Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #641
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

MY question is: Why not just have added the $2 plan and keep all others the same? $2 plan would work for those that can't afford the $45. Some people do not have multiple accounts and $12 yr for some of the stuff would be ok. But to totally get rid of it, doesn't make sense. I have decided NOT to buy webkinz for a while, I renewed deluxe in March when it was due, so at the moment, this does not effect me but if they do not change it by March 2011, I will not renew, I can't offered it for 5 accounts...What a terrible webkinz day it is. And I was so excited about it until I show the post. Shame on Ganz.
Babs is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #642
Webkinz :)
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by Aries962
Tonight's Twitter Party may become a Pity Party if they realize how many of their loyal customers they have upset to the point of losing.

I refuse to pay $45 per account (19 + 1 family member in total, 10 will be up soon) to renew my Deluxe accounts. I will stop being able to do many of the extra things that I enjoy on those accounts. I will be aware of the things I am missing out on, so I will become unhappy with the game itself. If I become unhappy with the game itself, I will quit. Very simple.

I can certainly find other things to spend my cash on, I am starting to wish I could get some of it back. Had I known, I would never have invested so much time and cash in Webkinz. The countdown begins from early April when I renewed 10 accounts, so I may be done Webkinz within a year. I am done purchasing until there is a satisfactory resolution.
This is their webkinz extravganza and they do this? I asked at the major webkinz selling store too and ganz didn't do anything special for them. Liike last year you got a webkinz for free old one yes that had to be used within the month. Ganz didn't do anything for the webkinz sellers. Nothing at all. My main store has dropped there ordering as they said the desire for their product is on the decline.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #643
oo Hoo! I'm Gifted!
Gift Guru

kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!kschoice is not just visiting!

I wrote them a letter of complaint and got a generic response. Doubt they even read it.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With recent changes to the membership options available to regular and Deluxe Webkinz members, we have decided to discontinue our Deluxe Family Membership program. Our research showed that this option was causing the most confusion among our members, and decided it no longer fit into our product mix.

All members who currently have Family Memberships will of course be able to continue to use these memberships until they expire.

Please note that we have also introduced a $2 monthly deluxe membership in order to provide consumers with a more economical way to access all the Webkinz World benefits that are associated to Deluxe Membership. For a list of the available membership upgrades, please visit: www.ganzestore.com/membershipcategory.

Thank you,

Ganz eStore Support
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #644
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by Aries962
I went to the eStore today but didn't buy anything. I looked at the Sunflower Lion, but I won't be buying it. $12.50 will stay in my plastic. I think I'll start a running tab and see just what I would have spent...

The Facebook thing could be good to spread the word, that may end up being a happy whoops!
Facebook is free to use, I have joined it too. And have gotten hooked on some to the games. At least I do not have to worry about them raising prizes on anything. My friend I got hooked on ww, has gotten me hooked on Facebook and all games. But I do love WI.

Aries962 has given permission to copy this siggy, maybe this will help send the message. Thank you Aries962 for this siggy.

Last edited by Babs; 04-29-2010 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add something
Babs is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #645
MamaDeeDee

MamaDeeDee is an unknown quantity at this point

I am shocked and dismayed to see the family membership gone! We have been on the family membership for two years, four kids and me- I am not willing to buy memberships individually OR try and figure out who to leave out so that is it for us! I figure not buying webkinz will certainly put extra money in my pocket, although I bet the kids will find something else to use it on
The running tab is a good idea- no more webkinz, estore, Signature, Zummies.... Wow I can't imagine it! $12x1= good value. (12x5)-a few goodies= no sale! I am wondering how they intend to stay in business if they turn away the very folks who slap down the most?
MamaDeeDee is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #646
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by inasmomi
I called, was polite and the girl said they are collecting all the summaries for the boss. No one has called saying they are happy they retired the family membership. And, on a side note, I figured out the ganz twitter, twitted mine, and then realized I sent it to thousands of folks on my facebook. (There is a new default setting on Twitter that sends all to facebook, unless you change it. Luckily someone called to ask what was up, LOL) Anyway, lots of people know about this now.

The CSR seemed to think that if enough people complain, Ganz will change their minds. Also, if eStore sales are down. So let's hope.

And no matter how much I wanted birthstone pets, I will not cave in. I will not cave in.
Everyone has to phone Ganz and complain. Emails to them are a waste of time. All you get is a form response. If you don't have their number I can post it for you.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #647
Gift Guru

sgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not at all happy about this. They are going to lose a lot of business from my family. WE are boycotting ganz products until this issue is resolved!!! We want the family membership plan back!!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #648
tasah has a spectacular aura abouttasah has a spectacular aura about

I will not be doing deluxe again, i also have a family plan and i can and will not fork out the money for pixils. Sorry ganz, you have ruffled my feathers to often. I have 5 accounts to expire in 8 days and that is how they are staying. Even if they change their minds, i need to not be so involved with it and only play for a short time for fun. That is how i got addicted, but i am fine with weeding out. I think they have gotten cheap, cheap, cheap and i am mad. To me, they have become money grubbing people that need some wake up calls.
tasah is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #649
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by karrit
I

Marnabear , It is clearly spelled out in the quote I posted that 12 continuous months of membership including 12 1 Month subscriptions will get you the Super Deluxe Item but not until your 12th month. I was shocked when I read that.

For the people that want the Super Gift item & not the e-store points this is definitely worth it for 1 account. Of course I'd be surprised if at the end of the 12 months they would still honor this. Since the monthly gift boxes are hit or miss with the gift items some people don't seem to care about getting those either. I certainly wouldn't go this route for 5 accounts but I may scale down my individual one when it expires next year since I'm fed up with the e-store anyway.
I looked at it again and it does say so, but I wonder if they really meant to include that type of account. Is this going to be another thing that will be hard to understand LOL?
marnabear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #650
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by chrisjaye
I am mixed about the decision. At first I was very disappointed. The family membership did save us a lot of money especially since the majority of it was returned in e-store points. It gave us the opportunity to be gold members and get some of the items from the e-store that we would not have purchased otherwise. But I agree with all of those who have said that the e-store is way too over-priced. Come on, 12.50 for a VIRTUAL pet? Most of the time you can get an actual plush for under 10, sometimes even as low as 5! (and since I just care about the pet specific items, I could donate the plush to a charity!) Our family has spent thousands of dollars combined for hundreds of plush, boxes upon boxes of trading cards, and all sorts of accessories. It truely makes me feel sick when I think about it. While that is an outrage, we willingly did it. Not to mention the hours and hours of our lives we have dedicated to webkinz world and making our little virtual world something we can be proud of.
While my eyes certainly were not closes to the hold my webkinz addiction had on me, I justifyed it with the fact that there are so many worse addictions the could have their claws sunk in me. It was the least of all evils in my mind.
Maybe ganz has seen that they are selling our souls, our money, and our precious time. Maybe they are trying to make amends and help us quit this habit that is fine in moderation, but has gotten out of control for so many of us. Probably not, but as I have seen in many of your posts, this may just be the slap in the face some of us needed to get on with our real lives and put the virtual world behind us. For those of us who have been trying to kick the habit, this will certainly help!
I could have written the above post. I even give all the plushes to a local homeless shelter and they appreciate it.

$12.50 is an incredible amount to pay for a pixel pet. I arrived at this conclusion after buying probably a dozen of them. I used to pay up $16 for a regular plush pet. Purchased boxes of trading cards. backpacks, clothing, lip gloss, charms etc. etc. ad nauseum.

At the end of the day, all the codes put into my account belong to Ganz so I now see my addiction like the sandwich that I had for lunch. It's not an investment and it's not healthy to eat too much.

I go to websites that have sales and I buy tag only and never spend more that $9 for any pet and spend no more than $10 at the estore every month. If I really really want something, I can wait or do without. I tell my kids the same thing. Guess what? Life is full of disappointments, this isn't a big deal. Now it will be easier to spend zero at the estore other than the points we are still accumulating.
VeronicaGee is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: