Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #591
Webkinz :)
MaaKea2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Great now We will lose our family account! Well I guess the $3000 we spend this year on webkinz is not good enought for Ganz.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #592
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by karrit
I originally started with the Individual Deluxe Annual membership last April. Last December I added a Family Membership for my other accounts & since there was still an open slot I added my Mother's account. This year I debated over "renewing" the individual membership or just letting it lapse. The Mine Car ride convinced me to go ahead & purchase a new individual membership since you really can't "renew" due to their inefficient system. When the Family membership expires I guess I'll have to get used to not being able to do deluxe activities on the other accounts anymore even though I'll miss them. As many have said it is very time consuming to try to do everything each day and I do miss out on a lot of the Deluxe activities because I am at work when they are offered. Will I pay $2 a month for access to the extra daily activities?. No. The package being offered of the extra activities + the monthly e-store points + the monthly gift box are what made the plan worth it to me. It was a bargain especially for the Family plan. That was $9 a year per account and you got most of it back in e-store points. Now they want us to pay $24 per year per account for essentially nothing but a few extra games, spins, free e-store items. I'm willing to do the full deluxe plan for 1 account but there is no way I'm doing it for all 5, 6 if I include Mom's. The only confusing part was they hype the special Annual Membership Gift but do not make it clear that only the individual membership gets this gift. They would have been better off charging people $10-15 per account to add them on to a standard Deluxe Individual membership and including the monthly gift boxes. If you want to make it confusing then they could have offered an option with or without a monthly allotment of e-store points. I really think it is more confusing for them than it is for us. The chart they had on the website explaining the different memberships was pretty clear if you took the time to read it. It is their misleading advertising for the Annual Deluxe Account that doesn't clearly specify that the gift is for an individual membership only that causes the confusion.
Ganz's excuse when I called them is they said people don't understand the deluxe on more than one account. That they didn't understand where the estore credit went and who got the gift boxes. Wow they called us all stupid. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that the estore credit went to the first account and all the rest of the accounts got the gift boxes. Ganz has no other explanation than that their customers are stupid. Pathetic comment from them. Also they have no plans for any other type of family plan either. They are selling nothing for huge amounts of money now and want to times that by 5. Shame on you ganz.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #593
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

No more family memberships?! Well, I am glad I just renewed mine, but I don't think we will be renewing next year. Would cost too much for each kid and myself. Two thumbs down Ganz!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #594
HuskinsdadE
Gifted

cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds
cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds

Donation Award 

SHOCKED...and saddened.
Can't believe that the Family Deluxe Plan would go.

This has been a wonderful and exciting year. I've made so many friends through the Deluxe Daily Activity thread, and our Family of Five account has been so much for for the kids too.

Now I'm shocked to see that go...
they HAVE to make some changes for it to renew.

(Maybe GRANDFATHER those who made the early commitment? No, that would leave out anyone else in their right mind that is willing to pony up for the year.)

Just BRING IT BACK!
cnetski is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #595
mlcm will become famous soon enough

Goodbye Ganz. Was looking forward to buying my first Family Membership for myself and 5 grandkids on May 1. Reckon that is gone now. I will now only buy one Webkinz a year to renew the kids accounts until they outgrow them. I was buying every one that came out and spreading them out among the grandkids. Two granchildren have 175 Webkinz each (they started early), two grandchildren have 105 each. and one grandchild has 75. They will be disappointed but I will buy no more.
I have only bought charms and figures from the estore so I won't misss the estore.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #596
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
I feel your pain! I was saying the same thing at first too, but I am now to the point I refuse to beg & plead for every little scrap they throw our way. I can live without them (much better in fact) but their company can not live without US! We pay their salaries! Correction "PAID" - past tense. Whether we continue to support a company with this behavior will tell us a lot about ourselves. I can go a year without any pixels coming in, but can they go a year without any dollars coming in? If we don't draw a line in the sand, then we might as well tattoo the word "doormat" on our foreheads.

Well said. I have grown tired of the greediness and all the money grabbing. I didn't mind the family membership as we got the extra goodies each month - the clothing items, wish tokens, etc. But enough is enough. A lot of stores in our area have quit carrying webkinz altogether and quite a few people I know - if all ages - have stopped webkinz altogether. I spend more time on WI than on WW now. Guess I know where I can find some extra money to put toward our deck now.
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #597
mlcm will become famous soon enough

i say we all go on strike and buy no more webkinz anx see how the like that.
maybe they will listen then.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #598
HuskinsdadE
Gifted

cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds
cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm not sure they will really listen to the noise. I'm pretty sure they expected there to be some noise about this.
It's the SILENCE that they will hear. When the orders stop rolling in for the Deluxe memberships, they will listen.
True...but then it will probably be too late.

We will all be bitter at the end of the program and ready to quit. And they will scramble to search out a new segment of customers.
It just won't be the same WW.

Contact them by phone and write a comment in the 'Contact Us' section of the WW Kinzville Newspaper. Make some noise if this is important to us all.
cnetski is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #599
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

I just got done reading all the new membership info & it looks like this $2 a month plan is great for those who don't car about the e-store points or the monthly gift box. It clearly says that if you maintain the membership for 12 continuous months you will receive the Super Deluxe gift.

"The Super Deluxe Item is awarded to 1 Year subscribers immediately as an added gift. All other subscribers are able to obtain this gift if 12 months of continuous deluxe membership is retained at any price level (Twelve 1 month subscriptions, Four 3 month subscriptions, or Two 6 month subscriptions)."

Now how about they give me an option that doesn't include the e-store points but gives me the gift boxes and costs considerably less than the Individual Annual Deluxe membership.
karrit is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #600
YOWZA-I luv being
Gifted

inasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to all

I am still mad, and this won't change. Like many, the eStore points and the gift box were the main reason we have made all our accounts Deluxe. The hourly extras aren't always easy to get, and honestly, half the time, the prizes of food or small amounts of Kinzcash make it seem less then worthwhile to do them. At last count we have over 250 WK - I say that as I know there are a few since the count and I am so mad, I can't recall. I loved WK, it was a grand hobby and all the joy just left when I read about this.
inasmomi is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: