Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #81
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I don't think so because its not for the same service that was purchased.
crazygirl024 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #82
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Is Automatic Renewal even Legal??? I mean as the default.

I know it's not any more for cable companies here.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #83
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!

Thanks Jarrah, I'm going to head on over to the estore and change that now before time passes and I forget about it.

Canon-I'm not sure.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #84
i'm extra specially
Gifted

mom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to behold

i agree this is a bad move for ganz, i like the perks of the deluxe membership but not enough to pay that much more for it.
i know ganz sees the value of adding these things and people keep buying them whether it be adults who are into webbies or parents for their kids or some things for the whole family, webkinz was supposed to be for kids, what kid can afford to spend that much. we get lured into adding extra accounts and fun items and then keep investing more cause we have already put in so much time and money but they just keep going for more.
i seriuosly hope they reconsider this
mom2ba is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #85
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
Is Automatic Renewal even Legal??? I mean as the default.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they can automatically renew our existing memberships if it wasn't in the membership agreement when we signed up. I was told that they don't keep our credit card information (well, that was way before yesterday).

I am not sure if it is legal to only offer an automatic renewal without also offering a one-time option. I don't think it is right to not offer a one-time yearly option. I guess I will use a credit card that expires before the year is out! I guess I don't trust them holding onto my credit card info for the year!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #86
Team Bella !!!
Gifted

bluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clown

Thumbs down Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I do not like the retiring of the family membership pkg at all, not one little bit - I think it stinks & that Ganz should have given us some warning & allowed us the option to renew it early. I have a family of 4 who have webkinz accounts & our deluxe memberships and I gave one to my stepdaughter and they expire this summer. I am not gonna pay $48 and not even get a deluxe gift box or estore points. I also don't want to pay $45 for just one account b/c then everyone else in the house would whine.

No thanks - this really is just an awful deal for people with a family who are already used to have all the deluxe perks, they should at least have had a "grandfather clause" so that people who already had family deluxe memberships could renew but not offer it to new deluxe customers or something. I would even mind if they raised the price like $10 or so for the family plan - but no family options stinks, stinks, stinks.

BTW, as far as extra daily things, I have noticed they give less and less free items (not counting food items) and the deluxe prize machine doesn't have many decent prizes & it is very rare - on 4 accounts for almost a year, I have only won 2 chandeliers & a handful of disco jackets. So not so great a prize machine. The wheel is a little better the kc amounts are greater and the odds of getting one the special prizes are better.

Anyhow, I love my webkinz & I appreciate WI for sharing the info but I am not happy with the new change Ganz has made regarding deluxe membership options.
bluedollymama is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #87
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

I looked at my estore account and can't find where to cancel the renewal. I did however find my credit card info, so I know they can access it if they choose to.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #88
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I looked at my estore account and can't find where to cancel the renewal. I did however find my credit card info, so I know they can access it if they choose to.

I just looked at my account too. I don't have a place to cancel. I also don't see my credit card info. I "renewed" my deluxe memberships in March. Did you just get your deluxe membership today/yesterday? If not, what section did you see your credit card info in? Was it under "edit account"?
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #89
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I can find any place to change the terms either.... definitely NOT happy.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #90
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal

I just looked at my account too. I don't have a place to cancel. I also don't see my credit card info. I "renewed" my deluxe memberships in March. Did you just get your deluxe membership today/yesterday? If not, what section did you see your credit card info in? Was it under "edit account"?
No I renewed March 12. I saw my credit card info where it lists my previous purchases. It did have the first few number's x'd out but would that matter?
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: