Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #101
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: New Kinectimals Webkinz Video Challenge on Webkinz Newz

View Post Originally Posted by Robmomm
Can we please post this info on the front page? Every time one of these promotions happens people bash Ganz.........yes, I understand you are frustrated, but companies do have to follow the rules. I think all of our members need to know that Ganz has no choice about these promotions and that they are not excluding their customer base on purpose.
Please remember....they do have a choice...they have a choice to run a promo that is all inclusive or to only run those portions of it that are inclusive...there is a choice in this that Ganz does make every time...and they seem to choose the option of run it and exclude...Nobody would miss what wasn't there in the first place....just my 2 cents!...and now everyone will get mad at me for saying don't run the promo's...but that feeling you get for me saying it...well, that's how non U.S. citizens feel each and every time. Why run something on your site unless everyone can play??? Simple question...and simpler answer...DON'T DO IT!

I've never seen WI make the decision to run a contest for only those located in the U.S...and why not...because they know it's wrong...Ganz doesn't realize that!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #102
joi
Webkinz :)

joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
You are right Joi...unfortunately it always seems that everyone outside the U.S. is repeatedly in a position where they have to give something up to get something that was free....and for me, that's part of the problem!
You're right, Froggy, and I feel really bad for all of you

Hopefully you will find some good traders that will take another free promo item for one of these prizes.
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #103
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

NO Froggy, they DON'T have a choice. I looked it up. They can get fined if they air the commercials. Based on the fact that 'it puts too much stress on children to acquire items'
It also does not allow the child freedom of choice. Basically they state that with such a bombardment of advertising that a child can be swayed and that is what they are trying to get away from.
It also has to do with the 'timing' of the advertising as well.
There are dozens of other references aimed at protecting the vulnerable minor.

The Code’s 14 provisions deal with various issues related to responsible advertising practices, including:
  • Comparison Claims
  • Factual Presentation
  • Safety
  • Product Prohibitions
  • Avoiding Undue Pressure
  • Scheduling
  • Promotion by Program Characters, Advertiser-Generated Characters, and Personal Endorsements
  • Social Values
2. Jurisdiction

All Children's advertising must conform to the Children’s Code, be precleared in accordance with the procedures set out from time to time by ASC and have the requisite ASC clearance number.

7. Promotion by Program Characters, Advertiser-Generated Characters, and Personal Endorsements

(a) Puppets, persons and characters (including cartoon characters) well-known to children and/or featured on children's programs must not be used to endorse or personally promote products, premiums or services. The mere presence of such well-known puppets, persons or characters in a commercial message does not necessarily constitute endorsation or personal promotion. (For example, film clips or animation are acceptable as a mood or theme-setting short introduction to commercial messages before presenting the subject of the commercial message itself.) These puppets, persons and characters may not handle, consume, mention or endorse in any other way the product being advertised.
(b) This prohibition does not apply to puppets, persons and characters created by an advertiser which may be used by advertisers to sell the products they were designed to sell as well as other products produced by the same advertiser or by other advertisers licensed to use these characters for promotional purposes.
(c) Professional actors, actresses or announcers who are not identified with characters in programs appealing to children may be used as spokespersons in advertising directed to children.
(d) Puppets, persons and characters well-known to children may present factual and relevant generic statements about nutrition, safety, education, etc. in children's advertising.

6. Scheduling

(a) The same commercial message or more than one commercial message promoting the same product cannot be aired more than once in a half-hour children's program. In children's programs of longer duration, the same commercial message or more than one commercial message promoting the same product must not appear more than once in any half-hour period.
(b) No station or network may carry more than four minutes of commercial messages in any one half-hour of children's programming or more than an average of eight minutes per hour in children's programs of longer duration.
(c) In children's programs, only paid commercial messages are included in the four minutes per half-hour limitation. Promotions and public service announcements may occupy the time difference between the Code limit and the CRTC regulation limit. Broadcasters will, however, consider the appropriateness of the content of public service announcements before scheduling in children's programs.
(d) For the purposes of this section, the time devoted to the broadcasting of a children's program includes any time devoted to a commercial message that is inserted within the program and/or immediately adjacent to the end of the program and also includes any time devoted to a child-directed commercial message inserted between the end of the program and the beginning of the following program.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #104
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Oh gosh. Even though I'm in the U.S., I think I'm going to take a pass on this promo. I don't like that it leaves out a large portion of the members. Just my own personal choice.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #105
Dollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonderDollspace wows us all with wonder

I am still cranky about the Stoogles and Adventure Park outfits that we will never get to complete so I am very sympathetic to those who can't participate. But why can't Ganz make the ad available on the Parents site if the laws prohibit them on a children's site. If they had it both places, couldn't non-US parents go watch it and win the prizes for their kids accounts? Can we also donate extras to WI for a contest like our Canadian friends have done for us? I guess that wouldn't work for the buddies though.
Dollspace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #106
joi

View Post Originally Posted by Dollspace
I am still cranky about the Stoogles and Adventure Park outfits that we will never get to complete so I am very sympathetic to those who can't participate. But why can't Ganz make the ad available on the Parents site if the laws prohibit them on a children's site. If they had it both places, couldn't non-US parents go watch it and win the prizes for their kids accounts? Can we also donate extras to WI for a contest like our Canadian friends have done for us? I guess that wouldn't work for the buddies though.
That is a great idea! We have 4 accounts and will have plenty of duplicates when this is over, so I'd be very happy to donate to WI.
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #107

karla14 is a jewel in the roughkarla14 is a jewel in the rough

aw i hope they do one for canada too
cute prizes and LOVE the pet buddy
karla14 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #108
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by joi
That is a great idea! We have 4 accounts and will have plenty of duplicates when this is over, so I'd be very happy to donate to WI.
THIS is the true spirit of
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #109
fluffyscarlett

fluffyscarlett is on a distinguished road

I DONT LIKE THIS THING AT ALLL!!!!!!!!! the reason why i don't LIKE it is because I live in CANADA and NOT the usa. so can not do this at all. i don't like ganz anymore for doing this and I can not get that stuff at all and they are only here for a limited time only!
fluffyscarlett is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #110
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks so much for the update...WI members have always looked after each other when some were excluded from promotional items...as long as it's postable....we'll be happy to donate so other members can enjoy the plushes and artwork...and we have 11 accounts..so maybe we can help each other out again!!
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: