Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #661
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

How odd. I just now received an e-mail from Ganz E-Store advertising all the "stuff" coming out for sale there this May...interesting timing. They really are desperate. It sort of makes me sad.
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #662

Pinky Sue has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I can't remember when my Deluxe Account expires but I sure won't be renewing it now. I have the Family Plan with all five of our accounts. It was a splurge but seemed worth it. I'm not paying for individual or $2.00 accounts that don't get the gift or e-store points. This will be the end of Deluxe for our family, pretty bummed about the change but it won't be worth the money to have the accounts on anymore. I'll put that money to use somewhere else. Now, if the interest goes down on Webkinz as a whole since no deluxe, so be it. I usually ended up adding more e-store money so I could get more when I looked because I had free points to spend. Now, I just won't let myself go look so I won't be tempted when my dollars cut off. Anyone know where I can look to see when my Family Plan Expires?
Old 04-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #663
is proud to be a
Gift Guru

Kiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talent

I guess we're not going to get to renew now because that's a rediculous price right there-pure greed
Kiyoshi is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #664
ise & Wonderful
Gifted

franks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Pinky Sue
I can't remember when my Deluxe Account expires but I sure won't be renewing it now. I have the Family Plan with all five of our accounts. It was a splurge but seemed worth it. I'm not paying for individual or $2.00 accounts that don't get the gift or e-store points. This will be the end of Deluxe for our family, pretty bummed about the change but it won't be worth the money to have the accounts on anymore. I'll put that money to use somewhere else. Now, if the interest goes down on Webkinz as a whole since no deluxe, so be it. I usually ended up adding more e-store money so I could get more when I looked because I had free points to spend. Now, I just won't let myself go look so I won't be tempted when my dollars cut off. Anyone know where I can look to see when my Family Plan Expires?
Look at your account information on the E-store. Look for the tab that says "manage your account" then "point transaction history". You will see when you made the purchase.
franks8 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #665

Webkinzdgog48 will become famous soon enough

good idea ganz
Webkinzdgog48 is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #666

teapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud of

I am really disappointed that Ganz discontinued the Family Membership. We LOVE it for all 5 of our accounts. I'm lucky that ours doesn't expired until January of next year, but after that... I really doubt I'll renew anything. It would be outrageously expensive to pay for 5 accounts. I don't really like the estore much anyway. Some things are really nice looking, but they could easily be made available as Rare or Wshop items. BAD DECISION GANZ. You've likely lost a LOT OF BUSINESS WITH THIS!
teapot05 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #667
mountainfairy

mountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud of

So one of these Ganz business decisions finally affects me. If you search any of my older posts, you'll find several in defense of Ganz busniness practices. Not that I think they are inherently good any more than evil in their intentions, I just like to argue for the opposite side. Whether or not Ganz has noble reasons for what they do, the results can certainly be annoying for the rest of us. such is life.

I think it would be awesome if they could provide this new option IN ADDITION to the family membership. Cause, really, how many families have only one kid interested in playing, not to mention their parents? This new $2/month deal is great for one person. Heck, it could be good for me as a married w/o kids woman. But, in my case, I really really wanted the super deluxe item and my husband wanted a membership just so his account wouldn't expire w/o having to buy new pets. So, last christmas season, I thought it would be efficient to get him a family account and give the 4 remaining slots to my Mother and siblings with whom I no longer reside. I, myself, got my very own account. So, technically, none of this affects me alone, but its pretty likely my mother won't be signing up for a deluxe membership after the current one expires. I liked being able to help

Ganz is expecting a single source of monetary income (parents) to provide accounts for several individuals (children) and for the total cost of it all, they get less than they did before. Just because more than one individual desires an account doesn't mean that each of these individuals have their own bank accounts. . .hence why the family membership made sense. It seemed to take into consideration that only one person is putting out the money for several others. But oh well, we win some and we lose some.

And, uh, sorry I type so much! Just making up for the infrequency of posting that I do

Oh, and HAPPY WEBKINZ DAY!!!!
mountainfairy is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #668
sidereal will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear
Before all this drama started, I decided to make a scrapbook of all my Webkinz rooms and pets so if I decided to stop playing I'd have it to look back on. This may sound a bit nuts (my DH thinks I'm off my rocker) but after someone here pointed out we don't own our pixels, we're just renting them from Ganz until they decide to pull the plug, I thought it would be nice to have something in hand vs. just on their servers. I'm happy I started this now that the Deluxe has hit the fan *vbg*.
Honeybear, I think this is a GREAT idea...not nuts at all! I will have to jump on doing this as well. The truth is that Ganz owns the pixels on their servers and they get the credit for creating the items we have on our accounts but we each put our own creativity and personalities into how we use their items to decorate our WW homes! I bet we have all mixed bits and pieces from different themes in unique ways in our rooms. I have an account designed to reflect my familiy and I used three themes to mimic my little nephew's room in real life. That is my creation and worth saving I think! I know I have seen some AMAZING rooms designed by members here..contest entires, memorial rooms....it is art in its own way!
sidereal is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #669
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Wow, that is unreal. I renewed our family deluxe membership just this month. Guess this will be our last. With five accounts in our family, I could never justify the expense in order to get the monthly gift box on each account. I believe this was a very bad decision by Ganz which they will hopefully realize when they come to their senses. The only reason I even go to the estore anymore is to spend my membership points. I occasionally purchase additional estore points, but with no reason to go their I will not be spending any more there. Not cool, Ganz.
kigz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #670

m&mmom is on a distinguished road

Angry Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Not a big fan of the new policy! I have 2 children, and they each have an account. I can justify $45 as cheap family fun to enhance their webkinz accounts. I can't justify $90. Esp. when the cost of an animal is around $15. I will be calling to complain about this. It's not like it costs GANZ anything extra to offer the family membership. Just offer them both!!!

:clyde:
m&mmom is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: