Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #71
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added

I agree with hiphopten the name of this thread and the explanation on the front page need to be updated, instead of applauding Ganz for this $2 option it certainly needs more so to be mentioned about how all of the Family Deluxe members just got axed with no warning and for no reason other than greed on Ganz's part.

View Post Originally Posted by sindarin
i apologize....i didn't think clearly on my math skills above. it would be cheaper per year - 12 months x 2 = $24.00 than the full $45.00. So, with one deluxe account up front, i am actually paying more than $2.00 (go figure...)???

Because you get monthly estore points and a monthly prize box containing a special clothing item, a random prize and a wish token. Those items are why you are paying more, because the estore points alone add up to $36 a year. For this $24 a year, you get none of that, so it is not worth it.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #72
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by sindarin
i apologize....i didn't think clearly on my math skills above. it would be cheaper per year - 12 months x 2 = $24.00 than the full $45.00. So, with one deluxe account up front, i am actually paying more than $2.00 (go figure...)???
No worries!

If you got the $2/month Membership, you wouldn't get the gift box every month (wish token, deluxe clothing item, random item); and you wouldn't get the eStore points.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #73
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
A new front page story has been added:

New Deluxe Membership Option Added

Ganz seems to have been listening when the members asked for a cheaper version to reap the benefits of a Deluxe Membership. They have added a new option of $2 a month. This new option will allow the Webkinz World member to have access to the extra items in the Curio Shop, Bonus Jobs & Classes, more Daily Activities, and other features like the customizable chat balloons.
Remember that the monthly giftbox and estore points come with the 3,6 or 12 month options.
That sounds very interesting!!! Call Ganz if you are not happy.
Ask for the manager.

Last edited by canonymous; 04-27-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #74
WebkinzMom1028

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

Oh boy....Like others have said, just when you think Ganz couldn't get any greedier guess what surprise, surprise!

I just renewed my family membership a couple weeks ago, but as many others have said. When this membership runs out no more deluxe for my daughter and I. I'm also considering cutting way back on my estore purchases.I spend way to much money in there as it is, you messed up big time Ganz. You will loose a small fortune from this mom also.

I agree with another member in an earlier post, I am so sick of the food from the deluxe wheel and prize machine. And don't get me started on the Magical forest and all the food, sap glop, and seed pods that I constantly receive. I just don't know what they were thinking, but with some of the things they have done lately I guess I shouldn't be surprised!! Sorry I'm just another angry parent!!!
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #75
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

If you aren't happy, Here is the contact info from the WNewz Page:

I need more help, can I speak to someone at Ganz eStore?
Absolutely! Ganz eStore Customer Support will be happy to help you by email at ganzestorecs@ganz.com or by phone at 1-888-818-8770 from the US and Canada. Office hours: 9am - 6pm EST, Monday through Friday
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #76
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I posted this on the Deluxe thread but thought that I would ask here also. Does everyone show that they are set up to be automatically renewed? I just bought another Family Deluxe membership a couple of weeks ago because ours was about to expire, Now all 5 accounts show that they are set up to be automatically renewed. Do they think they are going to charge me 5 times come next March?
Click the image to open in full size.
crazygirl024 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #77
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

I think Ganz customer service is going to be busy tomorrow...this is not a good change at all. No warning...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #78
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

For our family this means the end of deluxe. Five accounts at 45 are $9 per year each - compared to $24 a year. Thank goodness I renewed last week - one more year and then we let will letting most of our accounts expire and all of them end their deluxe.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #79
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

Is Automatic Renewal even Legal??? I mean as the default.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #80
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I posted this on the Deluxe thread but thought that I would ask here also. Does everyone show that they are set up to be automatically renewed? I just bought another Family Deluxe membership a couple of weeks ago because ours was about to expire, Now all 5 accounts show that they are set up to be automatically renewed. Do they think they are going to charge me 5 times come next March?
Thanks for theheads up. This is what the terms now say:

Your Deluxe Membership will automatically renew for an additional term of equal duration to the Original Term (each a "Renewal Term") at the end of the Original Term and each preceding Renewal Term unless you have configured your Account profile to not renew membership or Ganz changes the terms of membership and/or increases the price of a membership purchased by you from the eStore. The cost of renewing your Deluxe Membership will be charged to your credit card on file. If you do not want your Deluxe Membership to renew automatically, simply de-select the automatic renewal box in your Account profile.

Ganz will send you an email reminder thirty (30) days prior to the end of the Original Term and each Renewal Term related to your membership. If the terms and conditions of membership have changed and/or Ganz has increased the price of the membership purchased by you from the eStore, you will be provided with the details of available renewal options. If you have configured your Account profile to not renew your membership you may change your mind and select automatic renewal at any time prior to the expiration of the Deluxe Membership term.
Jarrah is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: