Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #761
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
Angry mob, Amused by the dissapointment of others, Looking down on others, Used to being in a minority?

I have no idea what you are basing all this negative commentary on, but I have seen nothing of what you are accusing. We are a community of Webkinz players that come here to chat, share tips on games, keep up to date on upcoming events, share what we win, etc. and yes, as part of a community we voice our complaints as well.

I have never ever looked down on ANY member of WW or WI and have never seen anyone ELSE here do so. If, as you say, you have read all these posts, you see a common theme, that most simply cannot afford to pay the higher prices and are very upset that so many children will be dissapointed by this latest change. That is not looking down on others.

When the Canadians had access to the Chipmunk costumes, they shared their concerns with Ganz and helped those of us who couldn't, get a costume for free.
Likewise, in this situation, those who can afford Deluxe, are sharing their concerns with those who can't by taking a stand alongside them. If Ganz chooses to listen and make changes, it IS a victory for everyone, not just Deluxe members. It shows Ganz that we will only put up with so much before saying enough is enough. This benefits ALL WW members. The more Deluxe members there are, the easier those without accounts can get the items in trade that they otherwise would never have a chance to get.

I can't tell you how many folk's here get their greatest pleasure in being able to help out others. Far from being an "angry mob", I see it as a community united, not divided. If the changes are made because we sucessfully came together in sheer numbers, and stood firm in our resolve to influence Ganz, then yeah, I will be very happy, for ALL.

As for those who say they will never buy from the estore again, give people a little breathing room here. Emotions are running high right now and they or may not decide to return after cooling down, and seeing changes are made, and there is nothing wrong with that. This site allows us to share our feelings and I think the overall support I have seen here has been just one more testimony to fact that WI is wonderful place to be.

(As to your last post, could you point out where you saw ANYONE bragging about Ganz latest message? All I have seen is either gratitude, or guarded skeptism. I think these labels you keep tossing out are really unfair.)
Thank you, I couldn't have said any of that better myself!
Aries962 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #762
Webkinz :)

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

WOW things are getting ugly here. I am done with this topic. People should be nice to each other. We were taken advantage of and so were our children. Remember the children?
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #763
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by yaelhkr
They said is:

About the Family Deluxe Membership. We've heard you and are working on a new option for parents with multiple kids.

We will know that they mean it only when/if we see the new option.

To all of you out there even if you have only one kid or realy want the super exclusive item.
Please don't buy a deluxe membership until they make a fix. I belive that is the only way they will hear us for sure.
I agree yaelhkr, and won't renew my retiring account until I actually SEE the change put in place.
mulberry59 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #764
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are making a new thing HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #765
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by junebugwebkinz
WOW things are getting ugly here. I am done with this topic. People should be nice to each other. We were taken advantage of and so were our children. Remember the children?
I do believe that is what finally did it for most of us. It's no biggie for most adults to buy their own single account, or just walk away all together, but seeing so many children now being cut off due to the price increase, has affected all who are parents. I do hope Ganz keeps this in mind and makes the changes quickly.

Last edited by mulberry59; 04-29-2010 at 11:43 PM..
mulberry59 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #766

wrstrong is an unknown quantity at this point

Lightbulb Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I have been sitting back waiting for Ganz to come to their senses and have seen NO sign of such. It's one thing to take advantage of an adult who should know better; however, when they targeted these same adults by going THROUGH their children, that's what did it for me.

I have done some research, found some appropriate emails and have sent this letter (some portions removed, for privacy) to all of them. I will continue to help dig through this situation until what's fair is fair for everyone. Obviously, what we've been doing is starting to make a dent in big, bad Ganz. If we keep up the current pressure and turn up the heat more and more every day, they'll come to their senses. They'll have NO choice when it's their profits that are on the line.

Quote:
Pardon the interruption that this email might cause; however, there are issues that NEED to be addressed immediately and I have tried to get in touch with the powers that be in order to lend my thoughts as a customer only to be ignored. Please read on.

I am an individual who's family has spent pretty close to $10,000.00 American dollars over 2 years in your company's merchandise.

A few days ago, your organization has decided to make some changes in regards to the eStore family deluxe memberships which really made me stand up and re-evaluate my family's relationship with your organization.

We had been purchasing our family deluxe membership at the rate of $45.00. The change was made to eliminate that ability and only have individual memberships at the rate of $45.00 each. (This is but one example of the pricing problems that the eStore is currently causing.)

The way that Ganz handles the eStore pricing is TERRIBLE for several reasons:

1) It looks like Ganz is only interested in grabbing as much money as they can. (When you consider that the eStore items are NOT giving any physical items and that when you go to the store and buy a regular webkinz, lil' kinz, Signature, Endangered Signature, etc... you do have a physical item, that means the price for ANYTHING that is only digital should be MUCH lower, not only slightly cheaper than the plush pets with a code.) The fact that everything that is on the eStore available for sale being priced so high verifies this.

Solution: All PLUSH pets should be at their regular prices. All eStore items should
be at a GREATLY reduced price based upon the fact that there are NO physical
items being delivered.

2) The family deluxe membership was $45.00 for the year and you would get up to 5 family members on the same membership package. With that membership level being eliminated, families that have more than ONE member are getting ripped off. (For example: My family has 6 members (one family member can not get a deluxe membership.) With the family deluxe membership, it's only $45.00; however, if we get each individual member a deluxe membership, we'd be paying a whopping $270.00! Please explain to me how THAT is making things more economical for the members.) The math that I have just done here verifies this.

Solution: Make the family membership have a prerequisite of having a minimum
number of family members signing up at one time in order to be receiving a
family membership. For 2 to 3 member families, charge a rate of $40.00 for
each person. For 4-5 member families, charge a rate of $30.00 for each person.
For 6 and up member families, charge a rate of $20.00 for each person. Also,
make an incentive program that renewing memberships get a 10% - 20%
reduction on renewal pricing. Thiswould make it more worthwhile for families to

3) By NOT keeping the family membership and continuing to charge the high rates within the eStore itself, Ganz will be losing a TON of sales because we who are spending our hard-earned money are making businesses who aren't doing that much work or not providing appropriately-valued products and/or services will decide to NOT spend our money on products such as these.

Solution: Make an eStore (online-only) version of each and every pet that was
ever created (even as a plush) constantly available on the eStore with all of
the items/foods/etc.. that normally came with that pet at a price of no more
than $5.00 each. This is because there is NO physically hand-created plush
toy given with the purchase. Would YOU like to pay a high amount of money
for something that you can't even hold? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Ganz should consider the fact that even though parents are usually the ones making the purchases, the average member in Webkinz World is school-aged-children who are saving up their allowances to purchase a pet from your organization. Is it acceptable to teach the future of our world that it's OK to handle business in this way? We should all be about the children. It's the children who are the future of our world! Isn't it about time that a company who has made a fortune off of the allowances of the young start teaching proper lessons to their customers by NOT trying to get rich; meanwhile, the children are the ones that suffer?

I can promise you that if these concerns aren't properly addressed and corrected, my family (at the very least) will be reconsidering the amount of money we send Ganz' way (which is averaging about $5,000.00 American each year at the present time.) I will also be putting our plus pets online for sale as they are just cluttering up our house. Can Ganz afford to have every parent say that? What about if the children decide to NOT save up their allowances buying your products and NOT use their imaginations and their sense of fair play? Can our world become a better place with that going on?

I have contacted the eStore support staff and also the customer service telephone numbers only to get absolutely nowhere.

Please contact us and let us know what you are going to do so that we will then know what we have to do.

Sincerely,

XXXX

ps. As I am not only informing everyone of the problems; but also making possible suggestions as to how to correct the issues, I would appreciate it if you would respond to me directly in regards to this situation so that I may contact the other disgruntled parents whom are affected by this situation.

pps. If you don't believe that this issue is real, please view this thread on an independent website for fans of Webkinz: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...family-619949/

Please do something like this to the powers that be. I can give you some appropriate emails or you can dig on the internet. They're all there for the searching.

Keep up the pressure! They'll give in before I do, I can promise you that.
wrstrong is offline Male
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #767
StarWhispers

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
In the end it will all come down to economics - when Ganz first opened the estore with crazy prices I figured no one would buy there - but then smart folk that they were they started Deluxe accounts with points - and soon people were tempted..

They are betting that we will want our "deluxe" fix so badly we'll be willing to pay crazy prices for it and there is only one way to prove them wrong!

This may also drive more people to other, less expensive, websites. My kids love club penguin but I have resisted a paid membership there because the deluxe family account gave me a less expensive option - but now I think I'd rather let them play over there.

Ganz needs to pay attention to the lessons from Toyota - you can have a very loyal customer base but one big goof is all it takes to send them away in hordes.

Imagine all the wasted effort on "feel good" WK day stuff that is going down the drain because so many customers are very very angry. We will not be spending any real $ on WW this weekend - because I know that a year from now it will all be gone.
All of my children enjoy the plush toys. We have four rooms full of webkinz. I think on all of our accounts collectively we have well over 280 virtual webkinz. And most of those are on my eldest sons account who has had them since 2006. My children have not even used most of the codes that are on every webkinz they have. This is not including the hundreds of webkinz I had purchased for my nieces and nephews birthday parties. Or my children's school buddies. I have receipts that add up to over nine hundred dollars spent on webkinz. That is just for 2009 alone. I have already spent well over one hundred dollars on webkinz and their clothing in 2010. Oh and that is not including the items I bought from the estore and the deluxe accounts. But when my little ones told me they wanted more webkinz for their rewards on chores and homework. I said they will have to pick something else. I will buy nothing until Ganz gets their priorities straightened out! And I keep my promises.
StarWhispers is offline Female
Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #768
Soapie0

Soapie0 will become famous soon enough

I only read the first page of posts, so I don't know exactly what's going on - but we're discussing Ganz here and their membership options. I don't know what's causing everybody to yell at everybody else.

We have four kids that are on the family deluxe membership. If that plan increases we're not staying.

Wow! How simple that statement was - and with no malice!
Soapie0 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #769

rodsbaby is just really nicerodsbaby is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by lizziebean24
Well yes it may be really good for some, but taking away the Family Membership really is the pits for others. We currently have 5 in all on a Family membership and now the cost of that will be very expensive

this is so true we had 3 family deluxe packages for our whole family, so now ganz will not get anymore oofou hard earned money unless they reconsider this whole family thing!
ARE YOU LISTENING GANZ? better be or you will be losing more money than you will ever earn!
rodsbaby is offline Female
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #770

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear
Ah, yes, spin, spin and more spin. Translate "decided it no longer fit into our product mix" to read "we figured we could make a bundle more cash off you if we ditched this loss leader" and there you have it. I was upset yesterday, but today I'm just disgusted. I will not renew any Deluxe anything when my family plan is up, I will not buy anything else from the e-store, and other than my long-awaited Border Collie plush, I'm not buying any more pets for the next long while, either.

Before all this drama started, I decided to make a scrapbook of all my Webkinz rooms and pets so if I decided to stop playing I'd have it to look back on. This may sound a bit nuts (my DH thinks I'm off my rocker) but after someone here pointed out we don't own our pixels, we're just renting them from Ganz until they decide to pull the plug, I thought it would be nice to have something in hand vs. just on their servers. I'm happy I started this now that the Deluxe has hit the fan *vbg*.

Honeybear !! You are not off your rocker !! Tell your daughter I said so because if you are, then *I* am too !! I also have a virtual scrapbook of my WW rooms, food collections, pets, everything. I am a freelance web designer and graphics editor, so this idea came naturally to me. I also realized early on that Webkinz World will not last forever and that when Ganz pulls the plug on WW, I wanted something to look back on to remember where I spent my .... ahem ... cough, cough ... choke, gag ... thousands upon thousands of dollars and that's just for ME. No kids, nobody but ME. I also kept a running tab of what I have spent on this "hobby" since I started in November of 2007 and I'm too embarrassed to put it in print.

When I first started in 2007, I had to have TWO of everything. In 2008, when Ganz released up to 11 pets in one month and retiring them before they were even released, I cut back to ONE of everything. Then Ganz began bombarding me with even more merchandise (Signatures, Endangered, Small version, eStore stuff galore, birthstone pets, deluxe, blah, blah blah) and I could no longer afford even one of everything, so I began to pick and choose what it is I really wanted and only for room designing purposes, since that is what my main interest is in WW.

Now, after yesterday's news about the family deluxe membership, Ganz has made it even easier for me to pick and choose what I want and over the next couple of months, I'll wean myself off of WW altogether.

I even started my cutting back and weaning process TODAY !! I was going to buy TWO of the 5th Anniversary PACKAGES (after all, chairs must come in pairs for room designing purposes) and I didn't buy ANY !! So there, Ganz !!
MysticZon is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: