Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #601
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

The CS reps haven't been given any new information as of this time. I just spoke with one and asked if they have been given any other info other than "it was confusing" , hoping maybe the CS reps were being told that the situation is under review or something similar.

I also shared that this thread is nearly at 600 responses with the majority of former Wekbinz Superfans VERY disgruntled.

Like others have said, while Webkinz has been a lot of fun, there are unhealthy aspects to making it so much of a hobby. Ganz has given me a wake up call. If they do not re-instate the Family Deluxe option I will quit Webkinz altogether. I haven't quite gotten to the point of saying I'll definitely stay away even if they reinstate it, but I'm considering that possibility as well.

They sure know how to ruin their own party, don't they?
GlynnisI is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #602
Webkinz :)

klavri is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I am sad to see the Family Deluxe go. We have 5 accounts in the house, and I won't renew next year. Thankfully I renewed at the beginning of the month.
klavri is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #603
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

I just sent a nice little email to the head office. I wasn't ugly, but I was to the point about my spending habits with them and let them know that I lived without them before and would again.
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #604

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

While I don't buy the Deluxe membership, I did send a tweet to Webkinz to ask them the question:

jadewarlock @webkinz I noticed that you have eliminated the family option. Why do that when people are pinching pennies yet want to help you out too?

While I doubt I'll get an answer given a lot of people are complaining on the issue, we might get lucky in finding out exactly why the change.

It also lets me show the "win-win" aspect - something you do to mollycoddle greedy-gus type people, but it helps you as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #605

Caosb is on a distinguished road

I have gotten up to 100 pets (e and otherwise) in under 4 months. I buy the clothes and yes I buy the estore pets occasionally as well as the clothes. If this does not changed I am done.
I was planning 2 Pegasus, a second pom pom kitty, both of the other regular pets and my first ever Signature the Pomeranian. As well as the Gemeni pet and POTM Skunk I will now buy the Pegasus and call it a day. I am not sure I will enter the code though.
I will not renew and I am not really interested in participating at this level if I am not getting the benefits I signed on for with deluxe.
I am back to dice collecting
Thx Ganz!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #606
fvb
twilight1977

fvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellence
fvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellence

Wow, I'm glad I already signed up for my family deluxe accounts, but I will not be renewing next year. The only reason I got the deluxe was because of the family plan. Oh well, not really going to miss much anyway!! I had already decided to stop buying all the estore pets (which is very hard cause the new zodiac ones are cute) But I'm tired of spending my money of pixels. I will continue to buy a few real webkinz such as the Endangered and a few other ones my girls like but we have stop buying all of them. I know I'm tired of the money grab, but do still enjoy playing!
fvb is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #607

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Unhappy Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

It's Ganz's party and they'll cry cause they'll have to;
cry cause they'll have to, cry cause they'll have to.
It's Ganz's party and they'll cry cause they have to,
they would cry hard cause there'll be no members left.......

A wee adaptation of a popular 80's song (for all those that may remember that far back LOL)
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #608
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

I was buying the e-store pets that appealed to me because I considered it a space saver instead of having all the plushies cluttering up the house. After the Sparkling Pegasus bait & switch fiasco I had pretty much decided taht I will not continue to actively acquire the over-priced e-store pets. I've finished my Birthstone collection and I feverishly will try to resist all future offerings. Even if I don't have enough points from my current deluxe memberships I'm not going to continue to purchase extra e-store points when I can pick up the plushies for $10 or less elsewhere. I've got enough stockpiled that I really don't need to ever buy another one to keep my accounts active.

Upon further reading it appears that you will also get the Vacation with each month of deluxe membership at all price levels.
karrit is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #609
kmmhug has a spectacular aura aboutkmmhug has a spectacular aura about

I am really sick about this. There is no way I am going to pay 3 times as much to keep our 3 accounts deluxe. I now have crying children who are so disappointed that soon they will no longer be deluxe members! This is not a kid friendly decision in the least.
kmmhug is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #610

shaner8 is on a distinguished road

I think we should all go to the E Store, log into our accounts , LOOK around, especially at the Thunderbird & the Webkinz Day specials (do not buy anything), then go to the contact us section and send them a message , that we will not be giving them any more of our hard earned money. And how many of you, like myself , have totes of unused webbies, waiting to be the POTM? I will start putting them in now to all the accounts , because with this greedy, stupid move to "Retire" the Deluxe Family Plan, how long will Ganz keep the site going , once they start losing all our money. I would be even angrier then I am now, if I got stuck with a bunch of useless plushies. What a Happy 5th Webkinz Day this turned out to be:wallbas h:
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: