Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #611
Webkinz :)

pixie1101 is a glorious beacon of lightpixie1101 is a glorious beacon of lightpixie1101 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by LittleHattie
Well even in USA you do not have Justise on every corner and if it is not living close by you have to pay shipping i have never heard of Cracker Barrel. Not to mention even if some pets sold just in one store somebody still have to pay $15 for it.Those Dresses are free and it is not that difficult to get more them one
On the other hand USA has big population so if they all can participate in an sweepstakes it is going to be a lot of those items in the trading room . smaller population means less participants , means fewer items, means huge advantage for those who have items, and they even did not pay for it
It is sad that Ganz did do these sweepstakes this way . Arguing so many people, putting Canadians verses Americans (I am either
There is no reason to do such event or any others similar events and call them a contest for which i believe Ganz should file a lot of paper work . While they could have done it like Leprechaun hunt or quick draw, floating items...There is plenty of other ways that do not need any paperwork no meter you are Canadian. or from Florida or other pleases.

It is also fine print that drives me crazy especially if others can not ever have any opportunity to read fine print so lots of people spent ours looking for it and not knowing they will never see it
Maybe Ganz though that not-Canadians will not know. Well they would see new items in the trading room... Or read about in on tweeter to with Ganz pretty much made us to sing up
That brings another painful topic of discrimination
so .... Well done

I know i had to have my Friends mom who lives on the east coast buy me the opossum and ship it to me on the west coast
pixie1101 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #612

rattywoman8 has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs down Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by yazkitty
I wish just once I could understand why Ganz does the things they do and for what reasons! With the amount of money people spend on their Webkinz accounts (regardless of geographical location), EVERY contest should be open to EVERY person with an account. I am very much unimpressed with this.

I totally totally agree with you! And well said! You're right. I have 100 webkinz so that's about $1,150 I've spent on Webkinz not even including my zums and charms and I don't even get to participate in this contest. You're probably in the same position as I am and as much as I love Webkinz this entirely upsets me! I know it's only a small contest but still...!
I just hope Webkinz fixes this and never happens again. I still love webkinz though!
rattywoman8 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #613

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

If you go to the contest page in Webkinz Newz you will read that the two contests they have listed are only for the USA and Canada. Why is that? Perhaps there are laws in some other countries that are in play here? I don't know but I think it is not cool that some are excluded when the plush animals are available in so many countries across the globe.

Webkinz Contests – Webkinz Newz – Webkinz Information
MetalMama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #614
Popchick772009's mom

FoxMom is on a distinguished road

This is unfair to people in many countries.
FoxMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #615

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Be right back, going to check my email for codes.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #616

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

A few points, some tied to Ganz and others not:

1. The giveaway is tied in to a release by another business - this case the release of "Chipmunks: The Squeakquel." Ganz couldn't have postponed it even if they wanted to - and yes, this would tie in to the Disney re-release of "Snow White."

2. Sometimes in regard to one - the agreement mandates it goes only to certain countries or the sponsorship is removed. I would love to see who paid whom in order to get this PR. That could make a huge factor in things - as the company who made and is releasing the movie is an American company.

3. If we protest too bitterly and in outrage like I have been reading (the petitions, boycotts, etc. which have been locked up), there is a chance that it will backfire and we lose the whole kit and kiboodle. Meaning NO more click to wins, and possibly even up to losing as a whole.

The latter here may seem extreme, but let me put it to you in another perspective: When we buy a toy at the store, we're only paying back and a little extra to the store.

Or in short - Ganz already has the money in hand because the store itself has to buy (via "order") the pets from Ganz.

So, boycotting Ganz by not purchasing Webbies won't make much difference to them. Same with any other protest I've read.

3. Even if it were every country, there would be people who still couldn't play due to some sort of rule or restriction. I personally was seriously considering doing a juggling routine to Hug-A-Pug and juggling Zingoz and such for the Webkinz fan contest...

...But I am now not doing it, and not because of this, but because I'm an adult and feel that they will disqualify me on the basis of that.

Or worse - I feel on the flip side that if I entered and won that contest with a juggling routine, I'd have people upset here on board because I'm an adult and won.

Simply put, sometimes you cannot win, even if you feel you should, and people are indeed going to be disappointed. Am I upset with this? - not extremely no, and totally understand why so many people here are. But, I'm not going to go and complain to Ganz about it nor refuse to help out other businesses because I disagree with something - mostly because I don't want it to snowball into something that causes everyone to lose out in the end (members here, store owners who have unusable Webkinz pets, etc.)

I do want to also make one other point - this isn't really discrimination, at least the proper definition of it. Unfair because you live outside of Canada? - yes, but it's not basing stuff on your age, religion, if you're a guy or a girl, if you're handicapped or not, etc.

Last edited by jadewarlock; 04-02-2010 at 01:48 PM..
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #617
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I'm scratching my head over that one. I hope to have the WIGEV updated by tonight (Friday night).
I am not Canadian, but I do think that these items should go for more since they're not available to everyone.

By the way, I am happy that Canadians finally get their own exclusive after being excluded for so long from American deals.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #618
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

SERIOUSLY? Super unfair..
MissPuppy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #619
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

The movie distributor in Canada is likely legally separate from the one in the US.

Ganz would run a promotion like this because the outside company paid for it.

So you should let Ganz know you are disappointed, but also let the American distributor know
you are disappointed their Canadian counterpart had such a good promo but they did not see fit
to extend it to the US by using their advertising budget also.
SoccerSlave is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #620
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I'm Canadian... But I'm still disappointed why can't other people win as well.
GoldenPuppy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: