Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow NEWSFLASH: Long Downtime in Webkinz World Brings Many Changes!

Well, folks, the long downtime in the middle of the day brought many changes, too many to list in the title!

At this point, here is what we've discovered:
  1. The majority of the Halloween theme has been removed from the W Shop
  2. The picture of the Grey Horse has been changed
  3. There is a new class in the Kinzville Academy
  4. There is new clothing in the W Shop
  5. There are new Pet of the Month Items
  6. Most of the Pinto has been programmed into Webkinz World
  7. New time zone options
Halloween Theme Issues
One of the most worrisome and an highly unpopular and unwelcome change is the removal of the most of the Haunted Theme items two days early. It appears that many people were waiting to buy them on the last day (Halloween) and are upset that they were pulled this evening, October 30th. Here is how the Haunted theme looks now, each of these items says that they will be available until November 14th:

Click the image to open in full size.

[...Continued...]

{mosgoogle center}

Oddly, the current "small news" in Webkinz World says that the theme items will be pulled on November 1st, making us wonder, why were they pulled early?

Grey Horse Picture Changed
As you all remember in our previous article, the Brown Arabian horse in the original news article was clearly not a Brown Arabian horse. It looks like Ganz has changed that Newspaper announcement in Webkinz World and has put the Webkinz Brown Arabian front and center. You can see the two pictures, side-by-side to compare! We're still hoping for a Webkinz Grey Dapple or Webkinz Grey Appaloosa, but who knows?
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

New Class at the Kinzville Academy
Ganz has also added a new class, language, to the Kinzville Academy. Perhaps this new trick will allow our pets to speak, as many have been asking about in the forums.
New Clothes
Paired with the new class in the Kinzville Academy, for those Academy lovers, there are Academy-themed clothes for your Webkinz to wear now! Pictured below are all 8 new articles of clothing: Academy Blazer, Academy Dress, Mary Jane Shoes, Academy Sweater, Kinzville Academy Ball Cap, Kinzville Academy Skirt, Kinzville Academy Slacks, and Penny Loafers.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Pet of the Month News
As you all know, from our article on back in September, the November Pet of the Month is the Webkinz Black Bear. It appears that, in preparation for the new Pet of the Month, Ganz has created two new Pet of the Month Exclusives! There was much speculation as to whether or not new items would be added and this is our answer! The two new items are a Flying Saucer (UFO) and a Steam-Powered Moving Picture Machien (Television)! From the demonstration, the UFO floats off the ground, like the Magic Carpet Exclusive!

Webkinz Pinto
As we reported previously, nannakatina, from our forum is one of the only people to this point to have received and activated a Webkinz Pinto Horse! It was due to a mis-shipment and nannakatina lucked out! Until today, her pet was invisible and she hadn't received her Pet Specific Item and couldn't buy the Pet Specific Food. Today's changes have changed most of that: she can now see and play with her Webkinz Pinto and buy the Pet Food!
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Time Zone Option
We're not sure on the details, but ebenz315, a user in the Webkinz Insider Forums just alerted us to a new feature that appears to have just been introduced: Time Zones!! We have no idea what it does or how it will work, but it's definitely something different, and they list multiple countries on the list. Is Webkinz going global?

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Default Re: NEWSFLASH: Long Downtime in Webkinz World Brings Many Changes!

Thanks Justin, the Time Zone thing looks good for me!

I will adopt a Pet later today and see what happens!
commodore is offline Female
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
Has37789
Gift Guru

has37789 is a glorious beacon of lighthas37789 is a glorious beacon of light

*Sniffles* It wont let anyone adopt a pet! *Sniffles*
Old 10-30-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
abond429
Gift Guru

abond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow lots of changes! The kinzpost letter looks different in your room now and pumpkin soup can be put in fridges now too!

I thought Webkinz already was global. I have a cousin who lives in Scotland who has a Webkinz.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Gifted
Cottoncandy1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks alot Justin. I didn't know anything about the time change. I hope that adopting our new POTM will go smoothly this month.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
babynewyear07

I just adopted my frog and I got the new tv from the pet of the month items and it will NOT let me send it to my other account.....I hope this changes so I can send it soon
Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

the new potm items are soo cool!
Icicle20 is offline Male
Old 10-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #8
Gifted
safari*girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Post Re: NEWSFLASH: Long Downtime in Webkinz World Brings Many Changes!

I just saw the flying saucer in the WShop before coming here. It's sooooooooo cool!!

I hope to get one when I adopt my bear in a few days.

Can't say much for the steam-powered motion picture machine.....what is Ganz thinking????? Duh...........

Now a steam-powered train would have been fun!! One where you could put a Webkinz in each train car....now I'd love that!

:lion::el1::gor::lion::el1::gor:
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Flash flood

Wow, timezones!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru

AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

I am VERY upset about the Halloween theme being pulled early - thank goodness I bought a bunch last night, but I was still planning on buying more today!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: