Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #621
Webkinz :)

melnicjus is a jewel in the roughmelnicjus is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

This whole situation has me so bummed I don't even find comfort in doing my daily activities anymore. Also, has anyone else noticed that since they started selling POTM in the e-store that you can't find them at your local retailers? At least that is the case in my area, I have only seen one lion, no skunks and no pigs at any of my local stores. Just another way for Ganz to be greedy
melnicjus is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #622
Whew I made it to a
Gift Guru

maynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to all

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Figure this $2 x 12 months = $24.00 per account x 5 accounts = 120.00 with no perks.

1 @ $45.00 x 5 accounts = $225.00 with all the perks.

RETIRED 1 Family Deluxe account includes 5 accounts = $45.00 with all the perks.

They killed the best deal...
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #623

Caosb is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
This whole situation has me so bummed I don't even find comfort in doing my daily activities anymore. Also, has anyone else noticed that since they started selling POTM in the e-store that you can't find them at your local retailers? At least that is the case in my area, I have only seen one lion, no skunks and no pigs at any of my local stores. Just another way for Ganz to be greedy
Actually I think this maybe the ebayers buying them all up and reselling them because they are usually there in abundance in my area untill they are announced
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #624
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Some have talked about kicking the habit since this mess has happened and others have talked about spending their money in other ways, me included. I just realized something as my seven year old son sits beside of me on his computer. He has not even logged onto Webkinz World today, not once. He knows that it is Webkinz day. We talked about it as we walked in the door. He said that he was happy about it, but he is playing on Poptropica. I know that I usually do his daily activities for him, but I really thought that he would want to log on today and get his gift. He says that he still loves Webkinz, I think that it is mainly the plushies that he loves the most. Hmm, this fiasco may be good after all.
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #625

daisymcferrin will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by shaner8
I think we should all go to the E Store, log into our accounts , LOOK around, especially at the Thunderbird & the Webkinz Day specials (do not buy anything), then go to the contact us section and send them a message , that we will not be giving them any more of our hard earned money. And how many of you, like myself , have totes of unused webbies, waiting to be the POTM? I will start putting them in now to all the accounts , because with this greedy, stupid move to "Retire" the Deluxe Family Plan, how long will Ganz keep the site going , once they start losing all our money. I would be even angrier then I am now, if I got stuck with a bunch of useless plushies. What a Happy 5th Webkinz Day this turned out to be:wallbas h:
i agree with you if all of us at could stop buying pets for a couple weeks i think they would stop taking away good stuff and actually be smart for a change and even worse they only make the same pets the POTM like for example it will be about 2 maybe 3 years till they start making the new pets POTM i have 8 people in my family for them to take the family delux away is really anoying
daisymcferrin is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #626

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Everyone DEF should call, but PLEASE BE NICE & SYMPATHETIC TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS! I used to be one (not for Ganz), and trust me, they have no say in the moronic decisions their superiors make! All they get under-paid to do is take the verbal beating that their superiors decisions result in. Be nice, but convey all your points of frustration and how important it is that your opinion be passed along to the "powers that be."

Personally I don't care if they bring it back anymore. I am slipping out of the leash they have put around my neck. This trying to collect everything obsession is just unrealistic & unhealthy! I will wind down to just doing the few things I enjoy WHEN I have time (not when they force me into a time slot!) If I miss an activity or rare or PJ special or deluxe clothing box item... oh well!! My life will go on. I will enjoy what I have, maybe try to get some things in the trade room, and just LET GO of the rest! I will never have everything anyway! They made sure of that when they made the Sparkling Pegasus all but unattainable for most. They don't get that "not being able to complete a collection" is a deal-breaker for some people.
SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #627
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

As far as POTM's go, I already had April, May, and June's anyway. I have had the pig forever it seems and bought the Lion and Skunk right around Christmas. So I am good on those for a while.
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #628
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Peachtea1998
Can some one tell me if the 2 bucks/month thing is worth it? and back up explanation please because my mom won't let me get it unless I can back up my reasoning. Thanks.
~Peachtea1998
In my opinion it is not worth it. You do get to do another job every day if you have the time to do it and there is another section of the curio which will usually have a rare in it once a day. And you get to do some deluxe activities, but usually the prizes from those are just food or a little bit of KC - not even 100KC usually. I would not recommend it but maybe others think differently.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #629

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by jennbugs73
Some have talked about kicking the habit since this mess has happened and others have talked about spending their money in other ways, me included. I just realized something as my seven year old son sits beside of me on his computer. He has not even logged onto Webkinz World today, not once. He knows that it is Webkinz day. We talked about it as we walked in the door. He said that he was happy about it, but he is playing on Poptropica. I know that I usually do his daily activities for him, but I really thought that he would want to log on today and get his gift. He says that he still loves Webkinz, I think that it is mainly the plushies that he loves the most. Hmm, this fiasco may be good after all.
Yup! I think that inadvertently they did some of us a favor by helping us to see the light. I am scaling back big-time and maybe eventually weaning off this addiction entirely. All 5 of the kids who's accounts I babysit currently, rarely if ever get on anymore. I don't expect any of them will today either, even though it is WK Day & they have yet to get the disappointing news that they won't be deluxe anymore soon.

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #630
Lil Kinz
karenspets is an unknown quantity at this point

That really stinks! Now I won't be getting Deluxe next year, it will cost too much. I would get it for me and my neice's and nephews. But now I won't be able to afford it. Thanks ganz! Great idea!

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 04-29-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: changed word
karenspets is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: