Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #611
Gift Guru

fumble99 challenges the impossiblefumble99 challenges the impossible
fumble99 challenges the impossiblefumble99 challenges the impossiblefumble99 challenges the impossible

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

The family plan was the only way to provide the deluxe benefits for the family's accounts. I am so glad I renewed early but this will be the last year because there is NO WAY I am paying $45 per account to renew in 2011.

The family membership was the BEST of all the membership plans if you had more than 1 account. I can't believe they threw that away.

Most times while I thought something Ganz did may have been silly I could at least look at why they may have done it. This is the first time I think they were just outright stupid about changing something that worked so well for SO MANY people.

I am so disappointed and while in the grand scheme of things my few hundred $$ in deluxe renewals being lost won't impact them but for me that will be a large part of my webkinz budget that they will not see in their bottom line next year.

Dumbest move you have made yet Ganz/Webkinz!!
fumble99 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #612
Webkinz :)

chrisjaye is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I am mixed about the decision. At first I was very disappointed. The family membership did save us a lot of money especially since the majority of it was returned in e-store points. It gave us the opportunity to be gold members and get some of the items from the e-store that we would not have purchased otherwise. But I agree with all of those who have said that the e-store is way too over-priced. Come on, 12.50 for a VIRTUAL pet? Most of the time you can get an actual plush for under 10, sometimes even as low as 5! (and since I just care about the pet specific items, I could donate the plush to a charity!) Our family has spent thousands of dollars combined for hundreds of plush, boxes upon boxes of trading cards, and all sorts of accessories. It truely makes me feel sick when I think about it. While that is an outrage, we willingly did it. Not to mention the hours and hours of our lives we have dedicated to webkinz world and making our little virtual world something we can be proud of.
While my eyes certainly were not closes to the hold my webkinz addiction had on me, I justifyed it with the fact that there are so many worse addictions the could have their claws sunk in me. It was the least of all evils in my mind.
Maybe ganz has seen that they are selling our souls, our money, and our precious time. Maybe they are trying to make amends and help us quit this habit that is fine in moderation, but has gotten out of control for so many of us. Probably not, but as I have seen in many of your posts, this may just be the slap in the face some of us needed to get on with our real lives and put the virtual world behind us. For those of us who have been trying to kick the habit, this will certainly help!
chrisjaye is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #613
rosie1960

barbie1960 is just really nicebarbie1960 is just really nice

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GANZ DOING???In my home are four Webkinz accounts.And all four are family deluxe.How much money do they need?Why do have to chang it? WI thanks for the update.Everyone have a great da an God bess.:abn::bt::clyde::goo::husky:
barbie1960 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #614
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by chrisjaye
Maybe ganz has seen that they are selling our souls, our money, and our precious time. Maybe they are trying to make amends and help us quit this habit that is fine in moderation, but has gotten out of control for so many of us. Probably not, but as I have seen in many of your posts, this may just be the slap in the face some of us needed to get on with our real lives and put the virtual world behind us. For those of us who have been trying to kick the habit, this will certainly help!
This does seem to be the outcome of their decision, though I am most sure it was unintentionally. I am starting to really like this new direction they are taking because it's so outrageous that they are not taking me along with them any longer.
lamb is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #615
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

I'm actually kinda sad now, since I've realized that Webkinz isn't all that fun for me anymore... I've always had the problem where I'd stick with something for a little while, but then get bored of it. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me, and Webkinz was the first website I came across where I actually enjoyed it and didn't get bored, but after four years, now I am... I'm scared that I might actually be quitting WW, but I think I might... all that money that my parents, my family, and I have spent on Webkinz (probably at least a couple thousand dollars just for my account)... all down the drain...

I loved it when Ganz was more about fun. A couple plushies a month, fun activities, no Deluxe... now it seems that you can hardly even PLAY WW without spending at least $100 extra in Deluxe Memberships, Signature Pets, eStore... Ganz used to be fun, but now it's just greedy. It's been sneaking up on us, and now I realize that it's just... wrong. It's not fun anymore. It's just me, spending all of my allowance every month on new Webkinz, and many other children doing the same.

It's like a vending machine that eats your money. You keep pouring your dollars into it, but it gives you hardly anything in return other than that one-in-a-million chance that it gives you a bag of chips.

I think my Webkinz spending has gone down from maybe $300, $400, even over $500 a year down to maybe $50 or $100 at the most. It's just not worth it anymore.

I want my bag of chips, dang it!
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #616

dollymomma is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the the wolf just peeked out from under the sheep's clothing. Ganz I think you under estimate the power of the consumer!!!
Look out a boycott is in the making.
Time to stand and be heard!! Webkinz is a WANT, a LUXURY, NOT A NEED!! We don't need you to survive. WE WONT waste our hard earned dollar on you power trips!!
Get over yourselves, and think of the consumer in a tried economy!!! I for one have enough stuffed toys to put Noah to shame!! NO MORE!!

View Post Originally Posted by chrisjaye
the family membership did save us a lot of money especially since the majority of it was returned in e-store points. It gave us the opportunity to be gold members and get some of the items from the e-store that we would not have purchased otherwise. But i agree with all of those who have said that the e-store is way too over-priced. Come on, 12.50 for a virtual pet? Most of the time you can get an actual plush for under 10, sometimes even as low as 5! (and since i just care about the pet specific items, i could donate the plush to a charity!) it truely makes me feel sick when i think about it. While that is an outrage, we willingly did it. Not to mention the hours and hours of our lives we have dedicated to webkinz world and making our little virtual world something we can be proud of.
while my eyes certainly were not closes to the hold my webkinz addiction had on me, i justifyed it with the fact that there are so many worse addictions the could have their claws sunk in me. It was the least of all evils in my mind.
maybe ganz has seen that they are selling our souls, our money, and our precious time. Maybe they are trying to make amends and help us quit this habit that is fine in moderation, but has gotten out of control for so many of us. Probably not, but as i have seen in many of your posts, this may just be the slap in the face some of us needed to get on with our real lives and put the virtual world behind us. For those of us who have been trying to kick the habit, this will certainly help!

thank you thank you so much for putting this into print for me. You worded it perfectly.

Last edited by dollymomma; 04-29-2010 at 01:28 PM..
dollymomma is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #617
Whew I made it to a
Gift Guru

maynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to all

Glad they did cheaper for others not happy about the Family Membership being retired
Old 04-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #618
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

I was very polite and she recorded my comments. There is no way I can afford to buy the deluxe option when my deluxe expires. She has been getting lots of comments on this and has been recording them. Hooves are crossed that someone reads all these comments and the fact that we won't be renewing.

The $2 option is not worth it IMO either. I had to laugh at the comments on cheese crackers on the deluxe. I go between that and $22KC (sorry whomever else gets that).
Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #619
Lil Kinz
sghannah10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Angry Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by deenies
I agree that sending a barrage of disgruntled contacts their way is the way to go - and realizing that the person that we are contacting is not the one responsible. However - with this information of who is responsible, what are your thoughts of what to do next?

I think that sending the message and backing it up financially is the only way to get their attention. They need to see the bottom line - the Golden Rule - He has has the gold, makes the rule. We have the gold here - we are not powerless, we need to put our money where our mouth is - if we say that we can't afford to do the Deluxe (which I know I can't) - great - tell them - and then follow it up.

I am personally calling multiple times - telling them.

We can get their attention and with something that will make a real difference in the community - besides the whole Communal Contest thing.

All I can say - Webkinz Day is pretty crummy with this information from Greedy Ganz.

I was never confused - but now am mad.

In our emails and phone calls to Ganz, we need to be clear:

1. What we are upset about.

2. Why we are upset about it.

3. What specifically we want Ganz to do to fix it.

4. What we are going to do if they don't.
sghannah10 is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #620

Caosb is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by flutterby7
It's Ganz's party and they'll cry cause they'll have to;
cry cause they'll have to, cry cause they'll have to.
It's Ganz's party and they'll cry cause they have to,
they would cry hard cause there'll be no members left.......

A wee adaptation of a popular 80's song (for all those that may remember that far back LOL)

80s? I think 60s lol!!!!
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: