Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #21
SpottytheDalmatian
Webkinz :)
petshopfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: NEWS: Kinzville Academy Prizes, Smoothie Moves, KinzChat Reporting!

OK so I read this and went back to play Smoothie Moves. Got up to level 22 with 490kc and had to die on purpose and it tells me that it will not give me my kinz cash because I could not possibly have gotten that score????? I thought that you could earn up to 500kc now according to this. I am so mad that I spent all that time for nothing AGAIN! I do not understand why you can't just play the game out until you die instead of having to die so you are not accused of cheating!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #22
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

Thank you Justin for the news... I had a second pet reach level 5 on cooking the other day and wondered why I didn't get my additional griddle. I did the contact us piece and got a very vague e-mail that said "some prizes are only 1 per account," which wasn't really very helpful. Thanks too to kellyschrvr for providing the original information. I considered calling Ganz and just didn't have the time.

I really hope Ganz will read some of this and maybe reconsider that decision.

I have one other question that I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to... what about when you get your academy diploma? Do you get just 1 prize per account, or can you get multiples of that?

Thanks to for your great site and helpful info, and to all the great and helpful members.

Peace,

Jenn (okay... wher'd the whimsy dragon go? I always put it here ???)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
onderful!!! YAY! ran

Stacy.P. will become famous soon enough

Thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooo horible. Can some people contac Ganz to etier give the people their money back and close that class (Bad Idea) OR Give out as many prizes as that person can earn(awesome Idea)
Stacy.P. is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #24
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Why,oh Why..can't you receive more than one academy boxes...per class..the way it was set up,, I understood it to give you a gift every time a pet completed the levels..!!I have spent lots of time and KK sending different pets to the academy to help bring up the total rewards...OK GANZ..this is just not right!! I'm about done..this is just not right!! I lost my FF flooring through a glitch..and was told it just not be replaced..even though..I had purchased your product to be able to access this item..and now..only one per??..After months of promotion..that's crazy!! I'm ready to be done...
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #25
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

I left a comment for Ganz on this tonight. I've been fairly easygoing and not bothered too much by the various glitches in WW and the decisions Ganz makes. But if this is true, it's just too much. It takes too much time, effort, and KC to put multiple pets through the academy. The only thing that makes it worth it is the prizes at the end. They will get a very critical snail mail delivered to the head office if they go through with this decision.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #26
kaycee68
Gift Guru

kaycee has a brilliant futurekaycee has a brilliant futurekaycee has a brilliant futurekaycee has a brilliant futurekaycee has a brilliant future

I agree that this is just terrible! I have15 pets going to the academy. 2 at level 9 and 2 at level 8...all the others are at 5 or 6. I have spent tons of kinzcash getting this far, just so I could get all the gifts you chose from in the gift boxes. I had realized we only got one grill and one beauty vanity but thought that was because you only had to get to level 5 to obtain those prizes. The classes get really hard after level 7, and now I find out it was all for NOTHING! I am so mad about this, ganz has got to be made to see how unfair this is, especially since they didn't inform us of this when they introduced the academy. Please everyone complain to ganz, maybe we can get them to rethink this decision.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #27

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by TNVOLS
Why,oh Why..can't you receive more than one academy boxes...per class..the way it was set up,, I understood it to give you a gift every time a pet completed the levels..!!I have spent lots of time and KK sending different pets to the academy to help bring up the total rewards...OK GANZ..this is just not right!! I'm about done..this is just not right!! I lost my FF flooring through a glitch..and was told it just not be replaced..even though..I had purchased your product to be able to access this item..and now..only one per??..After months of promotion..that's crazy!! I'm ready to be done...
You said it, Melissa !! If I thought there was a way I could get back all of the THOUSANDS of REAL dollars I have spent on this HOBBY, I would walk away right now. Seriously. As it is, I have way too much money, time, energy and effort invested in this HOBBY because I was in it for the long run. I don't know how much more of Ganz's stinginess with the pixels I can take. Like, where ~ ANYWHERE ~ is this posted in Webkinz World about one prize per account per class ??

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is ~ WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE DOES THIS SEND TO THE KIDS (take the adults out of the equation) ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL / CLASSES ??

I'm one of the lucky people who only got 5 pets x 3 classes each mid-way up to Level 4, some only 2 or 3 days away from Level 5. I feel bad for the people who have sent, like, 10 or 15 pets through and are at Level 8 or 9 and are just learning about this. All of that time, effort and KC for NOTHING ~ not even an apology from Ganz for being stupid about this.

NOTE TO GANZ CORP.
Work hard, do well, attend your classes faithfully each day and without question, and when the teacher promises you something wonderful for doing so and you don't get it, oh well. ~ Thanks for letting us know, Ganz. What on this blessed planet do you, Mr. Howard Ganz, President and CEO of Ganz Corp., have to lose by awarding multiple prizes when multiples of the same class are completed ?? These prizes cannot be kinzposted or traded, so why would you want to discourage us so much ?? What money are we taking out of your profit margin ?? These are pixels, Mr. Ganz, not real life items. You are running Webkinz World like a dictatorship. You blew it this time, Mr. Ganz, you really did. You have sent a message to every PAYING member of Webkinz World loud and clear !!

I stand behind every word of this post. I hope enough people read it before it gets deleted and my account banned for voicing my opinion. I make no apologies and, yes, I am mad, frustrated and disappointed ~ not only at Ganz but moreso in myself for having spent so much real money on a virtual hobby. Well, that ain't gonna happen anymore. I'll "play" and deal with what I've got but no more trips to the eStore, my local gift shop or anything else Ganz has to offer. I am no longer a passenger on Ganz's gravy train.

Again, I must say ~
If I thought there was a way I could get back all of the THOUSANDS of REAL dollars I have spent on this HOBBY, I would walk away right now.

PS ~ I thought WW was supposed to be fun ??

Last edited by Auntkinz; 09-10-2008 at 10:51 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #28
Gift Guru

DAKOTA is a jewel in the roughDAKOTA is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
You said it, Melissa !! If I thought there was a way I could get back all of the THOUSANDS of REAL dollars I have spent on this HOBBY, I would walk away right now. Seriously. As it is, I have way too much money, time, energy and effort invested in this HOBBY because I was in it for the long run. I don't know how much more of Ganz's stinginess with the pixels I can take. Like, where ~ ANYWHERE ~ is this posted in Webkinz World about one prize per account per class ??

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is ~ WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE DOES THIS SEND TO THE KIDS (take the adults out of the equation) ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL / CLASSES ??

I'm one of the lucky people who only got 5 pets x 3 classes each mid-way up to Level 4, some only 2 or 3 days away from Level 5. I feel bad for the people who have sent, like, 10 or 15 pets through and are at Level 8 or 9 and are just learning about this. All of that time, effort and KC for NOTHING ~ not even an apology from Ganz for being stupid about this.

NOTE TO GANZ CORP. Work hard, do well, attend your classes faithfully each day and without question, and when the teacher promises you something wonderful for doing so and you don't get it, oh well. ~ Thanks for letting us know, Ganz. What on this blessed planet do you, Mr. Howard Ganz, President and CEO of Ganz Corp., have to lose by awarding multiple prizes when multiples of the same class are completed ?? These prizes cannot be kinzposted or traded, so why would you want to discourage us so much ?? What money are we taking out of your profit margin ?? These are pixels, Mr. Ganz, not real life items. You are running Webkinz World like a dictatorship. You blew it this time, Mr. Ganz, you really did. You have sent a message to every PAYING member of Webkinz World loud and clear !!

I stand behind every word of this post. I hope enough people read it before it gets deleted and my account banned for voicing my opinion. I make no apologies and, yes, I am mad, frustrated and disappointed ~ not only at Ganz but moreso in myself for having spent so much real money on a virtual hobby. Well, that ain't gonna happen anymore. I'll "play" and deal with what I've got but no more trips to the eStore, my local gift shop or anything else Ganz has to offer. I am no longer a passenger on Ganz's gravy train.

Again, I must say ~ If I thought there was a way I could get back all of the THOUSANDS of REAL dollars I have spent on this HOBBY, I would walk away right now.

PS ~ I thought WW was supposed to be fun ??

Although I have not been on WI for quite some time, Ganz's recent stunts have prompted me to come out and voice my opinion alongside my good friend, MysticZon.

WW has continually gone downhill since Christmas of 2007 and there has been no improvement in the stability and functionality of the WW website. We endure glitch upon glitch, day after day and Ganz makes no apologies to us, the loyal and dedicated members of WW. In fact, Ganz has a way in it's mind of justifying all of their bad decisions.

So, in addition to the permanent glitches, recently Ganz decided to revamp the room naming and pet naming and look what a fine job they did of that !! We are now teaching our children how to spell names incorrectly so that the names pass Ganz's new filters. What on earth is so wrong or harmful to want to name your goldfish, Goldie ?? Explain that to me ~ and if Ganz tells me it's because it has the letters GO in it, then I want to know what foreign country where WW is widely available is this a bad word in ?? And while you're explaining it to me, explain it to my 6 six year niece who talked of nothing for a month but the goldfish plushie she finally got yesterday and wanted to name GOLDIE !!!!!!!!

Insofar as the room naming goes, my niece wants to name her golfish's room "Sea World". Well, of course, she can't do that. She wants to put more than one underwater pet in the same room, so calling it "Barney's room" isn't doing the trick. She's upset and I can't explain to her about "bad word" filters when there's nothing bad about the words "Sea World". Ganz has taken the creative ability of naming rooms away from the children and adults who found some pretty crafty ways to name rooms with the old filters they had in place. And why does Ganz have a room naming filter at all ?? Who besides the owner of the account and his/her family will ever really see the names of the rooms ?? I mean if they invite a friend over (and there's a glitch don't get me started on) and the friend sees a room named "Bunny's Pleasure Palace", goes home and tells her mother, then let the parents duke it out and don't punish millions of members because some kids want to be jerks. And, who's to say that to a six year old, "Bunny's Pleasure Palace" is a bad thing ?? She/he doesn't even know the double inuendo implied by such a name.

On the heels of this brilliant decision by Ganz, we find out that for all of the KC, time and effort we have put into the Academy, we are now limited to "x" number of prize pixels per class, per account. It's too much. I am so mad right now, I can't see straight.

And if Ganz thinks adding a feature called Tropical Vacation is going to make up for anything, then they had better start adding to it and making it worth 500 KC (800 KC if you get the ghost), because once you've spun the wheel and got your 15th umbrella hat (and not the tiki torch you keep hoping for even ONE of), went to the Souvenir Shop and bought 3 items (again with the limits) and Rocked the Boat and got yet ANOTHER piece of chocolate or saw the ghost, what else is there to do ?? Kinzchat Plus doesn't appeal to everybody, especially when it is only available from 9:00-5:00 Monday to Friday ~ the time when 90% of members are either at work or in school.

I am now trying to draw my niece away from Webkinz World because it is so disappointing to her and she doesn't understand why Ganz is doing what they are doing. Her mother bought her a goldfish and dolphin yesterday and right off the bat, she can't name her goldfish Goldie and she can't name her room Sea World. I don't blame her. If I can't understand Ganz's reasoning as an adult, then how can I expect my niece to understand ??

I also stand behind every word of this post and, if it gets me banned, then so be it. But someone has to say what a lot of us are really thinking.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #29
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
One of the users from our forum, kellyschrvr, has received a few pieces of information from a conversation with Webkinz customer support.

1) The Kinzville Academy level 10 gift boxes are only 1 per account per class.
Only one of those gift boxes will be awarded per class, even if you have 2 or 3 pets doing the classes, you will only receive the box for the first pet that completes it.

Level 10 Gifts - Are you SURE it's just one per account?

This is a link from a previous post ( by LMPhilbric 07-09-2008 ) that clearly shows Ganz's pop-up stating that EACH PET will get to choose a gift as it completes Level 10.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115616&d=1215606698

Quote:
The prizes are working! I was able to get my Strength prize today. Here is a screenshot of Jags with the prize and the 3 year trophy on it!

Attached ThumbnailsClick the image to open in full size.

What do you think? Who's right? Could Ganz customer service be misleading callers? Or has Ganz changed its mind since LMPhilbric posted this in July?

Arbee is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #30
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Arbee
Level 10 Gifts - Are you SURE it's just one per account?

This is a link from a previous post ( by LMPhilbric 07-09-2008 ) that clearly shows Ganz's pop-up stating that EACH PET will get to choose a gift as it completes Level 10.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115616&d=1215606698

What do you think? Who's right? Could Ganz customer service be misleading callers? Or has Ganz changed its mind since LMPhilbric posted this in July?

I have received incorrect information from a customer service rep in the past. I don't think they would intentionally misleading callers. They believe what they say when they say it; but the information is not always correct. With this information being on the front page of WI, I think it will get the attention of Ganz and if it is not correct, we should find out soon. Let's hope it was just a communication error.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: