Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #91
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

Quote:
As disappointed as I am....If ganz doesn't make this up to us somehow it would be nice if we could figure out a way to have some kind of giveaway ( abiding to WI's rules) to make it up to all the disappointed children who just won't understand why they did this.
A couple of generous members have already contacted me to donate codes. If anyone has extras they would like to donate, they can PM the codes to me here on WI, or they can send the codes via e-mail to Justin at admin@webkinzinsider.com. If you've already got the costumes on your account, you can KinzPost them to WIGIFTZ.

We would be thrilled to receive anything you send. I'm sure we can come up with a good contest to give them away.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #92
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
As disappointed as I am....If ganz doesn't make this up to us somehow it would be nice if we could figure out a way to have some kind of giveaway ( abiding to WI's rules) to make it up to all the disappointed children who just won't understand why they did this.

FroggyDoodle I appreciate your view point on this and applaud your country for never complaining about not being included in things. Maybe had more people known we could have stood beside you in talking to ganz that everyone should be able to participate. I also think that some people take it more seriously than you. Your view point makes sense but how many 5 year old children are going to understand that tomorrow morning? Its easy for you to explain your view point to a group of adults I don't think you'd get the same understanding from a group of disappointed children. Maybe had ganz put a small note on the bottom of this promotion that said (Canada only) or something of the sort they could have prevented alot of this confusion.
I'll play devils advocate....how many 5 year children do you think read the ads on the side of the WW screen?

If 5 year olds are aware of this it would be because their parents told them. I do not know a single kid who reads the ads on the side of the screen. Most people would be aware of this either through Twitter or through WI...and I'm pretty sure they are not 5 year olds....my kids are far older than that and knew nothing about this until I told them....and they are on WW every day.... As well, the rules were specifically laid out...I saw them...I typed that URL link in my address bar...that's why they gave it to us in the ad on WW...if people chose not to go to the URL address that stated those rules and assumed they could enter, well, is that Ganz fault????

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 04-02-2010 at 02:29 AM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #93
ishin I was a gifted
Webkinz :)

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
I just would like to know the reason for not letting the USA participate.

Yes, it's just a bunch of pixels.
But, I've spent over 1,000 dollars on these pixels. I would like to participate in the contests. I'm not going all crazy/psycho on Ganz or anything, I just wish they would realize there are kids in the USA that would like to participate

OMG -- Couldn't of said it better. A big THANK YOU!!!
eeclipse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #94
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I do not like that it is called Discrimination and prejudice when the U.S. customers are excluded....but never once have I seen words like this used by members from other countries who have been in this situation or similar situations many times in the past. This is NOT discrimination and it is NOT prejudice guys....
I feel in a way it is discriminating to us, just my opinion. All countries should be able to enjoy whatever promotion the rest get to be a part of. As for the prejudice.... I was more referring to the person who called us a bunch of spoiled yanks. Just because yank isn't as bad a word as others it was still meant in a derogatory way and I didn't appreciate it. And again, if people from other countries let their voices be heard about things like this that bother them, maybe something could have been done about it.
ilovecats711 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #95
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

It's poor customer service, plain and simple. I'm just glad I don't have to answer phones at Ganz tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #96
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
It's poor customer service, plain and simple. I'm just glad I don't have to answer phones at Ganz tomorrow.
Agreed.

I really do not understand how this contest is any different than the other Click-to-win contests in the past the the USA has taken part of.
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #97
funwithfamily

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

I don't mind a celebration for Canada. But I'm curious if this contest will run again at a future date for other ww members. I tried to look the contest up in webkinz news and couldn't find it... I see no ads and no mention of the contest on webkinz news.
funwithfamily is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #98
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Agreed.

I really do not understand how this contest is any different than the other Click-to-win contests in the past the the USA has taken part of.
That's what I don't get. I'm also upset that the advertisements for the contest said that the rules would be posted on the Webkinz Newz site, and they never were. If it weren't for the fan sites, how many of us would know what was going on? It's only because we have Canadian members who spotted the Webkinz Newz ads that we were even able to view the rules.

*steps off soap box, heading to bed*
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #99
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I do agree with that comment, poor customer service...in the same way that not recognizing Canadian Thanksgiving is poor customer service....but we all know that they will never please everybody...and honestly, poor customer service is a far cry from discrimination or prejudice...or a situation bordering on illegal....or a situation resulting in a march to the office while picking up rocks on the way...I think there are a lot of upset people, but the extremism is actually scary. If people get this incensed over a contest for pixels...well, let me just say, it really is scary!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #100
Is a Romanian

Lydi_10 has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up Re: Official Chipette Contest Rules: Contest for Canadians ONLY

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Ooooh they are going to get a mean phone call from me tomorrow. IT is discrimination. In 2010!!!
I hope you will really do this.You said right: This is discrimination. I cannot call them beacuse I am not from USA.
Lydi_10 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
chipette, i <3 wi!, jenn was here :), rickety wuz here, webkinzrules77 was here, world peace, yam was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: