Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #691
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I'm thinking that if they read through everyone's comments they'll see that they definately have to bring it back-too many of us will not be able to afford it...After all, this is money they are just getting for free-it isn't like they are giving us "real" anything for this money anyhow!
Click the image to open in full size.
dragonbird is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #692
Webkinz :)

LuvMyKids will become famous soon enough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I cannot believe that they are taking away this option! It outrages me! I will NOT be purchasing a deluxe account due to this when my membership is up. I hope all families do not renew...and we show them how much they are really going to lose if they don't bring the family option back. I am very glad that I just had to renew our account before this happened!! Atleast we have till next April untill I see this....

Son

Daughter

Grandma 1

Grandma 2

Mommy

BIG MISTAKE GANZ!!!!
LuvMyKids is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #693
is proud to be a
Gift Guru

Kiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talent

Lamb-hope you don't mind me using your avvie.
Hopefully this will help spread the word to ganz!
Kiyoshi is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #694

♥SMILE♥ is on a distinguished road

NO FAMILY PLAN!! Nooooo...I don't like that. That's what my family and I used and it will be so expensive to get full deluxe benefits for four accounts..
Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #695
ishing U A Great Day
Gift Guru

Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell
Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by diannebee
I sent them a tweet...they will probably just ignore it - stinkin' rotten plan...money grubbers. (sorry, venting... I am upset because I won't be able to get Deluxe for my sister anymore. She's in a wheelchair and homebound and webkinz is one of her favorite things to do, especially in the winter months when she REALLY can't get out, even for a quick trip around the park.)
This has made me cry and for all the little children and people that this is going to effect greatly!
Vickie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #696

shaner8 is on a distinguished road

Can someone please tell me how to borrow one of the protest avies Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #697
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Hi you can copy mine!

just right click on mine...then save it to your pictures on your computer.

then go into your CP to change your avvie to the new Protest avvie! use the browser and just add the new avvie.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #698

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

You just found out Ganz has canceled Family deluxe,what are you gonna do now?

Answer -first I'm take the money I'm no longer spending on webkinz and then "I'm going to Disney World!"
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #699
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

WOW... many people where Deluxe, judging from this topic.
I never even began with Deluxe or Estore and now I'm glad I didn't... I never felt paying real money for virtual pixels was right. It's the plush animals that really interest me...

I'm really, really sorry for all the dissapointed families out there... I agree, taking away the family deluxe membership is crazy and unfair!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #700

geochick will become famous soon enough

IMHO, Ganz made a bad business decision a year ago in creating a distinction among players- regular and deluxe. Rather than have a basic deluxe option at a fixed price, they confused the issue by offering different plans. Had they followed the model of the cell phone companies there might have been fewer “confused” customers. You can get a basic phone plan and add a line for an incremental amount for each additional line on the plan. As an enticement to purchase the pricey one account plan, they added an exclusive item available only with that plan. If the individual plan had been priced at $25 with the benefits of the deluxe menu, gift boxes, and a few estore points per month, more folks might have made that initial purchase. Additional accounts, up to a total of five accounts, could have been added at the time of the initial purchase for something like $5 per account per year. If deluxe had been only a benefit plan geared toward events and items within the world of Webkinz, people would have made the purchase. Another mistake might have been the addition of the extension of the accounts for a year without the addition of any pets.

When my Granddaughter gave me a Webbie 3 years ago, I was in complete awe of this fun, friendly virtual world. WOW! For the price of a pet (around $12 then), you could enter this magical world, play for an entire year and exercise your imagination no end. Gave them as gifts to young and old so that they could share in this imaginary world. What creativity, planning, programming and preparation had gone in to the development and maintenance of WW??? Simply amazing!! Also wondered how they could do it all with the revenues from toys….

Enter the estore and deluxe membership. The estore offered items not available elsewhere and for some players, they added to the fun. Then GANZ chose to sell online pets and become direct competitors with the retailers who are the source of their success. That really bothered me…. Why go to a store for your skunk when GANZ has it a few clicks away?

Personally, I’d like to see Webkinz continue to be an enterprise that Ganz views is good business. We all know that modern day collectibles, whether real or virtual, have a definite life span in the marketplace. This is such a bummer for me to confront the fact that someday GANZ can turn off the servers and POOF! There goes our wonderful little world…………………..
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: