Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
Gift Guru
samlab25 is just really nicesamlab25 is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: NEWSFLASH: Webkinz Series 2 Trading Card Odds Have Changed!

View Post Originally Posted by charming
thanks for letting us know. Is anyone asking Ganz about this? I think if you buy two boxes that should be more than enough to get the prizes. There is only so much they should expect people to buy.
This is something I'd like to know myself! Did they change the odds since they maybe saw too many people getting the items too quickly? If so, that just seems wrong. I am 26 boxes and countless individual cards and virtual codes is the hole on series 1 and still have yet to unlock the mastercard trophy and window. I am one doodles card short and its making me crazy. I think if you buy that many packs of trading cards, you should be able to unlock the prizes. Frankly, I just don't understand how Ganz can expect us who spent a fortune on tc series 1 and didn't get the prizes to continue to spend on series 2 unless they've truly addressed the issue of making the items too hard to obtain. I bought one box of cards for series 2 after I read about cynalot and I am NOT purchasing any more until this issue is brought to light.

Along those lines, I don't understand why they can't add virtual codes that are more generous from series one when you open the cards you win on the wotm! Why can't they put a doodles card on when you win a pack? I have one tons of virtual packs and NO doodles cards. I was hoping they might make it easier to win that prize by offering more cards to make it easier for those of us who have 1-2 doodles left to open get it on the wotm instead of asking us to purchase more cards.

Sorry for the vent. I'm just fed up with Ganz and their TC expectations at this point. I've spent countless dollars and the least they could do is make it possible to unlock a virtual item that costs them nothing since the programming all already paid for.

Has anyone written them? Talk to them? It seems like if they take back their statement about putting a safeguard in place so you don't unlock duplicates, then they are taking back a promise they made to parents and their children to persuade us to purchase their products. That's definitely not cool, imo.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #22
andy0323
Gifted

andy0323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the information, Justin. Series 2 cards are just hitting the shelves in my area,,, I think I will wait now.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #23
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for the head's up on the card count...was kinda waiting to see if anything would come up. I too was overly excited about the filters by Ganz.
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kinzcrazy
Awww...I was so excited!
Me too! My daughter and I gave up on series 1...and never looked back. When the reports came in this series would be easier, we were so excited. When I told her about this, she was over it pretty quickly. Its not worth it to us. Too much money...too much frustration.

Thanks for the heads up!!
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #25
Gift Guru

horstclan will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much for the information. I knew I should have checked here first. I have opened 46 packs so far and unlocked the challenge cards prize. I have no paw level cards, need 1 card for the snapshots and 5 cards for deck cards ... I have 3 and 4 of some cards already. I don't understand why they want everyone to have to buy so many packs.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #26
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by samlab25
Has anyone written them? Talk to them? It seems like if they take back their statement about putting a safeguard in place so you don't unlock duplicates, then they are taking back a promise they made to parents and their children to persuade us to purchase their products. That's definitely not cool, imo.
i haven't bc i'm paying careful attn to when we unlock the cards. the second that i get a duplicate in any of the "hard to get" sections (before unlocking its prize), i will be calling and then i'll be furious. (somewhere, i have a manager's phone number -- i'll be finding it.) i ONLY started series 2 bc of the creative director's comments on WI and bc Cynalot showed it was true. Since I bought what equates to over 11 boxes just to complete the binder for series 1, I had zero intentions of starting Series 2 without any adjustments.

anyway, somethings up bc several people are getting duplicates -- i just cannot call until i get one. what would i say, "Person A from WI is getting duplicates!" they would say, "well tell Person A to call us and we cannot discuss their account. have a nice day."

we have opened abt 1/3 of a box so not that many cards
RedBear is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #27
For KAF, an angel
Gift Guru

hisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
i haven't bc i'm paying careful attn to when we unlock the cards. the second that i get a duplicate in any of the "hard to get" sections (before unlocking its prize), i will be calling and then i'll be furious. (somewhere, i have a manager's phone number -- i'll be finding it.) i ONLY started series 2 bc of the creative director's comments on WI and bc Cynalot showed it was true. Since I bought what equates to over 11 boxes just to complete the binder for series 1, I had zero intentions of starting Series 2 without any adjustments.

anyway, somethings up bc several people are getting duplicates -- i just cannot call until i get one. what would i say, "Person A from WI is getting duplicates!" they would say, "well tell Person A to call us and we cannot discuss their account. have a nice day."

we have opened abt 1/3 of a box so not that many cards
Keep us updated RedBear. I will be anxious to hear if you get duplicates in the "hard to get" sections. I just ordered a Box of Series II, but I am hesitant to buy any more after reading the latest news.
hisgrace24 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #28
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by hisgrace24
Keep us updated RedBear. I will be anxious to hear if you get duplicates in the "hard to get" sections. I just ordered a Box of Series II, but I am hesitant to buy any more after reading the latest news.
Okay! Alright, we were actually 2/3 of the way through the box (I recounted). I opened the other 1/3 tonight.

Out of one box:

DECK: 76/85 (of course there are several duplicates as they said that there would be bc this is considered "easy")

CHALLENGE CARDS: 15/15. (no duplicates until i had all 15. I have not clicked to open the prize yet for fear that doing so will give me duplicates of the other hard to get sets. It still says "CLICK HERE TO UNLOCK!"

WTALE SHAPSHOTS: 7/8. (no duplicates. did not receive another card after completing the challenge cards)

AT PAW LEVEL: 2/8. (no duplicates. did receive one card after completing the challenge cards and it was not a duplicate, obviously.)

Since I got only one "hard to get" card after finishing the challenge cards, cannot say for sure it won't happen. I'd have to buy more cards to see. Not sure that I want to do that! Although -- I'm wondering if the key is NOT "unlocking" the prize.

and, yes, it's "I" bc son is snoring away!

Regardless, these odds are not good. No, no, no! TWO At Paw Levels in an entire box. That's 2 out of 180 cards or 1% chance of getting an At Paw Level card. That's messed up! BTW -- we got our first At Paw Level card within the first few packs. I didn't get the second one until the last pack. Reminds me of not getting the doodlez cards in an entire box or two or three. I do not have the time, patience or resources to buy another dozen boxes. I only bought these cards bc Cynalot (and a couple of others) unlocked the entire set after only 2 boxes. I feel so unhappy at Ganz. I should have more than 2 paw cards!

Oh and in case you were wondering, I've got more junk from the WShop than I know what to do with. Guess I should start another car room (4 items are from car theme.)

Last edited by RedBear; 01-15-2008 at 12:57 AM..
RedBear is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #29
shaeny
Gifted

shaenysmom will become famous soon enough

we bought 10 packs of series 2 and opened all before the warning. We got codes that gave us a free virtual pack of cards, 338 kc and just secret recipe foods for the other 6 codes. No furniture or posters for all 10 packs!!! I dont think that we will invest anymore in them.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: