Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default New Virtual World from Sony Launches Today -- Free Realms!!

A new front page story has been added:

New Virtual World from Sony Launches Today -- Free Realms!!

Are you looking for adventure, would love to try out the newest interactive social gaming network online and would like to help with setting up guides and building a new community to help out other players? If so, we need your help!

From time to time, the staff is alerted to the existence of new virtual worlds and evaluates their potential. Approximately 10 days ago, I was made aware of a new virtual world called FreeRealms by one of our Twitter followers. They had just started an "open beta" program and a few of us were admitted into the program for testing. We were so impressed with what Sony had done with Free Realms that we knew they had a hit and I have been working on transforming VirtualPetInsider.Com to FreeRealmsInsider.Com.

Click the image to open in full size.

Unfortunately for me, Sony officially launched the site early this morning and FreeRealmsInsider is far from finished! Putting my need for perfection aside, I wanted all of you to know about Free Realms and be members from the very first day!

Free Realms is an amazing environment and has been classified around the industry as a "Webkinz-World of Warcraft-Second Life" combination for players of all ages! The game itself is rated "E for everyone" by the ESRB, and FreeRealmsInsider will operate with the same policies and rules that we have here on WebkinzInsider.Com.

UPDATE -- Before joining, make sure to visit Target for a "FreeRealms Starter Card". TTGTTG found them at her local Target and they're 99 cents! Read the following article for details: Check Target Before Joining FreeRealms -- One Month Premium Membership + Extras for 99 cents!

Read more for an in-game screenshot.

The game operates on a membership model similar to Club Penguin -- a free account that lets you do most things, and a $4.99/mo membership that gives you access to more features, items, quests and jobs.

We want to welcome you to FreeRealms.Com and FreeRealmsInsider.Com! We'll need everyone's help to build up all of the information, hints, guides and tips at FreeRealms Insider. Come help build this new community from the beginning! Hope to see you there!

Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: New Virtual World from Sony Launches Today -- Free Realms!!

That's very exciting! Looks interesting for sure!
Jennielou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
That's very exciting! Looks interesting for sure!
Indeed, a couple of our staff members are highly addicted already!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Indeed, a couple of our staff members are highly addicted already!
Like we need another addiction...LOL Let me know if I can do anything to help! I bet I can't check it out til I get home.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
My Kids are
Gifted

lollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

This looks pretty neat Justin! I think I will check it out to see what it is like. Is this a quest game where you collect stuff to help you with your journey?
lollie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

You can say everything you want? Hmm... I don't know...
Dudeness is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
Just a big
Webkinz :)

nittensthekitte will become famous soon enough

I'm intrigued by this. I went and signed up! However, I am having trouble actually playing. I click on the play now button, where a screen comes up saying that the game will come up in another screen, but nothing ever does.....I was using firefox, so I switched to Internet Explorer hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. Any suggestions?
nittensthekitte is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by lollie
This looks pretty neat Justin! I think I will check it out to see what it is like. Is this a quest game where you collect stuff to help you with your journey?
Yep, exactly!

View Post Originally Posted by Dudeness
You can say everything you want? Hmm... I don't know...
You can type in chat, etc, but it is censored similar to what we do here on WI.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by nittensthekitte
I'm intrigued by this. I went and signed up! However, I am having trouble actually playing. I click on the play now button, where a screen comes up saying that the game will come up in another screen, but nothing ever does.....I was using firefox, so I switched to Internet Explorer hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. Any suggestions?
I have been using IE for it, but I know that others have used Firefox. I know that Chrome won't work with it.

It does take a bit to download the client the first time. Check the help area on the Free Realms site and see if they have any troubleshooting tips (and then report back to us when you fix it!! )
Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I have been using IE for it, but I know that others have used Firefox. I know that Chrome won't work with it.

It does take a bit to download the client the first time. Check the help area on the Free Realms site and see if they have any troubleshooting tips (and then report back to us when you fix it!! )
Oooh thanks for that info! It's funny how we have to use different browsers for different forums/sites...I do at least....I did get signed up on the forum....

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: