Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default NEWS: Undersea Porthole Mystery Continues

In the wake of the return of the Undersea Porthole as an Adoption Exclusive, Webkinz Insider members have been getting mixed information from Customer Service Representatives at Ganz. Some Reps are saying that it was a glitch that the Porthole was ever removed and that the glitch was corrected when the Porthole was returned. Others are saying that the Porthole had never been removed from Webkinz World and that all of the Webkinz Fan sites that reported it as "retired" were wrong. Specifically, WI member Jennielou said when she told a Rep that she got her information "somewhere" on the internet that the Rep responded by mentioning Webkinz Insider by name and told her "don't believe anything you read there". Something we have been hearing over and over again from members is that Customer Service Reps are saying that the Porthole is not an "adoption exclusive" and that it is actually a "rare adoption gift". No one has been able to get an answer as to what exactly that means.

The facts we know are as follows:
  • Prior to February 21st, 2008, the Undersea Porthole was listed in the wShop as an Exclusive item, and members were receiving it as Adoption Gifts.
  • On February 21st, 2008, during an unscheduled system maintenance, the Undersea Porthole, Giant Venus Flytrap, and Jelly Lollipop Tree, were removed from the wShop Exclusive item listing. At that time, the Ambulance, Antique Lamp Post, Giant Feather Chair, Giant Sandwich Table, and Webkinz Theme Music Box were introduced.
  • A few days after February 21st, an article ran in the Webkinz Newspaper announcing that the Undersea Porthole and the other two Exclusives had been "officially retired". (a copy of the article can be seen below)
  • From February 21st, 2008, to December 17th, 2008, there were no reports of members receiving Undersea Portholes as Adoption Gifts.
  • On December 17th, 2008, following an unscheduled system maintenance, the Undersea Porthole was once again listed as an Exclusive item in the wShop, it was listed as a available item in the Wish Factory, and members started receiving the Portholes as Adoption Gifts.

At this point we are waiting for Ganz to step forward and set the official story straight.

Click the image to open in full size.
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Talking Re: NEWS: Undersea Porthole Mystery Continues

Is that bad?(First post)

---------- smallmonkey953 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

Oh now I get it!

---------- smallmonkey953 added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

It is bad?Yup.

Last edited by smallmonkey953; 12-23-2008 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: NEWS: Undersea Porthole Mystery Continues

No, it isn't bad or good. It is more of an 'inter-personnel' problem, I think. There is another NEWER Front Page article saying that the Undersea porthole is not supposed to be in the Wish Factory as it is, indeed, retired. So, I say 'Get 'em while they're HOT!'
Here is the latest update about it
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t444314.html
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

We picked up a couple in the wish factory...my kids wanted them for their underwater rooms...we'll see about receiving them as adoption gifts..as we have several, several pets to adopt over the next few weeks..
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

A bit confusing -
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #6

Boogersnotsmom is on a distinguished road

I received an undersea portal in my lil'kinz adoption today.
Boogersnotsmom is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #7

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

This is very interesting because I joined WW right at Winterfest and recieved my under the see porthole in the spring?/early summer with an adoption and it didn't come in the blue box instead showed in the window with the PSF and the PSI and the porthole was the exta. I recieved something else in the blue box.

I don't know if this helps WI's reports or Ganz... would this mean that it's status of being retired was a rumor or fact because of all the conflicting reports and now to add to the confusion...my additional conflicting report? Who is correct

---------- bromsisa added 23 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

I am really unhappy and don't care for Ganz cutting down WI.

The members here at have been more on top of things than they have lately...
Who noticed and corrected Grandma's room entry in the kinzvillenewz contest? They didn't check that is for sure.

WI members look out for one another and help one another,frequently when Ganz doesn't or they are burying their heads in the sands....maybe 's bringing awareness and expecting Ganz to be accountable is a thorne in their side..who knows

WI has all kinds of tips that we all benefit from.

We not only provide one another with tech-like support (like how to get at least 1 balloon dart thrown when the token balloon datrz was done...the hit log out and than chose no tip...and the system let you do it once...1 time is better than the zero they were offering)

But we also provide the human element of support and chatty fun and proving and disproving all sorts of ideas...charm forest breakdowns/Gen Hunt breakdowns/ garden profit breakdowns/etc

I could go on and on about how wonderful and trustworthy WI's info has been and will continue to be.

Also WI generally doesn't have people claiming a thought/feeling as a fact...we state if a particular concept is up for grabs or not. So why Ganz would say don't listen/believe what you read is baffling

Well as everyone can see I am a huge Fan of WI and feel that the members here have the best interest in not just helping other members, but Ganz too.

Ganz may not like it, but at the end of the day.... Ganz does benefit from this forum on more levels than they know!

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-24-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #8

monkeygirl123 will become famous soon enough

hi :gor: i am new to the site and i think they should just leave it there for people who have never gotten one and really want one.
monkeygirl123 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #9

landlover is on a distinguished road

I just got the porthole as an adoption gift today. It must still be not retired.

:abn::clyde::el1::easter:
landlover is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
BuddyGirl3
Gift Guru

KinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud of

It sounds to me like the people working for Ganz aren't on the same page, so to speak. Since they said what they did about WI, I'm wondering if they are saying that because they don't want to look like they don't know what they are talking about to their customers.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: