Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
imp17
Gift Guru

imp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talent

Default Re: New Product Summary: Kinz Klips, Signature Series, Caring Valley

View Post Originally Posted by ohiowebkinz
webkinz has sunk to low 29 dollars for a more animated pet?!
I totally agree. I can not believe how expensive these things are getting. I am a mother of two children and we have four Webkinz account in a tough economy. How are we supposed to start collecting these new signature pets at $29 bucks a piece. I am not happy with these ones and will probably stick to the original. I mean with $29 bucks you could buy 3 regular little kinz or 2 regular Webkinz and a pack of trading cards. No signature for me or my kids.

View Post Originally Posted by Grammikinz
This is crazy...reminds me of the beanie babies rise and fall...Beanies, buddies, teenies, McDonalds, etc. Part of the fun is the challenge of finding just the right Webkinz pet when you want it. Now they're in Target, Rite Aid, and last week I saw them in the local grocery store! Be careful there, Ganz!
I totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing to myself. They are everywhere and coming out with so many new ones it is extremely hard to keep up. I am a college student graduating in May with a degree in accounting. As Ganz starts adding all these new things so quickly and for such high amounts it is making me analyze my spending. With a degree in accounting I keep telling myself I should know better than to waste so much hard earned money on this stuff. All though it has not stopped me yet considering between our four accounts we have over 300 webkinz pets, and who knows how many packs of cards we have bought. I lost count after 10 boxes.

Last edited by imp17; 03-22-2009 at 10:48 AM..
imp17 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
Mareson is on a distinguished road

A retailer here that I buy my WK from said that we could choose which charitable organization to send the Caring Valley donation to. !! That's cool! I'm sure they'll have some to choose from but it's a nice thing to share with the kids and they can learn a little about charity and these organizations. I think that's a nice idea!
Mareson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
imp17
Gift Guru

imp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Mareson
A retailer here that I buy my WK from said that we could choose which charitable organization to send the Caring Valley donation to. !! That's cool! I'm sure they'll have some to choose from but it's a nice thing to share with the kids and they can learn a little about charity and these organizations. I think that's a nice idea!
Yes I think that is a great idea also. My kids love helping others so as long as the Caring Valley pets are sold at a more affordable rate I am sure we will purchase some of them so they can enjoy helping others. We currently donate all of our webkinz plush toys after we have used the tags to children's hospitals and shelters. We tend to collect to many pets and run out of room for them all. So my children really enjoy getting to take in bags of webkinz to help out. In the future when I am all done with my college education I look forward to donating unused Webkinz with the new tags still intact.
imp17 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #14

dancerboy98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Re: New Product Summary: Kinz Klips, Signature Series, Caring Valley

I like the fact that they are all pandas.
dancerboy98 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
Mareson is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by imp17
I totally agree. I can not believe how expensive these things are getting. I am a mother of two children and we have four Webkinz account in a tough economy. How are we supposed to start collecting these new signature pets at $29 bucks a piece. I am not happy with these ones and will probably stick to the original. I mean with $29 bucks you could buy 3 regular little kinz or 2 regular Webkinz and a pack of trading cards. No signature for me or my kids.

I totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing to myself. They are everywhere and coming out with so many new ones it is extremely hard to keep up. I am a college student graduating in May with a degree in accounting. As Ganz starts adding all these new things so quickly and for such high amounts it is making me analyze my spending. With a degree in accounting I keep telling myself I should know better than to waste so much hard earned money on this stuff. All though it has not stopped me yet considering between our four accounts we have over 300 webkinz pets, and who knows how many packs of cards we have bought. I lost count after 10 boxes.
DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE!

LOL!

We've got to control our actions so they don't become obsessions, compulsive disorders!! My kids are slowly moving away from Webkinz. My oldest told me last summer that she didn't want any more Webkinz and my youngest just informed me last night that she wouldn't mind getting one or 2 for Easter but she really doesn't want to get anymore unless they come out with a specific looking cat!! ? !!lol!

You'll be even more frustrated and angry when your kids tell you they're not into it anymore so make sure you only purchase your favorites and maybe limit your purchases to special occasions or as special awards. My girls were heavy into WK when we had that shortage in '07. Webkinz were $9 or $10 in Sept of 06 when my youngest got her first one. Christmas 06 supply was plenty and my oldest got her 1st. Then Valentines Day 07 (which is when I joined my girls and got myself an account) there was a plentiful supply and the cost was still $9 or $10. But then... the spring of '07 got ugly and it was BAD! The price went up about $3 and some places were charging $18!! The Lil' Kinz now cost what we were paying for the regular sized Webkinz! And, to top it all off, we could find them NO WHERE! It was a like a wildfire! Suddenly, every kid in this area HAD to have a Webkinz toy and account. The craze was pretty much coast to coast by Easter time of 07!

As aggravated as I was then trying to find WK for my girls who wanted them for Easter and for birthday gifts I had promised for special kids in my life it taught me and my girls to just SLOW DOWN! A valuable life lesson. We can't always get what we want. Only get your favorites and if they're not available oh well. I refused to pay the outrageous prices to get the limited items that were available on Ebay. I refused to feed into that. I did bid on the auctions but I never went over the price I would normally pay (including shipping) with the exception of adding about $2 that I would have probably spent on gas to get to a store.

You're smart! Keep remembering, IT'S JUST A TOY!

Try to stay level headed. We can find something else we'll like just as much or we can wait until it finally becomes available. I gave out IOUs to those I had promised Webkinz to. My niece and my youngest daughter were the most patient waiting 3 months for the cow I promised them for Easter!

You're smart to pace yourself on this fad. It can become ugly! Ganz is in this to make money. They're a business. Businesses are supposed to make money. We are the ones that control how much they make. If something is too expensive, don't buy it. Ganz sells 'luxury' items. We don't NEED their products.

You have discipline and self control if you're raising kids and going to college. Good for you! I applaud you! Good for you to have the sense to apply these same great assests to this situation. Don't get yourself upset. It's not worth it. You don't need more stress ! lol!

Best Wishes and Good Luck to you!
Congrats in advance on your college graduation!

sorry for rambling

View Post Originally Posted by imp17
Yes I think that is a great idea also. My kids love helping others so as long as the Caring Valley pets are sold at a more affordable rate I am sure we will purchase some of them so they can enjoy helping others. We currently donate all of our webkinz plush toys after we have used the tags to children's hospitals and shelters. We tend to collect to many pets and run out of room for them all. So my children really enjoy getting to take in bags of webkinz to help out. In the future when I am all done with my college education I look forward to donating unused Webkinz with the new tags still intact.
Wow! You have a GIGANTIC heart too!

You're amazing!

Good luck to you!

Mareson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
Katniss,GirlOnFire

Ginnie98 will become famous soon enough

I like the Kinz Clip panda!!!
Ginnie98 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #17
nanas3k is on a distinguished road

FIA, once again you have been a blessing. Thanks so very much!
nanas3k is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

don't know how much i like the caring valley panda...but the idea is the best one so idk
i really just want the plush of the signature tho...so softlooking!
elladragongirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
abond429
Gift Guru

abond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of light

I like all the new features but why do they all have to be pandas?
abond429 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Unregistered

Smile Re: New Product Summary: Kinz Klips, Signature Series, Caring Valley

I love the signature panda! It's so adorable, so cute! I need it!

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: