also, it is a nice idea to boycott but i don't believe even if a great deal of us boycott it will do any good. if ganz was even remotely worried about that they wouldn't do things like this or the other issues we have had with them.
In a word - no. Ganz already has the money from the pets because businesses purchase the pets to sell in stores (that's why there's a markup on shelves - it's the cost of purchase plus a little bit more to make a profit). Boycotting either the DVDs or the Webkinz plush actually harms the stores, and eventually you because they will think "Oh, the public isn't interested in the pets anymore, so we'll stop selling them."

Quote:
i am happy for our northern neighbors and hope they enjoy their costumes. i know i will not be getting any costumes but that doesn't mean i have to dislike the people who can get them. it's just pixels and thats how i have to look at it because i am the adult in my household. i have to be logical and calm for the sake of the kids.
Same here - while I'm glad that people can enjoy these outfits, I would NEVER call our friends up to the north any negative names (the one I can think of will be censored and I do no think it's right to use it as an example). It's why I'm deeply disappointed that some of our friends up north are calling us "Yanks." For most of the states, that's inaccurate (especially for the 13 that were seen as Southern states in the Civil War ), and really ads insult to injury in something that is just a contest.

To those who are donating costumes, I say thank you for your generosity. One reason I personally entered Twitter was so I could do something similar if I had the chance. DO NOT be discouraged into not donating outfits because of a few upset people, because you're showing a lot more generosity than many in this world do nowadays.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #653

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by breezie
Darn, I thought it was but wasn't sure I havn't been around too much lately. Guess I need to reread the rules

Oh well I just thought I would try to help some people out since I have used all my emails addresses up.
But if you see an ad, make up something, like "crackers", for example, and add "@webkinzinsider.com" will be sent to WI if you want to donate dresses.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #654
Yay! I'm
Gifted

breezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant future

But if you see an ad, make up something, like "crackers", for example, and add "@webkinzinsider.com" will be sent to WI if you want to donate dresses.
I have already donated a bunch and will keep doing it, just thought I would try something out.
breezie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #655

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I sent a Tweet inquiring about if they're going to expand the contest outside of Canada, mentioning there are many disappointed it's just there. (How I got that into 140 characters on the dot I'll never know ). If I get a response, I'll let you know.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #656

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by breezie
I have already donated a bunch and will keep doing it, just thought I would try something out.
Yeah, I'm donating too. Are the ads still up tommorrow?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #657
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

Yeah, I'm donating too. Are the ads still up tommorrow?
Yes Ninja, the ads will be up again all day tomorrow. Well, let's hope anyway. I heard somewhere that it was the first 50,000....I can't remember where I heard that now. With our new donation website, we may pass that number today CJ
ConchyJane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #658
Yay! I'm
Gifted

breezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant futurebreezie has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by ConchyJane
Yes Ninja, the ads will be up again all day tomorrow. Well, let's hope anyway. I heard somewhere that it was the first 50,000....I can't remember where I heard that now. With our new donation website, we may pass that number today CJ
I think I saw 50,000 somewhere too. I now that I am having a harder time finding ads now than earlier this morning.
breezie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #659

View Post Originally Posted by ConchyJane
Hmm...Oh well, at least we can donate alot to WI. (:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #660
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

There was just a twitter from Ganz stating that the contest is per their agreement with Fox. They said that they may make the costume available other ways (ala Bee). Maybe Fox has something in place with another company for a Chipettes promotion in the US and they couldn't allow Ganz to do it there but it was fine for Canada.
lamb is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: