Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #381
mlh
ow! She's a Webkinz!
Webkinz :)

mlh can ride a flying orange
mlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orange

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
You have your facts wrong.

There was only ONE wCares pet, the regular size Seal, that was released in Canada with a wCares tag on over a year ago. It was released several months after the pets in Walgreens were made available.

Not all Canadians live in a border town. I live on a military base in 4 Wing Cold Lake, Alberta. Look it up on a map .... it's a heck of a long distance from the US / CDN border.

The Guinea pig was originally released through Justice on April 1, 2009. It was made available to all on November 1, 2009 ~ hardly a few days wait. I know because I keep notes on everything I buy, when I buy it and where I bought it from in an Excel spreadsheet.

I didn't even mention the Strawberry Cloud Leopard, but it was released through Justice only on October 14, 2009 and still hasn't been made available to everyone.

The Opposum was released through Cracker Barrel on September 16, 2009 and also has yet to be made available to everyone.

And yes, IMO, your comment was an angry and sarcastic one, and I do not respect your lack of diplomacy or your lack of knowledge of Canadian geography.

You know, you can get a passport, cross the border and walk into walgreens

Phffffft ....... as if.
Hey, MysticZon, thanks for the info. I was really disappointed that I couldn't participate and I do wish that everything Webkinz was available to ALL webkinz aficionados but I now see that that isn't so! (I did know about the poor people in Florida and New York--they are probably shaking their heads once again!) Anyway, this is just a game (Yes, it IS!!) and I have other things to be busy with this weekend. All you Canadians who can participate--go get those outfits! More power to you!
mlh is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #382
venom7878
Gifted

venom7878 has a spectacular aura about

I think it's just for legal reasons. Maybe others don't know, but for legal reasons, Canadians miss out on online video watching and merchandise. Whenever we go to Target, it's like a wonderland filled with stuff we can't find in our Wal-Marts. All of this is because of restrictions placed by the government. Perhaps Ganz had to, or the company that owns the 'Chipmunks' series chose this?

Also, in defense of the Canadians getting told they get everything the Americans get, that is untrue. The Cloud Leopard is yet to come, and everyone I know was psyched for it. Most Ganz merchandise takes a while to get to us, and that's just Toronto. In our cottage further up North, they still haven't gotten many stuff from 2009! I'm not saying that Ganz is making things right, but I kinda want to.

I am sorry to people outside of North America, who regularly get shutout from a lot of our things.
venom7878 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #383
est of Weird.

stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

GANZ IS BEING REALLY STUPID.
Think about it. Remember all those contests for both U.S and Canada? So this is what we get, huh? Well then, keep it up and you won't be getting any money from me.
stargazer1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #384

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

I'm sorry that all you people that aren't Canadian can't enter. Im a bit dissapoted too, but I guess you can't chamge it now. :/
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #385
e remember 9/11

aaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Nakisha
Oh my, some people are so angry!

I'm an European fan. Where I live, there IS no such thing as Webkinz. NONE are sold in my country.
I need to buy them through Ebay and friends if I wish for them. I never get to buy them on discount, unless a friend can do that for me.

And I'm not complaining...! Come on, it's not that bad. I can still GET them, I'm thankful for that! Think of how many people in this world cannot get them, period.
Or think of the many people in the world who cannot even get clean WATER... and our problems are suddenly insignificant.

These dresses are just virtual items, no need to go all angry about a few pixels. Ganz gave us many dresses and other items before.... Why attack the group who cán get them over this? It's not their fault...

Ganz probably had to do this for a reason... let's give them a chance to tell us why?
That is a good way to put it. We all DO get too wrapped up in a few pixels on a screen... And it's not really all that bad, 50,000 prizes means SOMEBODY in the trading room or elsewhere will be willing to trade it. And if they want too much for it, move on. Sure, your pets won't have it, but hey, it's just an outfit. You have to think what you would even do with it... I mean, I'd probably wear it for a day maybe, get tired of it (unless it was the Brittany one) and trade it. Anyway, good luck to all of you out there in Canada!
aaonbighugs2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #386
ishin I was a gifted

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Anyone else try calling Webkinz customer support? I just did and received a telephone recording telling me to leave a message with my contact number. Oh well, worth a try.
eeclipse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #387
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Went into the trading room to try and snag one of these dresses...NEWS FLASH!!! They are NOT worth Wacky Jeans!!! Come on people, get real. Ganz, you have opened a can of worms!!
NR1991 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #388
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

Ganz shouldn't of excluded so many contries. Sure it makes it easier for Canadians to win but still the USA has a huge population of webkinz owners. Or maybe this contest is for Canadians and there will be another for everyone else
lego is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #389
e remember 9/11

aaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by stargazer1
GANZ IS BEING REALLY STUPID.
Think about it. Remember all those contests for both U.S and Canada? So this is what we get, huh? Well then, keep it up and you won't be getting any money from me.
Come on, it's one contest. Even so, if we were included, we probably wouldn't be in the first fifty thousand anyway.
aaonbighugs2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #390
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by eeclipse
Anyone else try calling Webkinz customer support? I just did and received a telephone recording telling me to leave a message with my contact number. Oh well, worth a try.
It's Good Friday, so I'm sure they're not there.
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: