Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #111
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
If we did get a 'card' I honestly can't recall....so I will not argue that point....but with regards to getting what you pay for, I'm just saying that none of us paid for the Chipette costume codes....it is a simply a contest, not requiring payment to enter it....I'm hoping that some contest comes up for U.S. residents only....perhaps it would appease everyone....and I'd be fine with that....I've become accustomed to exclusion so it would be no biggy. I think the reason this is such a big issue is because it is actually the first time it has happened to U.S. customers.
Hmm...I could have re-called getting one for Canada Day. Maybe not, it's late I'm delirious. LOL

I see your point of view, and I hope you see mine.
It was nice having a little debate. And perhaps that is the is part of the reason we're disappointed.
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #112
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru
 
FroggyDoodle's Avatar
FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Hmm...I could have re-called getting one for Canada Day. Maybe not, it's late I'm delirious. LOL

I see your point of view, and I hope you see mine.
It was nice having a little debate. And perhaps that is the is part of the reason we're disappointed.
I do love being able to discuss issues rationally, so this really was a pleasure....and know that I totally understand the disappointment because it is something that has been felt by non U.S. players in WW since it's inception...so yes, I do understand...the only thing I do not understand is the extremism with regards to the situation.

So thank you for calmly and rationally discussing this with me...I appreciate it more than you know....and I do understand the disappointment, just not the behaviour!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #113
countryboy12
Webkinz :)
 
janibabes's Avatar
janibabes will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
If we did get a 'card' I honestly can't recall....so I will not argue that point....but with regards to getting what you pay for, I'm just saying that none of us paid for the Chipette costume codes....it is a simply a contest, not requiring payment to enter it....I'm hoping that some contest comes up for U.S. residents only....perhaps it would appease everyone....and I'd be fine with that....I've become accustomed to exclusion so it would be no biggy. I think the reason this is such a big issue is because it is actually the first time it has happened to U.S. customers.
I have to say that I agree with you there. We have this happen all the time. I have entered numerous contests, promotions, only to get to the bottom where it states.............State, not Postal Code and this contest is open to the continental US only. I have tried to watch online programs that I have missed in Canada, only to find that this program is not available only outside the continental US. I am sure that at some time there will probably be a promotion for our American friends that I am not included in and that is fine with me.

The thing I am having with this is that for some reason it is not showing for me at all. I live in Nova Scotia and as far as I can remember we still belonged to Canada. Unless we were sold to another country to pay for our debt. LOL!! Sorry folks, just hoping to lighten the subject a bit.

I have many friends in other countries and if I could I would send some pixels to you. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the ads either. I am sure that the wonderful guys and gals on here will spread their fortune with their fellow WI members no matter where we live.

Let's please remember not to make this a US and THEM thing!! Good night everyone and God Bless!!

Have a wonderful Easter.
janibabes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #114
I rocks
Gift Guru
 
yaniella's Avatar
yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine
yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
FIA....the rules were posted, as I mentioned before, but that post got lost in the ranting....but you had to add "/chipettes" to the end of the URL. The URL link was not a clickable link to read the rules, but you can type that link into your address bar and voila.....it took you to the rules from the moment that ad appeared on WW!

This is the link if typed as it appears in WW....

Chipettes – Webkinz Newz – Webkinz Information
Hi FroggyDoodle ,
I have to support you in the fact that rules were laid out before the contest started. I myself noticed the link in the ad on WW and tried to click on it realizing it's not clickable. I decided not to follow up on Webkinz News and had I been living outside Canada, I would have been surprised too.

The truth is that 99,9% people does not usually read official rules of contests generally (not only this one), so nobody from US expected it to happen (well except those residents who are usually excluded anyway). That's why I think that Ganz could promote clearly (not in what we say "small print") that it's only open to Canadian residents. And yet again, Quebec residents could complain that it's not fair to them because they are one of the Canadian provinces.
yaniella is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #115
soebled2
Gift Guru
 
lamb's Avatar
lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I agree. The original advertisements didn't say this. They said to go to the Webkinz Newz for the rules, but then the rules were never posted on the Webkinz Newz. As far as I can tell, the only way to read them is to see one of the advertisements first and click on it.
The most recent ads in WW for the contest, did give a link to where you could view the rules and regulations. I actually did look at them beforehand, but only made a point of noticing that Canada was eligible but failed to notice that only Canada was eligible. So yes, they did make this information available before the contest started, but human nature is that most of us will assume that this is like the contests in the past and it would have been really nice if they'd been very clear that it was only for Canada at this time
lamb is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #116
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru
 
FroggyDoodle's Avatar
FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by janibabes
I have to say that I agree with you there. We have this happen all the time. I have entered numerous contests, promotions, only to get to the bottom where it states.............State, not Postal Code and this contest is open to the continental US only. I have tried to watch online programs that I have missed in Canada, only to find that this program is not available only outside the continental US. I am sure that at some time there will probably be a promotion for our American friends that I am not included in and that is fine with me.

The thing I am having with this is that for some reason it is not showing for me at all. I live in Nova Scotia and as far as I can remember we still belonged to Canada. Unless we were sold to another country to pay for our debt. LOL!! Sorry folks, just hoping to lighten the subject a bit.

I have many friends in other countries and if I could I would send some pixels to you. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the ads either. I am sure that the wonderful guys and gals on here will spread their fortune with their fellow WI members no matter where we live.

Let's please remember not to make this a US and THEM thing!! Good night everyone and God Bless!!

Have a wonderful Easter.
You are too funny!....just to make sure, you are looking in Webkinznews right? I found the ads on the main news page consistently....if that helps.
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #117
Webkinz :)
 
twinkletoez's Avatar
twinkletoez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

I would just like to say that although on WI the Canadian members may not often complain that they are excluded from contests or that certain Holidays' (such as Canadian Thanksgiving) are not celebrated on WW. I belong to a few other Webkinz related forums and I have to say there is A LOT of Canadians who express their unhappiness over GANZ choice not to include them or their heritage. And I fully support and agree with them. I think if a contest excludes ANY Country/Providence then Ganz should just decline to run the contest. Also I really think if they are going to celebrate Holidays, then ALL Holidays from across the world should be incorporated. It would teach our children about other cultures. Wouldn't it build your child's self-esteem and knowledge if the Holidays celebrated were multi-cultural? Just my opinion, thanks for letting me vent
twinkletoez is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #118
countryboy12
Webkinz :)
 
janibabes's Avatar
janibabes will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
You are too funny!....just to make sure, you are looking in Webkinznews right? I found the ads on the main news page consistently....if that helps.
Yup, looking on Webkinznewz, unless they changed that as well. Wouldn't surprize me if they did. I am giving up for tonight. It is almost morning here now and have spent too much time looking at that stupid Diamond Doggy!! Thanks sweetie, hope you have a great Easter.
janibabes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #119
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru
 
FroggyDoodle's Avatar
FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by yaniella
Hi FroggyDoodle ,
I have to support you in the fact that rules were laid out before the contest started. I myself noticed the link in the ad on WW and tried to click on it realizing it's not clickable. I decided not to follow up on Webkinz News and had I been living outside Canada, I would have been surprised too.

The truth is that 99,9% people does not usually read official rules of contests generally (not only this one), so nobody from US expected it to happen (well except those residents who are usually excluded anyway). That's why I think that Ganz could promote clearly (not in what we say "small print") that it's only open to Canadian residents. And yet again, Quebec residents could complain that it's not fair to them because they are one of the Canadian provinces.
I guess they felt that by clicking on the ad in WW and specifically saying to visit that URL for the rules they did their job...but that's Ganz...why change a good thing right......As far as Quebec goes, there are legal issues relating to contests in Canada....here is a little overview...

Many sweepstakes are void in Quebec because the sponsors must follow a stringent set of rules set out by the Quebec government. For example, in order for sponsor to skip the "void in Quebec" restriction, Quebec sweepstakes law requires that the sponsors must do some or all of the following things:
  • Register the sweepstakes rules and all advertisements used to promote the contest with the Quebec government at least 30 days ahead of the sweepstake's launch.
  • Pay a fee of 10% of the sweepstake's value.
  • Agree to allow the government of Quebec to mediate any lawsuits arising from the contest.
  • Follow strict guidelines about the contents of the sweepstakes rules.
  • Allow the Quebec government to determine if the sweepstake may be changed or canceled once it has started.
  • File a written report after the contest has concluded, attesting that the prizes have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • Agree to follow a number of other rules and guidelines. See the Quebec Sweepstakes Laws.
While these laws are intended to protect the citizens of Quebec, they are also a significant burden of money and resources to sweepstakes sponsors, and the consequences for a mistake are severe. Rather than run the risk of facing legal action if these long and complicated rules are not followed to the letter, many sponsors take the easy route of making their contests void in Quebec

View Post Originally Posted by janibabes
Yup, looking on Webkinznewz, unless they changed that as well. Wouldn't surprize me if they did. I am giving up for tonight. It is almost morning here now and have spent too much time looking at that stupid Diamond Doggy!! Thanks sweetie, hope you have a great Easter.
You aren't supposed to look for a diamond doggy, it's a Chipette ad on the side...in the advertisements. You click on the ad and fill out the form that pops up.

Here is a pic...notice the chipette add at the right side...that is what you click on...

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 04-02-2010 at 03:10 AM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #120
I rocks
Gift Guru
 
yaniella's Avatar
yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine
yaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshineyaniella is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I guess they felt that by clicking on the ad in WW and specifically saying to visit that URL for the rules they did their job...but that's Ganz...why change a good thing right......As far as Quebec goes, there are legal issues relating to contests in Canada....here is a little overview...

Many sweepstakes are void in Quebec because the sponsors must follow a stringent set of rules set out by the Quebec government. For example, in order for sponsor to skip the "void in Quebec" restriction, Quebec sweepstakes law requires that the sponsors must do some or all of the following things:
  • Register the sweepstakes rules and all advertisements used to promote the contest with the Quebec government at least 30 days ahead of the sweepstake's launch.
  • Pay a fee of 10% of the sweepstake's value.
  • Agree to allow the government of Quebec to mediate any lawsuits arising from the contest.
  • Follow strict guidelines about the contents of the sweepstakes rules.
  • Allow the Quebec government to determine if the sweepstake may be changed or canceled once it has started.
  • File a written report after the contest has concluded, attesting that the prizes have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • Agree to follow a number of other rules and guidelines. See the Quebec Sweepstakes Laws.
While these laws are intended to protect the citizens of Quebec, they are also a significant burden of money and resources to sweepstakes sponsors, and the consequences for a mistake are severe. Rather than run the risk of facing legal action if these long and complicated rules are not followed to the letter, many sponsors take the easy route of making their contests void in Quebec

You aren't supposed to look for a diamond doggy, it's a Chipette ad on the side...in the advertisements. You click on the ad and fill out the form that pops up.

Thanks for the overview . Well, as everything in today's world, it all comes down to money and legal issues.

I understand the disappointment of everybody who is not able to participate in any contest related to Webkinz but as you said, it's not a biggie for me either. Living outside the U.S., we are used to it. We are disappointed but we brushed it off our shoulder and hope for the next one

I
yaniella is offline Female Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts