Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 03:18 AM   #121
I love Owls :3
Webkinz :)

prrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

This is just unfair.Maybe they will let us to find them on 4 of April or something like this~
prrety11 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 03:18 AM   #122
funwithfamily

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I guess they felt that by clicking on the ad in WW and specifically saying to visit that URL for the rules they did their job...but that's Ganz...why change a good thing right......As far as Quebec goes, there are legal issues relating to contests in Canada....here is a little overview...

Many sweepstakes are void in Quebec because the sponsors must follow a stringent set of rules set out by the Quebec government. For example, in order for sponsor to skip the "void in Quebec" restriction, Quebec sweepstakes law requires that the sponsors must do some or all of the following things:
  • Register the sweepstakes rules and all advertisements used to promote the contest with the Quebec government at least 30 days ahead of the sweepstake's launch.
  • Pay a fee of 10% of the sweepstake's value.
  • Agree to allow the government of Quebec to mediate any lawsuits arising from the contest.
  • Follow strict guidelines about the contents of the sweepstakes rules.
  • Allow the Quebec government to determine if the sweepstake may be changed or canceled once it has started.
  • File a written report after the contest has concluded, attesting that the prizes have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • Agree to follow a number of other rules and guidelines. See the Quebec Sweepstakes Laws.
While these laws are intended to protect the citizens of Quebec, they are also a significant burden of money and resources to sweepstakes sponsors, and the consequences for a mistake are severe. Rather than run the risk of facing legal action if these long and complicated rules are not followed to the letter, many sponsors take the easy route of making their contests void in Quebec

You aren't supposed to look for a diamond doggy, it's a Chipette ad on the side...in the advertisements. You click on the ad and fill out the form that pops up.
Thanks for explaining this to us FroggyDoodle. I wondered why places were excluded and had felt bad that they were...now I realize the people chose to make those laws for their own governments and should change the laws if they don't like them. This was very interesting.
funwithfamily is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #123
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Well I for one have learned something here tonight. I had no idea other countries were being excluded so frequently. While I applaud your patience and tolerance, I also wish it had been made public sooner so we could have helped.

This WI community is like a virtual family, and if one of us are experiencing problems with WW, the rest of us are here to help out. But if we don't know, there is no way we can help. I'd ask in the future that if this happens again, please let it be known to the community right away.

I know for certain that many generous people here would bend over backwards to share the wealth. On that note, if there is/was an item that those of you were excluded from, please let me know and if I have them I will be more than happy to share.

Hope you all have a blessed Easter Weekend.
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:27 AM   #124
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
Well I for one have learned something here tonight. I had no idea other countries were being excluded so frequently. While I applaud your patience and tolerance, I also wish it had been made public sooner so we could have helped.

This WI community is like a virtual family, and if one of us are experiencing problems with WW, the rest of us are here to help out. But if we don't know, there is no way we can help. I'd ask in the future that if this happens again, please let it be known to the community right away.

I know for certain that many generous people here would bend over backwards to share the wealth. On that note, if there is/was an item that those of you were excluded from, please let me know and if I have them I will be more than happy to share.

Hope you all have a blessed Easter Weekend.
Mulberry, just so you know, this has been common knowledge, but I think because it has been such an ongoing issue, it's just tolerated. In no way was this a secret....but just know, your generosity and kindness are so thoughtful!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #125
StarWhispers

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

Wow I just logged in for a moment, and got bombarded. I live in Canada. But most of my family live in Michigan U.S. I really wish I could participate in the contest as well but I have no time unfortunately. (4 children, work full time, college for masters degree) I really have to say I do not understand why they chose this contest if they even thought this may tear apart Canadian and United States citizens. Honestly I am a little disappointed they would be doing this as well. I know almost all of my nieces and nephews who live over the border are going to be crying in the morning. I have never thought it was right or just to leave any nation out in contest. But the reality is Both United States and Canada have it good compared to other countries who are never allowed to participate. As for webkinznews, I think that was just poor planning and judgment and, I feel that the Ganz company is going to have a flurry of calls tomorrow. I am truly sorry for all those who cannot participate in this contest, and I hope you will be able to in the future. That would really be the right thing for webkinznews/ganz/webkinz to do. Try to have a good weekend regardless. Good night everyone.
StarWhispers is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #126
Lil Kinz

Twins310 is an unknown quantity at this point

To the person who responded under my post about the many languages spoken throughout Canada, I am well aware that in every country many different languages are spoken. However, I am pretty sure that Ganz listing all of their available languages, was for the benefit of persons in other countries where French and English is like the 15th or 20th or whatever language most commonly spoken. In short, Ganz advertises about being global and to me global means all countries no matter how large or small, how rich or poor or how many different languages may be spoken.
Twins310 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #127
askelly has a reputation beyond reputeaskelly has a reputation beyond reputeaskelly has a reputation beyond reputeaskelly has a reputation beyond reputeaskelly has a reputation beyond reputeaskelly has a reputation beyond repute

that's too bad they're limiting access to all players. Hopefully they'll get it fixed so we can all have a chance to play.
askelly is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #128
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

It also states in the rules that only the first 50,000 e-mails received will win a prize, so there were a limited number to begin with.
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #129
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

what?? it's only available to Canadian members?

What a rotten thing to do! I'll remember to tell my American Soldier who spends his hard earned cash on their product to keep his wife and kids happy and home about that...HMMPHT!
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #130
mygra will become famous soon enough

maybe they will do everyone eles at a different time?
mygra is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: