Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #291
Proud Aspie
Webkinz :)

Webkinzrules77 is just really niceWebkinzrules77 is just really nice

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by jenga_jane
I hope I don't offend anyone in saying this. I probably will anyways, but this is too good an opportunity:

Stop acting like spoiled rotten yanks!

I don't know how many times we've tried clicking on an add to win a prize, only to be told that the contest is "Only open to residents of the US". TV promotions, internet promotions, everything has it all over them. But you don't notice it until it's a promotion only open to another country...

I am just as dissappointed in this as everyone else - I lived in Canada for 16 years, and I've only been in Australia for 1 and a bit, but I, like everyone else, am excluded from this contest. Still, this feels like I am watching you get a taste of your own medicine, so to speak (though I know none of you are personally responsible for this). I'm not enjoying this any more than you are, and I'm not going to say anymore here.

Once again, sorry for offending you. Ganz was cruel for not including everyone...props to those of you who can take this lightly. Loved the newspaper headlines. And Bindi, that comment about Tim Horton's was priceless! I can't wait to see the "Funstration" entries about this!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right? *Runs to hide before I get rocks thrown at me* *already regretting sticking my own foot in my mouth*.
Uh, what's a "yank?" Like a yak or something? Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about lol. - hides all the rocks on Pluto -
Webkinzrules77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #292

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

YAY!!! I found an ad!
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #293

arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth

Post Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by Aeza
Um I'm not Canadian.

I'm trying to schmooze here lol.

Sorry about the confusion, I figure if you can't beat em, bat your eye lashes and promise cookies!
oh . . . i see. oh well. i guess you like canada very much!
arnold995 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #294

madi1422 is a glorious beacon of lightmadi1422 is a glorious beacon of lightmadi1422 is a glorious beacon of light

I understand that Ganz has not given the same benfiets to Candadians (of poeple from NY, Florida, etc) But maybe since so many people are disappointed Ganz will realize they need to make ALL contests open to ALL people EVERYWHERE! Well hopefully.....
madi1422 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #295
hyIsMyRideBroken?

Aeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
YAY!!! I found an ad!
YAY! This is like horse racing. I'm placing my bets!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Secret Ninja.

I must live vicariously through you.

View Post Originally Posted by arnold995
oh . . . i see. oh well. i guess you like canada very much!
I do actually, but ESPECIALLY today. /wink
Aeza is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #296
gotmilk25

gotmilk25 is just really nicegotmilk25 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
It's late (or early, depending if you've slept yet or not) and I don't have time to read every post ~ I made it to jenga_jane's post on page 6 before clicking the "last" link. I'd like to stick my fingers in the pot on this issue.

I am Canadian, eh. I realize this affects WW members globally, but I'm particularly feeling the anger, resentment, disappointment and frustration coming from the American side of the border, and ... honestly ... I don't feel THAT BAD for my neighbours to the south. Perhaps my American friends have forgotten ~~~

(A) When wCares was first released a couple of years ago through Walgreens only, Canadians couldn't get in on the action because we don't have the Walgreens franchise in Canada. To this day, I still can't go down to my local retailer and pick up a wCares pet.

(B) When the Guinea Pig was first released through Justice only, Canadians couldn't get in on the action because we don't have the Justice franchise in Canada. I had to get my American friend in Florida to buy me a couple of Guinea Pigs and send them via UPS to Canada. I ended up paying a fortune for them !!

(C) When the Opposum was released exclusively through Cracker Barrel, Canadians couldn't get in on that either because we don't have the Cracker Barrel franchise in Canada. Again, enter my friend from the States ... again, I paid a fortune for these pets plus don't forget the exchange rate !!

And Canadians felt soooooooo left out and cursed Ganz up and down a blue streak, calling Ganz traitors because they are, after all, a Canadian-founded, Canadian-based company.

Even WI separates Canada from the States on every page of this web site. Just look at the top. We have Asian, European and AMERICAN rare schedules. Why not, at the very least, call it the North American rare time slot and include Canada and Mexico in the schedules ?? I'm way over that a long time ago, but I'm mentioning it to make my point.

So now the Canadians have a chance at something exclusive and I look forward to seeing my American friends in the trading rooms.

And if you want to get angry at me for making this post, that's fine. I'm not against America or any other part of the peacekeeping world, I'm just trying to bring some perspective to this issue.

PS: Tomorrow is Good Friday and I'm 99.9% sure they won't be open for phone calls.
This isn't an angry comment but i just HAVE to say:
WCares - You know, you can get a passport, cross the border and walk into walgreens... AND THEY WERE RELEASED INTO OTHER STORES!! YES THATS TRUE, INTO STORES THAT I HAVE SEEN IN CANADA! I HAVE SEEN THEM THERE
Guinea Pig and Opposum - Both later released to all stores. There's nothing to complain about, except hmm maybe we got them what... a week before you did? Ooh, that's really hard to wait a week.
AND SOME OF US WERE EXCLUDED FROM CONTESTS, BUT AGAIN MOST OF YOU IN CANADA WERE ALLOWED IN, except quebec.(not this one, i mean because they restrict florida and NY, which are 2 of the very big populated states)
gotmilk25 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #297

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone please don't fight. I'm disappointed too but It's Good Friday! Easter weekend,passover Time to celebrate and be thankful for what we do have! Maybe we can all step away from our computers and look at everything God has given us. I have decided not to be mad at Ganz anymore and to be happy for everyone who gets an outfit. And to spend time today remember what Jesus's day was like 2010 years ago.Who's with me?!!!!
Gwenda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #298

Safire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to behold

Smile Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

Awww, that's not cool...
Safire25509 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #299

liljani080 is on a distinguished road

I Thought I'd just go to the source, and contact the Foxx Chipmunk site. It will be interesting to see what they have to say about it. I'm not holding my breath though. I let them know how Disney was promoted on the site with the release of Snow White, and I was curious as to why their promotion was only opened to Canadians on the site unlike the first Chipmunk movie.
liljani080 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #300
hy pokemon ROCKS!

almond0 is a glorious beacon of lightalmond0 is a glorious beacon of lightalmond0 is a glorious beacon of light

they CAN be sent through via kinz post
almond0 is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: