Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #111
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Kinectimals Webkinz Video Challenge on Webkinz Newz

Would WI like the plushes and the posters to give away as prizes? I don't think the buddies would be able to be kinzposted though.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #112
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I got...

Black Bear Cub Plushie x5
Polar Bear Cub Plushie
Pet Buddy x2
Paw Print Painting x2
Tiger Club Poster
White Tiger Cub Plushie

I too plan on sharing so our friends that can't do the video can get them as well
dawnscott1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #113
Fallen Angel

punkin55555 is sweet stuff
punkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuff

Thumbs down Re: New Kinectimals Webkinz Video Challenge on Webkinz Newz

I can not find the video
punkin55555 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #114
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
NO Froggy, they DON'T have a choice. I looked it up. They can get fined if they air the commercials. Based on the fact that 'it puts too much stress on children to acquire items'
It also does not allow the child freedom of choice. Basically they state that with such a bombardment of advertising that a child can be swayed and that is what they are trying to get away from.
It also has to do with the 'timing' of the advertising as well.
There are dozens of other references aimed at protecting the vulnerable minor.

The Code’s 14 provisions deal with various issues related to responsible advertising practices, including:
  • Comparison Claims
  • Factual Presentation
  • Safety
  • Product Prohibitions
  • Avoiding Undue Pressure
  • Scheduling
  • Promotion by Program Characters, Advertiser-Generated Characters, and Personal Endorsements
  • Social Values
2. Jurisdiction

All Children's advertising must conform to the Children’s Code, be precleared in accordance with the procedures set out from time to time by ASC and have the requisite ASC clearance number.

7. Promotion by Program Characters, Advertiser-Generated Characters, and Personal Endorsements

(a) Puppets, persons and characters (including cartoon characters) well-known to children and/or featured on children's programs must not be used to endorse or personally promote products, premiums or services. The mere presence of such well-known puppets, persons or characters in a commercial message does not necessarily constitute endorsation or personal promotion. (For example, film clips or animation are acceptable as a mood or theme-setting short introduction to commercial messages before presenting the subject of the commercial message itself.) These puppets, persons and characters may not handle, consume, mention or endorse in any other way the product being advertised.
(b) This prohibition does not apply to puppets, persons and characters created by an advertiser which may be used by advertisers to sell the products they were designed to sell as well as other products produced by the same advertiser or by other advertisers licensed to use these characters for promotional purposes.
(c) Professional actors, actresses or announcers who are not identified with characters in programs appealing to children may be used as spokespersons in advertising directed to children.
(d) Puppets, persons and characters well-known to children may present factual and relevant generic statements about nutrition, safety, education, etc. in children's advertising.

6. Scheduling

(a) The same commercial message or more than one commercial message promoting the same product cannot be aired more than once in a half-hour children's program. In children's programs of longer duration, the same commercial message or more than one commercial message promoting the same product must not appear more than once in any half-hour period.
(b) No station or network may carry more than four minutes of commercial messages in any one half-hour of children's programming or more than an average of eight minutes per hour in children's programs of longer duration.
(c) In children's programs, only paid commercial messages are included in the four minutes per half-hour limitation. Promotions and public service announcements may occupy the time difference between the Code limit and the CRTC regulation limit. Broadcasters will, however, consider the appropriateness of the content of public service announcements before scheduling in children's programs.
(d) For the purposes of this section, the time devoted to the broadcasting of a children's program includes any time devoted to a commercial message that is inserted within the program and/or immediately adjacent to the end of the program and also includes any time devoted to a child-directed commercial message inserted between the end of the program and the beginning of the following program.
Dixie, I totally understand the legal argument you are presenting....where I say Ganz has a choice is in this way....

They DO NOT have to run a promo at all that is not completely inclusive. Everyone would have been tickled pink with the promo excluding any prizes from an ad....they did not have to add that one particular part of the promo which excludes...only include all that is inclusive. That is where Ganz made a choice...they chose to run a "Click to watch and win ad" that is exclusive...in conjunction with everything else involved in the promo. Why not run an ad that has nothing attached to it...just run the part of the promo that does include everyone...that is where Ganz has a choice...To run it with exclusions or not run it at all with prizes attached.
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #115
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Gotcha Froggy, I know what you are saying. Why have a promo at all? Right?
Dixiecup is online now Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #116

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I can't get my plushy to stay by my pet like a zumbuddy.
tarabella9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #117
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

Seems Ganz doesn't like European customers either... but well, the promotion ís cute. I hope people will get to enjoy it!
Nakisha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #118

Iggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Oh gosh. Even though I'm in the U.S., I think I'm going to take a pass on this promo. I don't like that it leaves out a large portion of the members. Just my own personal choice.
What if you did the promotion but donated the winnings to people from other countries that can not do it. I know it may be hard to match up with someone in that situation since we can not share the info here.

Is it the accounts or the locations where they are being connected to? For instance if your account is from overseas, can someone in the US do it for you? I know not everyone knows someone in the US, and we are not allowed to offer to do it on here, I am asking the legistics of it as far as if it would work.

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
Dixie, I totally understand the legal argument you are presenting....where I say Ganz has a choice is in this way....

They DO NOT have to run a promo at all that is not completely inclusive. Everyone would have been tickled pink with the promo excluding any prizes from an ad....they did not have to add that one particular part of the promo which excludes...only include all that is inclusive. That is where Ganz made a choice...they chose to run a "Click to watch and win ad" that is exclusive...in conjunction with everything else involved in the promo. Why not run an ad that has nothing attached to it...just run the part of the promo that does include everyone...that is where Ganz has a choice...To run it with exclusions or not run it at all with prizes attached.
If the click to win ad was located at the parent side of the Newz site, would everyone in other countries be able to participate too? (I have skimmed some of the discussion, so I am sorry if this has been addressed.) Some of what I read had to do with restrictions in advertising to children. I am sure kids can find their way to the parent side, but the side is directed to the adults and you are supposed to agree you are over 18 to do those contests. Would that be a way for Ganz to get the prizes to everyone willing to go find them on the Newz site?

Last edited by Iggy; 11-17-2011 at 05:13 PM..
Iggy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
Savanna789

webkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossible
webkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossible

cool...
webkinzrock474 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #120
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Iggy
What if you did the promotion but donated the winnings to people from other countries that can not do it.
I'd be happy to donate the prizes to WI. I just don't think the 'buddies' are able to be donated though.The art posters and the plush prizes might be possible. I'd give those away to this site to help make things fair.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: