Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow NEWSFLASH: Webkinz Series 2 Trading Card Odds Have Changed!

You may remember our first article about the Series 2 Trading Card prizes, where cynalot unlocked all of the Series 2 Prizes with only 49 packs, we've noticed a significant change in the odds. Most people reported, on that day, that approximately 50 packs would unlock the whole set and we had numerous reports ranging from 49-52.

Since then, the odds have changed significantly for the worst. We're not sure if it's a glitch in the programming, but we are urging users to hold off on buying and activating the cards until we figure out what's happened!

We have noticed the trend over the past few days and it is consistent now, with all users. Here are a couple of examples, though we have many reports of the same experience.

One of our members, TTGTTG, has opened 2 boxes (72 packs). With these 72 packs, she unlocked the Deck Prize (Space Shuttle) and the Challenge Card Prize (Series 2 Collector Trophy), but not the other two prizes. Seeing that she opened 20 more packs than many people who completed their sets early on, it's not a good sign.

One of our moderators, Auntkinz, has opened 3 boxes (108 packs). With the 3 boxes, she has completed the Webkinz Deck Cards, the Challenge Cards, and the Snapshots, but is still missing 4/8 of the At Paw's Level cards for the Grand Prize! Seeing as she opened more than double what cynalot opened, she should have easily completed her set.

In addition, we've noticed that one of the major problems was the appearance of duplicates in the harder to get prizes. For the "early openers" duplicates were only found in the Webkinz Deck Cards; the Challenge Cards, Snapshots, and At Paw's Level cards came in one at a time and did not duplicate until the entire collection was complete, allowing users to complete their sets easier.

From the bulletin on Webkinz.Com, we believe that is how it is supposed to work:
"We've added the same collection testing as we have on the Pet of the Month prizes, so you won't get doubles of the hard-to-find inserts until your collection is complete!"

Unfortunately, it appears that the programming is no longer working, or a glitch of some kind has been introduced. Out of Auntkinz's 108 packs, she has 5 duplicates in the Challenge set, and 3 duplicates in the Snapshot set.

Again, we urge you to hold off on buying/activating the Series 2 Trading Cards until this is sorted out and we felt the need to inform our users of the change so that you aren't misled by our first article!

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
fillymare
Gifted

fillymare has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: NEWSFLASH: Webkinz Series 2 Trading Card Odds Have Changed!

Awww.. that stinks! Well, thanks for sharing Justin! Now I know not to buy them (for now at least)

((First post! LOL))

Last edited by fillymare; 01-13-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

Thanks for warning us! 108 Packs! WOW!! I'll buy them, and then hold off on activating. This is the reason WI is here!!
katiepup is offline Female
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Unicorn-girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the update! It's been so frustrating with the series 1 cards, I didn't want to buy anymore. When I read about the positive changes to the series 2 cards, I figured it would make a good behavior incentive for my daughter. I'll hold off until we have more info, though.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by katiepup
Thanks for warning us! 108 Packs! WOW!! I'll buy them, and then hold off on activating. This is the reason WI is here!!
I'd hold off on buying them until we know what's going on. For all we know, this is the way it is going to stay! Just be careful!
Justin is offline Male
Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Alannax0

aww darn. thanks for the warning justin
Old 01-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
Ask! :)
Gifted

midnite95 has a spectacular aura about

That is terrible. I was looking forward to starting an account with my friends so we could split the costs of the trading cards, but now I can't. I am really dissapointed. =(
Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
happy holidays (:
Gifted

dogzrule is just really nicedogzrule is just really nice

Awww really, hmmmmm I'll just buy a figure, are those safe to activate?
dogzrule is offline Female
Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

dangit. i thought 2 boxes was too good to be true. (i believed them, just considered opening 2 boxes straight away with worry that it wouldnt last.)
RedBear is offline Female
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by dogzrule
Awww really, hmmmmm I'll just buy a figure, are those safe to activate?
Yep, activating a figurine is much like activating a regular Webkinz pet
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: