Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #171
Web Records!
Webkinz :)

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

I spent a long time this afternoon (it's nighttime now where I live) looking through Webkinz News for the ad, but didn't find it of course. I DID find that in the Contest News the only two contests listed there -- for the Easter Outfit and the Music Star -- are both open ONLY to US and Canadian residents (Quebec, New York and Florida are excluded). I was quite surprised and came over here to WI to ask about this exclusion and, ironically, found this thread.

I haven't participated in these kinds of contests before, so had no idea that they often (usually?) exclude those of us who live in other parts of the world -- be it U.K., Australia, or anywhere else. I guess I can understand that legal issues might make it hard to offer the contests to people in other countries, but it does seem strange that this time it's limited only to parts of Canada (apparently neither Quebec nor Novia Scotia are getting the ads).

One person mentioned that this exclusion is common knowledge, but it's definitely news to a lot of us -- even an administrator posted asking whether most contests are limited to NA residents only.

It sounds like this has brought some touchy feelings to the surface for some, and I was sorry to see that for a while it seemed to be turning into an "us and you" kind of exchange.
As an American working abroad, I've had to get used to not being able to participate in some other stuff that's hard because of time zones or server access (even tho' I've paid full price for all of my webkinz and my deluxe membership, etc), so in one way this is just more of the same. Whenever I start getting frustrated, I have to remind myself "It is what it is" and be thankful that at least some of the time I can use this to have fun with younger family members back in the States. Sometimes it's not so easy, I'll admit!

However, given that the whole of the US (which far outnumbers those of us members who live outside NA) was going to be excluded, I agree that it would have been a good idea for Ganz to add a clear note of "limited participation" so that parents would be aware. Someone has mentioned that she added "chippettes" to the end of the Contest URL and was able to see the ads are just for Canadians, but not everyone would have tho't to try that. I certainly wouldn't!

I really sympathize with parents who are having disappointed kids now. For Webkinz parents 'round the rest of the world, missing out like this is normal, but when someone's not expecting it, it's hard to take. Thank you to the Canadians (and others) on this thread who have expressed patience and sympathy with members who are upset and disappointed!
WebCats139 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #172
countryboy12

janibabes will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Well, Janet I AM Canadian and I have gotten nothing but Invalid coding since I got up this am This is stupid with a CAPITAL *S*T*U*P*I*D* and I don't usually whinge about Ganz *sigh*
Where are you seeing the ads? Which page? I AM CANADIAN too and haven't seen an ad yet. I have been on here almost all night!
janibabes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #173
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

170 comments? LOL, I didn't know so many people were excited about this contest
Thank goodness I'm a boy, and I don't like the costumes, or I'd be mad too!
000000005 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #174
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I see it off to the right second ad down. I just clicked on it and and filled it all out...now it says that I have already used the email address and there is no notification in my email...I am NOT impressed!
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #175
countryboy12

janibabes will become famous soon enough

Well, this is all I see.

Webkinz Newz – Webkinz Information
janibabes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #176
clgowh00 is on a distinguished road

Did Ganz for get about the rest of its loyal customers. Sham on them!
clgowh00 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #177
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I see it off to the right second ad down. I just clicked on it and and filled it all out...now it says that I have already used the email address and there is no notification in my email...I am NOT impressed!
Maybe they will fix it so that we can all get the ads if thats likely
fluffy113 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #178
Think Pink~
Gift Guru

alex1920 knows the way
alex1920 knows the wayalex1920 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by sidereal
I, too, am disappointed to be excluded from this contest. I am seeing so many people upset about this contest in particular. People have mentioned calling Ganz or asking the people who ARE eligible to refrain from participating in order to force Ganz to be fair to those who aren't. I wonder if people realize that there are groups of people excluded from EVERY contest. As a resident of Florida, I am excluded from every contest (along with all residents of New York and Quebec). To be fair to our friends from Canada who ARE eligible, if we asked them to refrain from participation it would be like me asking everyone to never participate in any contest. I do understand the disappointment that comes with being excluded. I am still sad that I will never have a shot at a Sparkle Pegasus. But...

Since it seems the boundaries of eligibility are based on laws regarding internet contests, perhaps we can collectively ask Ganz to add in a loophole that allows exluded groups to "squeak" around those laws. Maybe add in the option of a mail-in entry if a WW player is excluded from internet entry in their region?

In the meantime, good luck to those who are able to participate! I will wait for the next WI contest
I feel the same way, as a Floridan, I'm not allowed to enter any of the contests either. I am also upset that Ganz would do this. So far, I haven't been able to enter any contests for that Pegasus (Ganz thinks I'm too young I guess?) and now this? Come on Ganz, I know you can do better. And I can't wait for the next WI contest, too!
alex1920 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #179
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Hpw bizarre, I see the Chippettes ad just second down on your link Janie...
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #180
. Fun In The Sun! .
Gifted

MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!

I am so sad. I was all ready with my tabs to catch an ad. I got up early and was excited to hunt all day. The outfits are going to be so rare and so hard to get a hold of.
MyPersian is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: