Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #651
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I looked at it again and it does say so, but I wonder if they really meant to include that type of account. Is this going to be another thing that will be hard to understand LOL?
Well given that they don't give sumptin' for nuttin' I would be surprised if they don't take that benefit away from the 2buckers.
VeronicaGee is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #652
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Ok I am confused.

$2 for 1 Month
$15 for 3 Months
$25 for 6 Months
$45 for 1 Year Correct?

for one account only.

for me to replace my 10 Family accounts (2 x$45) now it would be 10 x $45 = $450.

How is it that you can buy 1 month for $2 and 1 year for $45? that does not add up!!!

You could just buy 3 months for $6 ($2 x 3) 6 months for $12 ($2 x 6) and 1 year for $24.

How can they even dare ask for $45????!!!!!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #653
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Rockermom, the $2 acct is not full benefits. You don't get a monthly gift box or estore points. You do get to do the dailies and curio shop rares.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #654
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

In my opinion, the 2 dollar package was offered as a token (fake) symbol of goodwill. The elements of the Deluxe package that people REALLY want are NOT offered in that silly package. It was just put out so Ganz could say that they offered something cheap in these difficult economic times. It's a totally bogus attempt at looking kind.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #655
tasah has a spectacular aura abouttasah has a spectacular aura about

Do you guys realize what all this commotion is. Its all about pixels. I like to be deluxe because i can decorate my room faster. I agree so hole heartedly, i for one am totally addicted. But you see, as we kept adding on accounts, it became a three hour process to do all the dailies, let alone looking for the ghost and leprecaun and rockets. I have to break myself from this and i will. I hope all of you can ease up too. I will still keep a few accounts, but i learned that if you have patients, eventually, you can get the items, and i need to do other things with my life. We can have fun and not buy there estore items and deluxe, we just have to be less greedy. I will live better knowing i am not spending so much wasted money on nothing.
tasah is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #656

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
Rockermom, the $2 acct is not full benefits. You don't get a monthly gift box or estore points. You do get to do the dailies and curio shop rares. Also the Family Deluxe at $45 covered FIVE accounts w/ full benefits. Much cheaper than paying $24 x 5 = $120 with no estore points and no boxes.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #657
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kschoice
I wrote them a letter of complaint and got a generic response. Doubt they even read it.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With recent changes to the membership options available to regular and Deluxe Webkinz members, we have decided to discontinue our Deluxe Family Membership program. Our research showed that this option was causing the most confusion among our members, and decided it no longer fit into our product mix.

All members who currently have Family Memberships will of course be able to continue to use these memberships until they expire.

Please note that we have also introduced a $2 monthly deluxe membership in order to provide consumers with a more economical way to access all the Webkinz World benefits that are associated to Deluxe Membership. For a list of the available membership upgrades, please visit: www.ganzestore.com/membershipcategory.

Thank you,

Ganz eStore Support
Ah, yes, spin, spin and more spin. Translate "decided it no longer fit into our product mix" to read "we figured we could make a bundle more cash off you if we ditched this loss leader" and there you have it. I was upset yesterday, but today I'm just disgusted. I will not renew any Deluxe anything when my family plan is up, I will not buy anything else from the e-store, and other than my long-awaited Border Collie plush, I'm not buying any more pets for the next long while, either.

Before all this drama started, I decided to make a scrapbook of all my Webkinz rooms and pets so if I decided to stop playing I'd have it to look back on. This may sound a bit nuts (my DH thinks I'm off my rocker) but after someone here pointed out we don't own our pixels, we're just renting them from Ganz until they decide to pull the plug, I thought it would be nice to have something in hand vs. just on their servers. I'm happy I started this now that the Deluxe has hit the fan *vbg*.
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #658
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Ok I am confused.

$2 for 1 Month
$15 for 3 Months
$25 for 6 Months
$45 for 1 Year Correct?
No, it isn't like that - you're not comparing correctly.

The $2/month plan doesn't give you the monthly gift boxes nor the monthly eStore points. So sure, you could do the $2/month thing for a year and spend $24, and thus save $21 compared to the yearly membership, but you would also lose out on $41 worth of eStore points and not get the monthly gift boxes either.

HTH.
Jackal is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #659

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear

Before all this drama started, I decided to make a scrapbook of all my Webkinz rooms and pets so if I decided to stop playing I'd have it to look back on. This may sound a bit nuts (my DH thinks I'm off my rocker) but after someone here pointed out we don't own our pixels, we're just renting them from Ganz until they decide to pull the plug, I thought it would be nice to have something in hand vs. just on their servers. I'm happy I started this now that the Deluxe has hit the fan *vbg*.
I LOVE that idea! Very creative and you can update it as you add rooms. My DH would think it kooky too but I take lots of screen shots of my pets and rooms.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #660
purrfectpoppins
Gift Guru

deblynn has accomplished something fantabulous
deblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear
Ah, yes, spin, spin and more spin. Translate "decided it no longer fit into our product mix" to read "we figured we could make a bundle more cash off you if we ditched this loss leader" and there you have it. I was upset yesterday, but today I'm just disgusted. I will not renew any Deluxe anything when my family plan is up, I will not buy anything else from the e-store, and other than my long-awaited Border Collie plush, I'm not buying any more pets for the next long while, either.

I too, do not plan to do ANY deluxe memberships after mine retires next month. WE had the family deluxe and loved it on all 5 of our accounts. I will spend what points I have left in the e-store, but then, no more for the e-store. If you ask me, they will lose money in the long run, if people who had the family refuse to renew. They made a good deal of money off me this last year in the e-store, but no more, UNLESS they decide to put it back. So, I hope you and I are not the only ones who don't renew. If we all don't renew, they WILL notice.
deblynn is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: