Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow NEWSFLASH: WI Member Activates Webkinz Love Frog and POTM Ribbons Return!!

Click the image to open in full size.

We've just received our first report from a user locating the Webkinz Love Frog! Earlier this evening, a user from our forum sent me a snapshot of her newest Webkinz!

Everyone congratulate her on being the first member to get her hands on this highly-sought-after Webkinz! She lives in Pennsylvania, so it looks like the frogs have landed in the US already!

In other news, the Webkinz Pet of the Month Ribbon is floating through Webkinz World again, only for today, Saturday, December 1st!

I was able to convince her to register it so we can all get a look at an in-game image of her Love Frog, named "Lillian Hopsohigh" standing next to the Love Pond! Here's a picture of the adoption certificate!

Here's a shot of the love pond. If you look closely, you can see the "Heart Shaped Ripples" that the Webkinz Creative Director told us about in our exclusive interview!

Floating Ribbons
At 12:01 AM, December 1st, Ganz surprised us again, by putting the "floating ribbons" back in Webkinz World (shown on the left)!! They are "Pet of the Month ribbons", and are just like the Fall Festival leaves!! When you click on one, you are awarded a "Chocolate Medallion". It's celebrating the change of the new Pet of the Month to the Chihuahua!

There are 3 important discoveries about the "floating ribbons":
  1. They follow the same pattern as the Fall Festival leaves, which is the 'chance every 6 minutes' rule.
  2. You do not have to have a Pet of the Month to get the medallion! Everyone sees the medallions and can get the prize!
  3. This is only for today, Saturday, December 1st. It will not run a week, like Fall Festival. It will probably come back, but who knows when?
Strategy
Of course you want to get as many as you can today, because, as far as wecan tell it's only for today at this point. It is likely to come back in the future, but you just never know. So, here's the strategy, which was developed from the Fall Festival leaf behavior and still holds true for the floating ribbons!!

When you first log in, note the time.
(Thanks to Hamlet from http://ant.igon.us for the observation that the schedule is based on the time you log in)

From then on, you are on a 6 minute time schedule, based on the time you saw your first ribbon. Now,that doesn't mean that you will see a ribbon every 6 minutes, but it does mean you have a random chance of seeing one every 6 minutes, and only during that time. Whether or not a ribbon appears, you will stay on this 6 minute time schedule.

Here's an example: You log in at 10:23 am. From then on, you have a chance to see one every 6 minutes. This would mean you have a chance (but not guaranteed) to see one at 10:29, 10:35, 10:41, 10:47, 10:53, 10:59,11:05, 11:11, 11:17....... and so on, until you log out! Just set atimer to remind you to check your Webkinz World window every 6 minutes and you can do other things while 'waiting'. Also, a behavior observed with Fall Festival is that 'changing rooms or activities' sometimes resets the 6 minute schedule, so you're best off staying in one area!

Here's a picture of what happens when you click it, and a dock image.

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
Has37789
Gift Guru

has37789 is a glorious beacon of lighthas37789 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: NEWSFLASH: WI Member Activates Webkinz Love Frog and POTM Ribbons Return!!

Awsome! First Post!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
princessamelia2005
Gift Guru

princesslizzie81 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NEWSFLASH: WI Member Activates Webkinz Love Frog and POTM Ribbons Return!!

AWWWW...... I can't wait to get the frog!!!!! I love frogs!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

WOW! someone got the ove Frog in November? Lucky! Great to see the Chocolate Ribbons back as well!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
VirgoGirl95

I want a love frog! SECOND POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
karebear33

I WANT THE LOVE FROG SOOOO BAD!! i wish the pictures were bigger..
Old 12-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Flash flood

Thanks again Justin!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
CATS4U

Must...get...Love Frog...
Old 12-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Oh...what a fantastic webkinz. Congrats on your find! I'm so happy you reg'd it so that we could see the pond. What does the PSF look like? What a super name too! Thanks for sharing
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 12-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Gifted

Chibi101 is on a distinguished road

kool! i want the love frog, BUT i guess that means no love puppy. i really wanted that love puppy
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: